Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
It's important to note that we still haven't received any word on the new design for the "Power suit" that was meant to come with the Booster pack DLC.

I think they may say something about that before June. It would be odd to leave that alone for too long without saying anything. So there's that to look forward to I suppose?

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
@Koozek i dunno what's going on with some of our peeps here. you're just sharing info and they're murdering the messenger. ya'll need to chill, again! Jeez.

Hail Final Fantasy XV (once its complete experience is out next year... :(
This game will never be complete oh god, you know back in 2013, I was excited at the prospect of a PC Release, I mean fuck Versus XIII a game I wanted since the PS3 days is getting a graphics update, and I'm building a kick ass Gaming PC at the time I build a R9 280X, AMD FX 8320, 8GB of RAM build in anticipation for when FFXV under Nomura with his full vision realized on the PC. Then the cuts happened and the game came out and I'm not excited for it anymore, even if all the updates, and DLC are in it for free, because it's not the game I wanted.

XV so much potential so little of it used :(

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Surely a redesign couldn't take this long? Maybe they have something planned alongside the re-announcement of the EXO suits. A challenge mode, perhaps? The game could use some more difficultly and it would give more merit to actually wearing the suits on occasion. I'm sure people would have liked them when facing that person in the latest DLC episode.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Surely a redesign couldn't take this long? Maybe they have something planned alongside the re-announcement of the EXO suits. A challenge mode, perhaps? The game could use some more difficultly and it would give more merit to actually wearing the suits on occasion. I'm sure people would have liked them when facing that person in the latest DLC episode.
I'm under the impression that they probably had to start from scratch with a brand new design to negate any similarities to the power ranger suit. Don't think they want a lawsuit on their hands. Designing takes awhile so this could be the case.

I'd be quite happy and pleasantly surprised if they are using this time to work on a higher difficultly level. Something on the same level as fighting "that person" in Ep Gladio but applied to the main game would be most welcome.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
If given the chance to bet on the authenticity of the link koozek posted, where if I win, I get a hundred bucks, and if I lose, I die a horrible horrible painful death, I'd confidently bet on it being true.

You don't have to believe it yourselves, but you don't have to go into turbo denial mode over it either. It's perfectly believable.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
If given the chance to bet on the authenticity of the link koozek posted, where if I win, I get a hundred bucks, and if I lose, I die a horrible horrible painful death, I'd confidently bet on it being true.

You don't have to believe it yourselves, but you don't have to go into turbo denial mode over it either. It's perfectly believable.
What in the world makes you willing to bet your life on it? o_o I get seeing it as believable (though, as I mentioned earlier, I don't think it's necessary for the Versus parts to be intentional untruths for them to be utterly useless), but there's a long way between seeing something as believable and being willing to risk a horrible painful death over it. =P

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
given the small scale of gladiolus episode, i'm a bit worried about the future updates.

1 linear dungeon + no progression system and only two items carried to the main game is not what i want from prompto's or ardyn's dlcs. =x

also i think episode cor is ruled out since they gave a nice spotlight for him in the last dlc, which im fine, he's not important like luna or ardyn.

edit: i imagine that episode prompto will be the biggest of the bunch (it was mentioned he can use a snowbike), while i think ignis will happen in another area of altissia during the invasion/leviathan attack

Last edited:

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
FWIW, those leaks ring true to me. I'll admit there's some confirmation bias there, since the "leaker" and I agree that Tabata and BD2 pulled off a miracle to get a great-but-flawed game out the door by 2016. I don't think @Koozek is the type to indiscriminately parrot rumors on hearsay alone.

So I'd wager the $100 I won on UNC as well. If I lost, I'd be forced to listen to Nickelback. (That's punishment enough.)

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Those suits would have done no good in the DLC. That DLC got set up to where items and stats on the main game account would have no impact on the DLC content by not being carried over.

It's obvious that the devs are capable of making more difficult content, and probably the easiest way to go about doing that is creating isolated situations such as Ep. Gladio where pre-set conditions can not be altered much.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
What in the world makes you willing to bet your life on it? o_o I get seeing it as believable (though, as I mentioned earlier, I don't think it's necessary for the Versus parts to be intentional untruths for them to be utterly useless), but there's a long way between seeing something as believable and being willing to risk a horrible painful death over it. =P
Because if that's a fake, it's among the best I've ever seen for no apparent gain. It doesn't really matter what the losing bet is, I'm confident enough that those words are, at the very least, the truth as that person saw it that I'm happy to just take the hundred bucks :p

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
source: illazyversusxvisreal.com

but really, the best and most reasonable leak yet.
lol...

Well, by contrast, anything to do with Versus XV has the entire opposite effect. Hits every red flag there is. It reads like what someone thinks that camp is looking for. You can see the strings, so to speak. The other one is so matter of fact and neutral, while still totally fitting.

Obviously, this is conjecture, but I feel pretty confident on both.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
To be fair, I've been gone for a while and I was quoting someone else. But, point taken! I totally and utterly support this in this first place.

Edit: The neutral version of the point I was getting at is appropriate, though. When an anonymous leak looks to thoroughly support only one side of an ongoing internet debate (which usually happens because a topic is ambiguous enough for enough people to feel strongly about their positions), it's either a fake or it's biased. When a leak comes off sounding like nothing people have been guessing, doesn't really pick a side and totally fits, while coming from someone who appears matter-of-fact and bangs the answers out steadily and with little to no ambiguity, it becomes worth listening to. Especially when it's the people supplying the questions, not the leaker volunteering a particular angle.

Of course, not always as some people are amazing liars, or they sneak a smaller lie through and build up enough clout to get and unwarranted benefit of the doubt. It does happen. But even if someone like verendus, or however it was spelled, can sneak his way into implied credibility, it's still surrounded by skeptics that don't buy it and it won't last.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Those suits would have done no good in the DLC. That DLC got set up to where items and stats on the main game account would have no impact on the DLC content by not being carried over.

It's obvious that the devs are capable of making more difficult content, and probably the easiest way to go about doing that is creating isolated situations such as Ep. Gladio where pre-set conditions can not be altered much.
So you don't believe they will add a challenge mode to the main game?

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Because if that's a fake, it's among the best I've ever seen for no apparent gain. It doesn't really matter what the losing bet is, I'm confident enough that those words are, at the very least, the truth as that person saw it that I'm happy to just take the hundred bucks :p
Well, the apparent gain is internet notoriety, which is necessary for even a legitimate source to breach the bounds of confidentiality to leak behind-the-scenes material to the public. ;)

And, to be fair, most of the FFXV stuff seems at least plausible, and the least plausible stuff is stuff that the guy presented as hearsay. With regards to Luna, for instance, he said:

"I heard that the team had to change and delete certain scenes about her because they portrayed her in a way that would have been criticized nowadays."

"There were references to the heroine having been abused by other characters, some scenes would have featured Luna crying because of her health and there were also mentions of her goal in life being meeting the male protagonist's expectations/objectives, which the team considered that were going to be problematic since the game had been carrying a bad reputation because of the way they portrayed female characters."

"Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.

I don't find that explanation particularly convincing given the scenes as they exist in the game and on my Blu-ray soundtrack.

a) If the abuse references were cut because the team was afraid they would be problematic, why would they be included on the Blu-ray soundtrack? It's not like the Dawn trailers were replicated in full -- someone chose specific scenes and images to use to represent its soundtrack and made a specific decision to include that part.

b) There actually were scenes in the game where Luna was crying because of her health? That's what the scene she shared with Ravus in Altissia was about -- it's not like that element was cut. o_0;

c) The game makes it entirely clear that Luna's identity is subsumed into her role as Oracle, namely, to protect and serve the King of Light. Again, we're not talking about things that are missing from the actual game.

And, with regards to Versus, he first says,

"I'm probably wrong about this since I'm not that familiar to plot terms and stuff from the 13 universe but I think more than one crystal existed in the game and that each crystal had a family which acted as bodyguards. Noctis was part of the Lucis family and the heroine was part of the other family. And the game had a lot to do with death so Noctis was continously using the weapons of dead family members."

...which shows a pretty serious lack of confidence in information that's either publicly available (more than one crystal, each protected by a family, with Stella being part of another family with a crystal) or explicitly carried over into XV (Noct using weapons of dead family members).

After that, he shifts to a much more confident tone and says,

"The game centered about death, ghosts and hallucination/dreams. Noctis killed the female protagonist before the game started but he didn't remember. Ardyn was Noctis ancestor and he was responsible of the crystals disappearing over time (the only one left was Lucis crystal). Regis died in front of Noctis because his bodyguards betrayed him. The protagonists had to leave the capital because their nation lost the war.

The game didn't focus on summons that much (they still existed) and instead there were actual gods which didn't appear physically. One of the gods was the main antagonist of the first FF game. Each nation was inspired by a different capital of the world. The empire was using ghosts as weapons. Ravus wanted to kill Noctis for having killed her sister. The game ended in another dimension which was supposed to be their version of the after-life."

...which is the biggest reason why I doubt his credibility.

Here's the thing -- Versus XIII was FNC. "Ghosts" are not a thing in FNC; "Shigai" are. The entities used by the Empire in FFXV's Japanese localization are "Shigai." At the very least, that suggests a serious lack of understanding of the core concepts of the FNC/Versus project.

Likewise, Chaos* as a god is not a thing in FNC; Chaos as a corrupting force of nature is. FFXV includes both an equivalent god figure (Ifrit, who clearly draws from Amano concepts for FFI Chaos) and an equivalent force of corruption (the Starscourge), so it's plausible that the force of nature took the form of a demon in Versus XIII. That doesn't really match what the leaker is saying in terms of details, though.

For what it's worth, I think it's very likely that the mythos as revealed between Chapter 13 and the end of the game drew heavily from Versus XIII/Nomura XV elements. The Empire uses Daemons instead of Cie'th, Ifrit and the Starscourge take on the role of Chaos, and the "act of love by the Last King" hinted at in Versus trailers is Noct's sacrifice to purge the world of the Scourge/Chaos that threatens to destroy it. Any "leaks" that contradict such obvious connections need a much better reason for doing so than I've yet seen offered.

* And lol at the idea that it's easier to remember "the main antagonist of the first FF game" than it is to remember the name "Chaos." I'd understand referring to it as "some giant demon guy" or another purely visual description, but linking it to a specific final boss and then leaving the name out reeks of intentional obfuscation.

The second biggest reason why I doubt his credibility, for the record, is this:

"The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development)."

Because, honestly, if they had already started featuring an older Cindy model in scenes that had to be cut, why in the world would she not at least show up at Hammerhead when you visit in the game itself? o_0;