Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
That was a pretty great trailer. Good to see that the story seems relevant, or at least not filler-tier like Gladio's. Aranea was a nice surpsise, especially in that winter outfit. (seriously, every game should have winter costumes, they're always super cool)
I'm still not sure about the gameplay though

And oh God I LOVE these mid-combat selfies

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Square Enix Is Recruiting Game Engine Programmers For Its New Luminous Studio Engine

Square Enix’s Business Division 2, the division behind Final Fantasy XV and its ever-expanding universe, is recruiting game engine programmers to help work on their new game engine.

The job is mostly work on system development and the Luminous Studio Pro game engine, which we saw in use during a tech demo of Final Fantasy XV running on PC with GTX 1080Ti at GDC 2017 back in March.

The work will require checkups, research, development on the next-generation game engine’s core features. Square Enix offers candidates the opportunity to work and grow with the company with an environment featuring the latest technology for working on real-time graphics and pre-rendered movies.

However, it’s a highly demanding position that requires research and development using new technology, a global approach in game development, being active in the community, and various other challenges.

Those who are accepted will also be required to discuss technicalities with top-level engineers and may even attend conferences such as GDC, CEDEC, and SIGGRAPH to present their latest work.

Square Enix registered the trademark for Luminous Studio Pro back in October 2016, shortly before the release of Final Fantasy XV, and so far we’ve only seen it put to use in Final Fantasy XV’s PC tech demo. By the sounds of it, we’ll be seeing more of the next-generation engine in the near future.
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/1...ngine-programmers-new-luminous-studio-engine/

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Random theory but does anyone else think that there could be a Prompto vs Aranea segment?

Just like how their was a final trial with Cor in episode Gladiolus?

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Square Enix Is Recruiting Game Engine Programmers For Its New Luminous Studio Engine

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/1...ngine-programmers-new-luminous-studio-engine/
A bit of a tangent baseless assumption
: Remember when back in february we were informed that 30% of FFXV dev team were moved to other divisions? I got a hunch that they were moved to start spreading & "training" the other divisions on with Luminous Engine. This recruitment would be to make up for their current "lack" of R&D dedicated staff.

~End of baseless assumption

Back to FFXV & Luminous Engine: Good to have even more reassurance that all the investement in XV's engine will start blooming for BD2 soon (and hopefully for S.E).

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I think Square's plan right now is to make the engine ready to work with on the next gen. It seems the current gen systems can't really handle it properly and, while technically finished, it still needs a lot of tweaking before being usable. That's why they're using Unreal for their current projects.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Sports and FPS games being in the top 10 was to be expected. Not my cuppa tea but yeah I saw that coming.

Tbh I'm pleasantly surprised that FFXV made it into the top 10. Good on it. If this is the case, then the financial success the game earned should fund the upcoming content for it. Or at least I hope that's what the team is doing.

My God GTA V still sells this much? The game is literally four years old.
Yeah GTA has always been beasty whenever it came to sales. I'm guessing the new RDR game will be the same too sales figure wise.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I'm wondering when they'll hit 7+ million, especially given the recent deals that were offering the full (digital) game on a discount.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I think it's quite possible for them to hit 7+ million copies. I mean the game is still ongoing, probably for years to come.

If the DLC deliver with positive reception all around, I can see more people jumping on board and buying the game.

I know a couple of people who are waiting for the DLC to come out before making a decision on whether to buy it or not. They're interested but they're just waiting to see if it's worth it.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'm normally very hard to annoy but the fact that SE is ignoring their western fanbase by continuing to release Japan only stuff is starting to rub me the wrong way.

They do realize that more western gamers than Japanese people bought FFXV right? And that said gamers would gladly buy these kinda stuff?