Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
It's not out yet. It's a miswording of the game coming to mobile.
Huh. Yeah their marketing department really need to get their shit together :/

As of now, they’ve removed the video.

Probably because people thought it was out already? To be fair that was kinda misleading.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
so many ppl asking on twitter if PS plus is needed for the single-player mode... wtf are they waiting to address this? the only confirmation we got was from the stream with matt lol and what he says could literally mean nothing lol

edit:

update is up, now you can accept multiple hunts (10 max).

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The pic makes a bit sad inside.
The tubby Chocobo is a nice touch. That’s adorable.

so many ppl asking on twitter if PS plus is needed for the single-player mode... wtf are they waiting to address this? the only confirmation we got was from the stream with matt lol and what he says could literally mean nothing lol

edit:

update is up, now you can accept multiple hunts (10 max).
Nice! Multiple hunts should make replays a smoother experience.

They’re really dropping the ball with their marketing if people are still confused about that just days before release.

Just did some quick research and I see a lot of “yes”, “no” and “I dunno.”

The only reason I can think of why they haven’t given a solid answer is they’re still working it out with Sony.

Otherwise, a simple confirmation tweet should suffice.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/929182141489057792

"Avatar Trivia: The mouth & face are created based on the blend of two faces that represent one's "ancestry." There are many races to pick but the "Asian skeletal structure" ancestors are based on real people"

will probably create a female char first, with a fancy latin name.
The ancestry system is kind of brilliant -- it makes it easy to get the sort of racial traits one wants without having to mess with too many sliders. Is that something that other games with character creators do, or is that BD2's own idea?

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Is Noctis the new Lightning over at SEHQ? He's almost everywhere nowadays.

If the new DMC 5 rumor is true, then I'm 100% expecting Noctis to cameo now. I mean, why not? He possesses a cool sword like Dante and pals. That's all you need to be in a Devil May Cry game, right?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Noctis in Tekken? Didn’t see that one coming but that’s a good thing!

I play as Alisa and was looking for a new character to master so this came at the perfect time.

Noctis has got a good set of moves on him from what I’m seeing.

I wonder what his solo campaign will be like? Hammerhead as a stage is hectic cause Cindy is gonna be in the background cheering ;)

I like Nova’s idea of having him in Super Smash too. Love that game.

Is Noctis the new Lightning over at SEHQ? He's almost everywhere nowadays.

If the new DMC 5 rumor is true, then I'm 100% expecting Noctis to cameo now. I mean, why not? He possesses a cool sword like Dante and pals. That's all you need to be in a Devil May Cry game, right?
DMC5 rumour?

Tell me more...

This is the original dmc, not the reboot right?

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I started a new game from scratch this past week to check out the new hunt mechanic. I can't underscore how much better the pacing of the early game is with this capability. And it may be just me, but perhaps they've included some stealth updates..? For instance, the combat seems to be less chaotic. The cross-chaining, in particular, makes it easier to take down some of the more spongy encounters early in the game.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I started a new game from scratch this past week to check out the new hunt mechanic. I can't underscore how much better the pacing of the early game is with this capability. And it may be just me, but perhaps they've included some stealth updates..? For instance, the combat seems to be less chaotic. The cross-chaining, in particular, makes it easier to take down some of the more spongy encounters early in the game.
This hypes me. I still refrain to play the game (only got to chapter 9 but ik everything about it) while waiting for the most "complete" version to come out but boy the worst problems i had with the game were the hunts.

I think the next year will be well worth the wait. I hope we get that roadmap soon. We are midway through november

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Yeah....i mean at first i didn't mind one hunt at a time until i reached the post-game portion, where the limitation REALLY got irksome. Glad it opened up now.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
i actually teared a bit rofl really seems they put a lot of passion into the song; i think this type of music really suited the theme of the game.
Seriously. The level of enthusiasm is something else.

The choice of Gospel music is inspired in about three different ways, too -- it matches the American South setting, the resisting-oppression theme, and the game's overarching Christian symbolism.

How long do you think it'll take for Choosing Hope to show up at Distant Worlds?

edit: zomfg Noctis confirmed as a character in Tekken 7!

You know, I didn't have any interest in Tekken before, but I'm tempted now. XD I'd have thought he'd show up in Soul Calibur first, though.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

my 12 year old-self wants to be noctis.
Noctis with Sword of The Father > Noctis with Engine Blade :cool:.

I would suggest your 12 years old-self to re-think his choice...:angelic:

Edit:
And it may be just me, but perhaps they've included some stealth updates..?
As far as the community could notice:
Patch 1.05
When first released, enemies defeated by summoning only yielded EXP to Noctis. After the 1.05 patch, every party member that has not fallen will gain the EXP as well.
Patch 1.16
Previously powerful combination of using the Bow of the Clever with Ignis's Overwhelm Technique was made significantly slower.

That's as far gameplay goes, they likely fixed a bunch of bugs someone us may not having aware of.

Last edited: