Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
That Quick Recipeh ability just qualified this as the best DLC of all time.

Ignis seems to be extremely quick during combat. He's also a heavy spell user too.

I wonder if we can character switch as him outside of combat in the upcoming update? Haven't been following this too closely lately so feel free to correct me here.
His spells don't seen to do a lot of damange, his normal hits seen to deal around the same numbers.

We still have no words about character switch working outside of combat...

EDIT: @Bazztek
I think that Weapon design was probably the early design of the superboss Naglfar, according to its bestiary description:

"A nefarious fiend told of in legends, its brutality far surpassing that of other deathclaw. Its name is recorded in lost pages of the Cosmogony as one of the creatures that fought to a standstill against the twenty-four Messengers in the kingdom's nascent years. The return of naglfar is said to be an omen of unspeakable disaster to come."

This (final) description does not mention any of the Astral but it does mention all the Messengers (beings connected to them) fighting Naglfar at some point so my personal theory is that in some of the early concepts Bahamut step in the fight at one point.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
His spells don't seen to do a lot of damange, his normal hits seen to deal around the same numbers.

EDIT: @Bazztek
I think that Weapon design was probably the early design of the superboss Naglfar, according to its bestiary description:

"A nefarious fiend told of in legends, its brutality far surpassing that of other deathclaw. Its name is recorded in lost pages of the Cosmogony as one of the creatures that fought to a standstill against the twenty-four Messengers in the kingdom's nascent years. The return of naglfar is said to be an omen of unspeakable disaster to come."

This (final) description does not mention any of the Astral but it does mention all the Messengers (beings connected to them) fighting Naglfar at some point so my personal theory is that in some of the early concepts Bahamut step in the fight at one point.
Since we've yet to see all 24 messengers it's possible that one of them may even be a "lesser Bahamut"s in a sense, in that it's not the main Bahamut but is a messenger as a Dragon type Bahamut but just smaller, similar to how FF7 has multiple Bahamut's.

I'm still not entirely clear on Shiva in relation to
Gentiana, whether Gentiana was her own self seperate from Shiva, and Shiva only uses her as a host body following Niflheim's attack on her that killed her copoeral form, or if she was always the same being just under the guise of Gentiana. Gentiana appears alongside Umbra and Pryna in the Cosmogony book both with angel wings too.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Just gonna say its quite likely to not happen, or at last in the upcoming update should there be high demand and they patch it for free roam later on.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Character switching just completely opened up the gameplay to a whole new level.

Blast enemies from afar with Prompto with rocket launcher missiles, bullets and grenades, massacre them when they’re vulnerable with Gladio, exploit weaknesses with Ignis’s elemental imbued daggers, and warp strike for quick kills as Noctis.

It’s pretty great so far.

Character switch is an Ascension Grid skill (on the technique tab), it's available only for combat.
It’s pretty cheap too with 20 ability points per character. This means we can unlock this early in the game which is pretty cool.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Any word on Tabata receiving feedback on the game being too easy? The excerpts I've seen mostly focus on the story aspect of things. Since character switching is in, it's safe to assume that other game altering changes are in the works?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
watched some vids, it looks so damn satisfying that i'm not even mad about no-free roam (tho i'm a bit dissapointed about this, also my idea of getting ammo from niffs was better ;p)
Any word on Tabata receiving feedback on the game being too easy? The excerpts I've seen mostly focus on the story aspect of things. Since character switching is in, it's safe to assume that other game altering changes are in the works?
no comment about that so far (but hard mode was on the survey so they are at least aware), i would expect more gameplay improvements.

anyway, new ep ignis key-art:

(kinda alludes to that concept art with giant monsters in a wrecked city).

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/940568688020701185

"Now downloading FFXV Episode Ignis. This is the biggest character episode yet (both in size and story). It will be out on December 13th worldwide. Download size: 4.6GB."

i wonder if there'll be a teaser for future content? maybe the roadmap? both Ep gladio and prompto had teasers; i tried Comrades to see how shorter load times are, not a huge difference but its def noticeable.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Since character switch works with L1+L2 (LB+LT on Xbox One) this could discard the possibility of Comrades magic system (which uses L2 as its deidcared magic button) being transfered to the main game.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Only got to play for 30mins today so not too familiar with playing as Ignis yet since I had to leave the house.

However I’m reading nothing but good things about the character switching feature.

It’s been awhile since the community has agreed on a feature being a welcome addition.

Gonna have to avoid YouTube for a few days since people will be promoting their spoilery thumbnailed videos of Episode Ignis.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
However I’m reading nothing but good things about the character switching feature.

It’s been awhile since the community has agreed on a feature being a welcome addition.
The only things that some members are not very happy are:
  1. Limited to combat only.
  2. There are not strong enough enemies to drag the fights long enough to use the feature as much as they would like, particulary on higher levels.