Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I've seen an entire stream of Episode Ignis through LemonKowGaming, I can tell this DLC episode is going to be the best for me, even though I have yet to play it.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
The only things that some members are not very happy are:
  1. Limited to combat only.
  2. There are not strong enough enemies to drag the fights long enough to use the feature as much as they would like, particulary on higher levels.
The 2nd one really makes me up they're getting on doing a hard mode next year lol.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Definitely think a Hard Mode is coming, but I think a lot of effort will be put into it to not make it feel like you are completing the same game. Balancing the game for hard mode would great, but since it'd be coming over a year after a release, I think they'd have to entice people to return and play the game again.

I'd vouch for an extended ending/true final boss, some secret bosses, potentially new/unlockable items and sequences

For example, maybe in Chapter 5 you do get to fight Ravus instead of it not happening

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
So we have extra tidbits from Ardyn in chapter 3 verse 2...
He had a brother who became the first King in his place and who exile Ardyn and demonized him for healing (absorbing the Starcourge) people.
His brother name was potentially Izunia.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Its a what if, but the backstory they give us there is 100% canon to the story. I think they are definitely teasing future content with what they are saying.

Not trying to be specific.

Episode Ardyn was already confirmed to come out first next year, I think they did say they wanted to show lore for Ardyn before Episode Ardyn comes out, it would seem as if Extra Verse is the place it adds this lore.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
so any impressions?
From what I've seen, it's the best of the 3 by far in gameplay and story. It adds at least 2 bossfights people wanted in the main game and expands on those characters. The final boss is satisfying and the alternate ending boss and story is fucking amazing (That is my personal observation).

I do hope future updates follow up on the alternate verse in some way, especially since alternate timeline stuff seems to be important to FFXV, as other people have said in this thread. Hell, id like them to clarify the main games ending a little more too if they could. This looks like the best addition so far.

Here's to another year of actual updates and DLC!

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Omg so many spoilers everywhere it’s like a goddam landmine!

Gonna have to avoid YouTube and resist clicking on the spoiler tabs... out of all the episodes I want to go in blind with this one (no pun intended :p )

The only things that some members are not very happy are:
  1. Limited to combat only.
  2. There are not strong enough enemies to drag the fights long enough to use the feature as much as they would like, particulary on higher levels.
Ah I see.

There could be updates to remedy those complaints in the future. For now, I think it’s great that they released character switching at all.

So from what i'm reading, EP. Ignis met expectations? :3
I want to know this as well, but in a none spoilery way of course.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I do hope future updates follow up on the alternate verse in some way, especially since alternate timeline stuff seems to be important to FFXV, as other people have said in this thread. Hell, id like them to clarify the main games ending a little more too if they could. This looks like the best addition so far.
IMO that would be a waste, why create what if stories instead of improving the story of the main game? Would much more prefer the alternate verse to be something exclusive for EP Ignis.