Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I just found that too lol.

Neat hidden balance patch, really hope the main game gets one like this too (and more notable than the Bow + Overwhelm nerf).

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7k6nqp/small_detail_people_seem_to_have_missed/
"The "animation" for warping has changed with the new patch that is linked with Ep Ignis.

Now the camera follows Noct with a delay when you warp strike at enemies across long distances. It gives the illusion of more impact.

Edit: This also applies to Comrades!"
anyone noticed this?

edit:

some curiosities:

"the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone." (from Of Lucii leak)​

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7k6nqp/small_detail_people_seem_to_have_missed/

anyone noticed this?

edit:

some curiosities:

"the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone." (from Of Lucii leak)​
That picture of dueling monsters in front of the Lucis palace. One of them's clearly Bahamut. But the other looks like a centaur. It's clearly an incredible battle. Reminds me of some concepts for Type-0.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
That picture of dueling monsters in front of the Lucis palace. One of them's clearly Bahamut. But the other looks like a centaur. It's clearly an incredible battle. Reminds me of some concepts for Type-0.
they have a very sinister and robotic look (maybe one could even be ultima weapon), the dual dragons imagery really reminded me of niflheim's flag; wonder if they were designed for Versus/early XV or the movie.

anyway, just found this artwork, we never see this lady-like character in the game (unused clothes for stella/luna maybe).

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
anyway, just found this artwork, we never see this lady-like character in the game (unused clothes for stella/luna maybe).
That look reminds me a little of the clothes Lunafreya wore in Kingsglaive during her unsuccessful escape attempt. Maybe it's a version of disguised/incognito Lunafreya. Given what Gentiana looks like, I'd say those concepts were from after the team decided to drop Stella (still hoping she's rescued in concept somehow and given a great role in another game).

Oct 2, 2016
What an incredible ride! Wow. Im gonna skip the obvious stuff like, "if only this was in the game at the start, and being a 'part' of the main campaign would have clearly been better" but i'll ignore those concerns for now ;). It was a wonderfully well done DLC and added so much to the game and Ignis' character. There are clearly somethings I wish they did different, like I wish they spent those resources to add Ch3 Verse 2 to simply add it to the main game or Main campaign of Episode Ignis. Some of those scenes, despite being non-canon, clearly are a part of the story.

I think the main-ending of FFXV is more meaningful and powerful than the alternate ending proposed in Episode Ignis Ch3. verse2. But I appreciated the attempt. Square is clearly experimenting with things.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

anyone noticed this?

edit:

some curiosities:

It's possible we may see some of those cut concepts.

Of the stuff cut in the 2nd half, there was a train station where you likely boarded the train, this open area I'm guessing in Cartanica, and a dungeon at Shiva's corpse. If they can incorporate those things along with maybe something Tenebrae related that would improve the game immensely. That an potentially opening up Accordo and a bit of Gralea/Insomnia in some form or another (via DLC locations or actually fixing the 2nd half)

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
It's possible we may see some of those cut concepts.

Of the stuff cut in the 2nd half, there was a train station where you likely boarded the train, this open area I'm guessing in Cartanica, and a dungeon at Shiva's corpse. If they can incorporate those things along with maybe something Tenebrae related that would improve the game immensely. That an potentially opening up Accordo and a bit of Gralea/Insomnia in some form or another (via DLC locations or actually fixing the 2nd half)
its worth to note Tabata mentioned 2 times that one of his biggest regrets (together with not being able to include off-road at release time) was how they handled the transition to open-world > linear section, saying they should have made something more gradual instead of a sudden change... according to him, a lot of newcomers stopped playing because of that.

one of the goals for next year is to release content for the fans but he also mentioned content to appeal to those players that gave up from the game for whatever reason.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
its worth to note Tabata mentioned 2 times that one of his biggest regrets (together with not being able to include off-road at release time) was how they handled the transition to open-world > linear section, saying they should have made something more gradual instead of a sudden change... according to him, a lot of newcomers stopped playing because of that.

one of the goals for next year is to release content for the fans but he also mentioned content to appeal to those players that gave up from the game for whatever reason.
Perhaps we'll get an update in regards to the gradual transition into the linear half of the game, they could make a new chapter that could take place after chapter 9, or add it into chapter 9 that could take place before the train, perhaps they could use the train station from the 2015 video involving the 'cat cam', or the area in the TGS 2014 trailer that had the red sky and blood moon, but without the two, and show more of Noctis' dealing with his insecurities based on the words on the page with Noctis holding the necklace, but we'll see what happens.