Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Given Tabata's words on the second half transition, i speculate that the unused train station here may indeed have been the bridge between the open world/linear sections of the game:

View attachment 816

Not saying this is 100% confirmation, but its probably likely.
Perhaps this train station could return next year, but we'll see, but we did get the Regalia Type-D, which was originally planned to be in the game from day one, in the end, so we might get the train station in the end as well.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
its worth to note Tabata mentioned 2 times that one of his biggest regrets (together with not being able to include off-road at release time) was how they handled the transition to open-world > linear section, saying they should have made something more gradual instead of a sudden change... according to him, a lot of newcomers stopped playing because of that.

one of the goals for next year is to release content for the fans but he also mentioned content to appeal to those players that gave up from the game for whatever reason.

Yup, I'm thinking one of the most ideal things is to actually add a small story section at this station town (even if it's just the station), then, when you get to Cartanica, you can actually travel outside with your car as well to the dungeon that you have to complete. It was very obvious there was an open area before the dungeon in Chapter 10. But the 2nd half of the game should just be full of dungeons in areas they couldnt make exactly open world.

I'd love to get an optional dungeon when you stop in Tenebrae to explore the castle or actually earn Shiva by clearing her trial near her corpse (similar to Ramuh).

These, on top of actually exploring a small part of Accordo along with maybe a section of Gralea and Insomnia would honestly complete the world exploration factor I've wanted for this game. It's oozing with realistic variety that id love to actually explore the places we see more in depth, if on a little in the form of a dungeon. Hell, I hope comrades opens a small area in Galahd in the future for all the times they mention it.

Regardless, if not through free content patches, some of the actual DLC we'll get next year will totally cover some of these fronts a feel like. For example, I definitely think in the Ardyn DLC we'll actually fight Shiva before we corrupt Ifrit (maybe after even fighting Ifrit himself) if it takes place in Solheim time periods. If not, I feel like Ardyn's stuff will take place in new areas around Niflheim or Gralea during modern times, so we will definitely get something new in terms of setting in 2018.

Edit: I mean to say that any of these done would scratch my itch. If all of them are scratched in anyway I would consider FFXV to be my favorite story setting/game of all time. I think we'll definitely see the return of that train station and some of the other elements they took out first and foremost. I wonder how in depth that roadmap will be or when we'll actually get it.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
its worth to note Tabata mentioned 2 times that one of his biggest regrets (together with not being able to include off-road at release time) was how they handled the transition to open-world > linear section, saying they should have made something more gradual instead of a sudden change... according to him, a lot of newcomers stopped playing because of that.
I honestly think that the best way to fix the open-world -> linear problem would be to restructure the game so the DLCs are played in-line with the story
(i.e. Ep Gladio when Gladio returns in Chapter 8, Ep Ignis immediately after Noct wakes up, 13:2 in between Noct falling off the bridge in Zegnautus Keep and waking up next to Ravus, Ep Prompto after Noct reunites with Prompto, and Ep Comrades after old!Noct reaches Hammerhead).
Episodes Ignis and Prompto both have significant open-world aspects to them, after all, and even Episode Comrades offers a degree of freedom in spite of its hub-and-mission structure.

That particular restructure would also do wonders for Ravus, because his story is legitimately compelling when told in chronological order rather than piecemeal.
Seriously, Episode Ignis makes his motivations incredibly sympathetic, even if his actions are clearly wrong. Trying to murder Noct while he's defenseless is a terrible thing to do, but fighting him to bring him back to his senses makes for one of the most emotionally compelling bits of combat in the entire 'verse.

With that said, Episode Ignis would need some modifications to fit in-line with the main game. One easy fix would be to
reverse the audio of Bahamut's monologue to sound like "Astral speech" and transform the spoiler potential of that sequence into more reasonable levels of foreshadowing.
Chapter 3 Verse 2 would simply have to be left as a start menu option, however.

Speaking of Chapter 3 Verse 2...

Does anyone else find the ending of 3:2 to be frustratingly ambiguous?

There are at least six different ways to interpret what actually happened, all of which have their pros and cons.

1) Everyone lives. Somehow.

Pro: It's the most obvious interpretation, given what happens on the surface level.

Con: It makes no sense whatsoever given the mythos that exists not only in the main game and Episode Ignis but even in Verse 2 itself. Why would Verse 2 spend so much time having not!Luna talk about how things have to go the way they did in the main game when they don't actually have to go that way?

2) Noct and Ignis both live. Unfortunately, Ardyn wasn't properly killed, so the world is due for another Starscourge infestation who-knows-when.

Pros: Of all the alternative explanations, this requires the least resistance to what happens on the surface level without undercutting the mythos of the main game. It draws upon several elements of 3:2 that are in tension with the surface level reading, namely not!Luna's dialogue and Ignis' line about not caring what happens to the world as long as he can save Noct.

Con: There's little positive evidence in favor of this interpretation.

3) Noct still sacrifices himself to destroy Ardyn once and for all, but Ignis is granted an opportunity to see his ghost after the end.

Pro: Noct's actions in the end are a little strange if he's supposed to be alive and well. He doesn't speak, he just nods his head... in much the same way that Luna did when she appeared after death. If he is a ghost, it would explain why he doesn't move or say anything.

Con: This interpretation doesn't make much thematic sense. If Noct still has to die, why would 3:2 focus so much on Ignis' willingness to sacrifice the world to save Noct? Ignis' selfish actions would effectively make things better for everyone but Noct, which would be... odd, to say the least.

4) Noct and Ignis both die in the final battle to destroy Ardyn once and for all because they had both previously called upon the Crystal's power at the cost of their lives.

Pros: Using the ring has an actual consequence for Ignis. This interpretation also explains why the only two characters who appear in the final scene are Noct and Ignis. Finally, this interpretation would parallel the canon ending insofar as it would show Noct in the afterlife with someone who loves him. (Let's be honest; the bad ending highly implies that Ignis has feelings for Noct. =P )

Con: Poor Luna is rendered largely irrelevant and ends up being left with nothing.

5) Ignis dies as a result of using the ring. Everything that happens after Noctis arrives is a hallucination of the world which he wanted to create.

Pro: The way certain characters act in this ending isn't really in line with how they act in the main game. The primary instance of this, of course, is Noct calling Ignis "Iggy," though Gladio and Prompto's disappearing act in the final scene could also count.

Con: This is pretty much as resistant a reading as one can reasonably create. Not only is there little positive evidence in favor of it, it's not even particularly compelling on a thematic level.

6) In a stealth worse-than-the-bad-ending ending, Noct sacrifices his life to destroy Ardyn but fails. Ignis survives and goes to serve his King, but the King in question is Ardyn-in-Noct's-clothing rather than Noct himself.

Pros: This interpretation links back to Ardyn's line about Ignis being the first to call him "Your Majesty" and it creates consequences for Ignis' lack of concern for the world. It also explains why the Noct sitting on the throne doesn't really act much like Noct.

Cons: The world is doomed. And, to make matters worse, the game isn't even willing to admit it to the player.

Personally, I'm inclined to go with 2), if only because it seems like the best way to remain thematically consistent with both the main game and the entirety of Episode Ignis. I just wish there was more pointing in that direction. =/

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I honestly think that the best way to fix the open-world -> linear problem would be to restructure the game so the DLCs are played in-line with the story
(i.e. Ep Gladio when Gladio returns in Chapter 8, Ep Ignis immediately after Noct wakes up, 13:2 in between Noct falling off the bridge in Zegnautus Keep and waking up next to Ravus, Ep Prompto after Noct reunites with Prompto, and Ep Comrades after old!Noct reaches Hammerhead).
Episodes Ignis and Prompto both have significant open-world aspects to them, after all, and even Episode Comrades offers a degree of freedom in spite of its hub-and-mission structure.

That particular restructure would also do wonders for Ravus, because his story is legitimately compelling when told in chronological order rather than piecemeal.
Seriously, Episode Ignis makes his motivations incredibly sympathetic, even if his actions are clearly wrong. Trying to murder Noct while he's defenseless is a terrible thing to do, but fighting him to bring him back to his senses makes for one of the most emotionally compelling bits of combat in the entire 'verse.

With that said, Episode Ignis would need some modifications to fit in-line with the main game. One easy fix would be to
reverse the audio of Bahamut's monologue to sound like "Astral speech" and transform the spoiler potential of that sequence into more reasonable levels of foreshadowing.

There are at least six different ways to interpret what actually happened, all of which have their pros and cons.

Pro: It's the most obvious interpretation, given what happens on the surface level.

Con: It makes no sense whatsoever given the mythos that exists not only in the main game and Episode Ignis but even in Verse 2 itself. Why would Verse 2 spend so much time having not!Luna talk about how things have to go the way they did in the main game when they don't actually have to go that way?

2) Noct and Ignis both live. Unfortunately, Ardyn wasn't properly killed, so the world is due for another Starscourge infestation who-knows-when.

Pros: Of all the alternative explanations, this requires the least resistance to what happens on the surface level without undercutting the mythos of the main game. It draws upon several elements of 3:2 that are in tension with the surface level reading, namely not!Luna's dialogue and Ignis' line about not caring what happens to the world as long as he can save Noct.

3) Noct still sacrifices himself to destroy Ardyn once and for all, but Ignis is granted an opportunity to see his ghost after the end.

Pro: Noct's actions in the end are a little strange if he's supposed to be alive and well. He doesn't speak, he just nods his head... in much the same way that Luna did when she appeared after death. If he is a ghost, it would explain why he doesn't move or say anything.

Con: This interpretation doesn't make much thematic sense. If Noct still has to die, why would 3:2 focus so much on Ignis' willingness to sacrifice the world to save Noct? Ignis' selfish actions would effectively make things better for everyone but Noct, which would be... odd, to say the least.

4) Noct and Ignis both die in the final battle to destroy Ardyn once and for all because they had both previously called upon the Crystal's power at the cost of their lives.

Pros: Using the ring has an actual consequence for Ignis. This interpretation also explains why the only two characters who appear in the final scene are Noct and Ignis. Finally, this interpretation would parallel the canon ending insofar as it would show Noct in the afterlife with someone who loves him. (Let's be honest; the bad ending highly implies that Ignis has feelings for Noct. =P )

Con: Poor Luna is rendered largely irrelevant and ends up being left with nothing.

5) Ignis dies as a result of using the ring. Everything that happens after Noctis arrives is a hallucination of the world which he wanted to create.

Pro: The way certain characters act in this ending isn't really in line with how they act in the main game. The primary instance of this, of course, is Noct calling Ignis "Iggy," though Gladio and Prompto's disappearing act in the final scene could also count.

Con: This is pretty much as resistant a reading as one can reasonably create. Not only is there little positive evidence in favor of it, it's not even particularly compelling on a thematic level.

6) In a stealth worse-than-the-bad-ending ending, Noct sacrifices his life to destroy Ardyn but fails. Ignis survives and goes to serve his King, but the King in question is Ardyn-in-Noct's-clothing rather than Noct himself.

Pros: This interpretation links back to Ardyn's line about Ignis being the first to call him "Your Majesty" and it creates consequences for Ignis' lack of concern for the world. It also explains why the Noct sitting on the throne doesn't really act much like Noct.

Cons: The world is doomed. And, to make matters worse, the game isn't even willing to admit it to the player.

Personally, I'm inclined to go with 2), if only because it seems like the best way to remain thematically consistent with both the main game and the entirety of Episode Ignis. I just wish there was more pointing in that direction. =/
I agree with incorporating them into the main game, but they do have to put their end game cutscenes at the end of the game as well then (for both prompto and ignis at least). There is some spoilery stuff there (edit: on top of the dialogue you mentioned)

Edit: anyone curious as to what BD2 meant when they said that one of the story content patches was supposed to tie into episode Ignis? We never actually got that patch so I'm curious as to what that meant. I remember hearing about this before they added the ifrit/Shiva patch to chapter 12

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
maybe the content they were teasing was the character swap, since you can control Ignis.

anyway:

seriously considering buying a Pro and upgrading to SSD (or maybe even PC), def want to experience the game like this, loading times are really bad, going from main game to whatever DLC and back would be a lot smoother.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over

I tend to agree that your no. 2 was the intended meaning. It was interesting enough, as it underscored the powerful bond Ignis and Noctis shared, both out of duty and friendship. I also noted that a less-ambitious FF game would have tried to shoehorn a happy ending (see XIII, Final Fantasy - and yes, the sequels don't count). Since I (shamefully) lost to Ardyn my first attempt (ran out of time), that ending in itself was worth it, since Ardyn basically spells out his motivation for all his actions. But I wonder who the "mysterious voice" was. Sounded mostly feminine - you don't think...? ;)

This was a fantastic piece of DLC, and I also was thinking the entire time that I wish this was in the main game.
I absolutely loved the combat system, and the hookshot was a nice addition. It was good to finally have some character development for Ravus. And Altissia itself looked stunning. Finally, the 2013 E3 trailer was playable.
I had some quibbles with it, though.
I thought the stealth section was rather pointless. The boat set piece was nice, but I wanted a bit more. It was nice to see swimming, but it seemed underutilized.

It was a great way to end FFXV for 2017. Looking forward to the updates for 2018.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I tend to agree that your no. 2 was the intended meaning. It was interesting enough, as it underscored the powerful bond Ignis and Noctis shared, both out of duty and friendship. I also noted that a less-ambitious FF game would have tried to shoehorn a happy ending (see XIII, Final Fantasy - and yes, the sequels don't count). Since I (shamefully) lost to Ardyn my first attempt (ran out of time), that ending in itself was worth it, since Ardyn basically spells out his motivation for all his actions. But I wonder who the "mysterious voice" was. Sounded mostly feminine - you don't think...? ;)

This was a fantastic piece of DLC, and I also was thinking the entire time that I wish this was in the main game.
I absolutely loved the combat system, and the hookshot was a nice addition. It was good to finally have some character development for Ravus. And Altissia itself looked stunning. Finally, the 2013 E3 trailer was playable.
I had some quibbles with it, though.
I thought the stealth section was rather pointless. The boat set piece was nice, but I wanted a bit more. It was nice to see swimming, but it seemed underutilized.

It was a great way to end FFXV for 2017. Looking forward to the updates for 2018.
Yeah, it was a female voice. I assumed it was the Crystal. It speaking with a female voice would be highly suggestive. I don't think it's Lunafreya's spirit, or any of the Astrals. I'm also a little skeptical of it being the Crystal unless it speaks about itself in the third person. So who was it?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Just realized that the cut train station was 100% likely not the first stop you were going to go to: https://imgur.com/a/b9kIz

If you look at the area outside of the train station entrance, you can see the tall bridges that you travel on towards tenebrae on this train. Perhaps there was a another area before or right after Tenebrae? It's totally located in the mountains around there (if anything is to go by this demo, we don't know if the map even existed when they showed this off)

Edit: People from gamefarts mentioning that along with this station and a likely cut Cartanica open area, Ido was a dungeon that was never used: https://gematsu.com/2015/08/final-fantasy-xv-screenshots-introduce-continent-ido-lestallum And people have checked, nothing entirely looks like this area you see in the picture.

I also got pretty nostalgic about this and starting looking through some old images of cut areas:

1 was the santorini town and a very different forest (both just strike me as being from Accordo for some reason: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqx0pf9UAAAUZoo.jpg
Another was an actual area in insomnia that wasn't in the game: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqx30SXUEAAYzfE.jpg
and https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqx30SXUEAAYzfE.jpg

But i do understand that alot of this could just be tech related, but I also think that some of it may come.

For example, I have a feeling this area in (supposedly) Galahd will become available in a future update to Comrades: https://imgur.com/a/mS7On

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I agree with incorporating them into the main game, but they do have to put their end game cutscenes at the end of the game as well then (for both prompto and ignis at least). There is some spoilery stuff there (edit: on top of the dialogue you mentioned)
I figured that sticking the credits/post-credits stuff in either the endgame or the credits would be pretty much assumed. ;) Apart from Episode Comrades, whose playable credits would need to be split into discrete playable and credits sections, the Episodes' credits could just be appended onto the end of the regular credits.
The expanded campfire scene, meanwhile, could either show up at the last campsite or mid-credits roll.

I tend to agree that your no. 2 was the intended meaning. It was interesting enough, as it underscored the powerful bond Ignis and Noctis shared, both out of duty and friendship. I also noted that a less-ambitious FF game would have tried to shoehorn a happy ending (see XIII, Final Fantasy - and yes, the sequels don't count). Since I (shamefully) lost to Ardyn my first attempt (ran out of time), that ending in itself was worth it, since Ardyn basically spells out his motivation for all his actions.
Yeah, the focus on the Noct-Ignis bond is what makes interpretation #2 the most compelling for me. Letting Ignis' selfish desire to save Noct result in the requisite consequences of such selfishness just makes the choice that much more powerful, as far as I'm concerned.

As for the Game Over ending, it's kind of impressive that they managed to make it into something that one would actually want to experience. XD;

The hookshot was so much fun! I liked jumping off of rooftops and catching onto nearby ledges in midair. XD It didn't hurt that the area of Altissia that Ignis could Spiderman his way around looked awesome. It definitely felt like the E3 trailer, just prettier. (Seriously, has BD2 been improving the graphics for the expansions, or...?)

I kinda hope next gen consoles just ouright move on to prinarly SSDs at this point.
Considering how much RAM they're going to need to fill, I'm not sure Sony and Microsoft will have a choice in the matter. =P

Yeah, it was a female voice. I assumed it was the Crystal. It speaking with a female voice would be highly suggestive. I don't think it's Lunafreya's spirit, or any of the Astrals. I'm also a little skeptical of it being the Crystal unless it speaks about itself in the third person. So who was it?
It's not just "a female voice." It's Luna's voice, according to the credits, hence why I've been calling the voice "not!Luna." ;)

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I kinda hope next gen consoles just ouright move on to prinarly SSDs at this point.
SSD first needs to become cheaper. Although it's cheaper than when they first started arriving, it's still a tremendous GB to $ price difference. A 500GB HDD costs like $25 while 500GB SSD costs at least $130 (and that's lowballing). I don't think this will change even with the next generation until the SSD costs are at least halved from what they are now.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
What do you guys think about the debate about the alternate timeline / canonical / non-canonical that's going on?

The forums have erupted with people arguing that the alternate ending in Episode Ignis is canonical.

It's a nice ending but I don't think that it's canon or anything like that. What's even more strange is people are demanding that Square expand upon the alternate timeline stuff.

I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

Edit: I'm observing some threads on Reddit and Gamefaqs (I don't discuss on these sites. no point), but the alternate ending is quite popular from what I'm reading.

Which ending did you guys prefer?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
What do you guys think about the debate about the alternate timeline / canonical / non-canonical that's going on?

The forums have erupted with people arguing that the alternate ending in Episode Ignis is canonical.

It's a nice ending but I don't think that it's canon or anything like that. What's even more strange is people are demanding that Square expand upon the alternate timeline stuff.

I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

Edit: I'm observing some threads on Reddit and Gamefaqs (I don't discuss on these sites. no point), but the alternate ending is quite popular from what I'm reading.

Which ending did you guys prefer?

Well obviously the Ignis ending is not canon specifically because Tabata said it was purely fan service. That being said, I thought it was great, but in no way better than the real ending. The real ending had consequences and hurt, and I loved that. It was realistic in a sense. The only thing the main game needs is just to spruce up the story a bit to make that ending hit as hard as it should have.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So what are everyone's hopes for DLC and Updates?

We know Episode Ardyn is coming, but what about the other 2-3? I personally think we aren't going to get specific character episodes for every single one of the remaining DLC.

I'll start with Ardyn. I personally think there are 3 options for the setting of his DLC. Option 1 could be that it takes place 2000 years ago with him and his brother, while he is a healer, going about Solheim helping people as well as the tragedy that befalls him. You learn more about the Astrals and who Ardyn was. You would fight Shiva before resurrecting Ifrit. Option 2 could be that it takes place in Gralea/Nifleheim with the ability to travel in your sweet ride while you learn more about the secondary villains as you rise to power in Nifleheim to get closer to the Line of Lucis (he didn't become Chancellor without effort). Option 3 could be both. The main crux of the game takes place during the moderate past (Option 2) while plenty of story based flashbacks from thousands of years prior occur to learn what drives Ardyn (Option 1) and even maybe having some playable scenes. I could see this being implemented into the main game after chapter 13. This would solve some Niflheim/Gralea expansion issues while fleshing out starscourge/astrals/secondary villains more. It also will likely make Ardyn's fate that much more sad by the end.

We know something has to happen about Luna. Tabata has been pretty coy about what they are actually planning with her. She's not a fighter/combatant so making a DLC where she does those things would make little sense. What I can specifically see, or personally hope to see is a DLC side-story where Noct and her actually do something important around the region of Accordo. The boat would be the main source of transportation, but you play as Noctis while Luna acts as your caster. Provide that sense of love and companionship that was missing from the main game. This can be chapter 8.5 and integrated in the main game, like Ardyn's. I really don't know how else you incorporate her more into the story, unless they just plan on adding more cutscenes with her. This would solve the expanded Altissia/Accordo problem as well as more character development for Luna.

I personally think character episodes should and might stop here (though Luna's wouldn't be a fully dedicated character episode) and the rest should focus on fixing and expanding the main portions of the game. While the above 2 would add to the main game logically, the 2nd half still leaves much to be desired. I personally think "DLC" 3 would not be a paid DLC at all, but rather a larger update to the back half of the game. Tabata says that he wished he could "smooth out" the transition of the first half to the second half. The easiest way to do this is to give players more to do during the second half. I don't expect Nifleheim to ever be fully explorable (even in Episode Ardyn), but rather have smaller open area's to explore. For starters, adding in the open area that was intended for Niflheim (likely the area in Cartanica) for exploration and new monsters would be great. Add a stop between Cartanica and Tenebrae; make the world feel alive, there was another cut train station (we only stop at 2 technically) that looked very far into design that I'm sure most people know what I'm talking about. Potentially make that a nice small town with a small open region that you can only travel by foot and not by car. Next, make Tenebrae a small region or large dungeon to explore, whilst giving more about that region. Lastly, make the region around Shiva's body explorable. Add a small snow town or something. Either that or make a dungeon near her strictly. This way, the transition from open world to linear is smoothed out if it goes like this::: Chapter 10: Coastal town and station where you board the train (decent sized area to explore by foot)-> Cartanica (Sizable open region with car travel enabled; several areas of interest) -> Chapter 11 plays out the way it does -> Train station town (smaller open region strictly by foot; 1-2 areas of interest) -> Chapter 12: Tenebrae (Large dungeon) -> Shiva/Snow town (smaller dungeon) -> Chapter 13: Linear section that would make much more sense at this point. This would be the biggest update of the bunch but should seriously alleviate most people's concerns about everything up to that point.

Chapter 14 will be our "DLC" 4 and could likely be another free update. Unfortunately, Chapter 13 doesn't leave much opportunity to explore Gralea (Episode Ardyn may help potentially), but I do think chapter 14 will get updated in some form. It has been confirmed by Tabata that we will see Cor/Aranea/Iris/Cindy post-timeskip at some point (correct me if I'm wrong). I think Comrades will strictly stay Kingsglaive related with its updates and potentially give new bits of story here and there, but I do think Chapter 14 will get entirely revamped to allow you to explore the WoR (or at least part of it, perhaps even just a major quest) with Iris. I believe Iris will get the focus here specifically since Cor and Aranea got more focus as allies in 2 DLC episodes. I've been trying to think of a motivation behind why they would explore the WoR, since it is just essentially just a darker Lucis, so there likely has to be some sort of story or gameplay benefit to doing so. Maybe finally getting some story updates for Gladio/Iris (if not done for them in another, earlier update) about how their Father's death affected them. I would say the driving force could be a daemon Glauca, as it could give Noct, Gladio and Iris some sort of emotional closer in that regard, and also solve that story related gap. Tabata has stated in the recent game informer interview that he "wants to go deeper into the background of some characters and personalities". Absolutely fanfic here I know but I just wish I could actually fight Glauca and not watch Nyx do it.

But this only would cover the first portion of Chapter 14. Tabata has repeatedly said he'd love to incorporate Insomnia more into the game. I think expanding Chapter 14 in a way that allows Insomnia to be more explored is very important.
A way to do this is to just let the characters travel there by foot with a few loading zones (it would take waaaay too long to actually travel there by foot realistically). I think also improving the ending bossfight would be nice as well. It's either this or they utilize Insomnia in some sort of prologue or flashback.

Anyway this is my dream update along with a rewarding Hard mode and a more refined ending/final boss. I'm sure some of this will happen to an extent as some of it has been hinted at before (More insomnia, Episode Ardyn, more Luna content, post timeskip Iris, etc) and much of it may not or at least in the form that I'm describing. I am also hoping to be surprised by stuff as well. I have been trying to wrap my head around what the "Completely new gameplay experience" he was talking about and how it could tie into anything, but hopefully it will be great. Tabata said in the game informer interview that everything would be tied heavily to the main story, which is why I think these would work. There are other things I definitely would want or do see coming (such as more exposition between Noctis and Regis/Dawn Trailer footage)

As for feasibility, I think it can be done. They were able to create 4 DLC's with entirely new gameplay mechanics, areas, cutscenes and voice acting within a year and under pressure focusing on other types of content (VR, Mobile, Pocket edition, PC Port, etc), so I think another year, with 3-4 more DLC's or patches of this scope along with updates by the Comrades team can be done. Regardless of what happens, I think we are going to have some pretty great updates to A) The structure of the game and B)The story and presentation of it.

Sorry, I type a lot when I get excited.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
an important correction: Ardyn's story happens at the dawn of Lucis; Solheim is long destroyed at that point (according to the ultimania timeline).

nice guesses about Ep Ardyn: medieval setting, more about the Lucis Caelum line and the establishment of the kingdom of Lucis, Astrals will most likely appear; Gilgamesh as well... and the dlc will make me cry, thats almost certain lol.

edit:

Last edited: