Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Well, part of me is VERY HAPPY about this because I love FF XV, but also there's part of me is very meh about it. I won't buy a new game because I already bought it a few months ago and I like this version much more. I'm pissed that they are making us pay for the content that I feel that should be in game when they released it. I also would like more like a normal sequel made from the stuff they already had and some new things than the endless line of dlcs...also did anyone notice that Ardyn in the trailer is same Ardyn from AC: Origins? It is copy-pasted lol xD
Edit: okay it's not, it just looked very similar on phone but when I checked it on laptop it's ok -,-
I definitely understand this point of view, but if you also look at it from the developers, they are creating new content way after the game was released for you into enjoy.

This wasn't even planned to happen, as the game was to be released as is with the DLC we got last year. Things of this quality and calibur just can't be free, as square would actually lose out on a decent chunk of money. It's there for the people who want to spend money on the game. If you don't, you don't have to. This is only adding to the game, not detracting from it like EA does with all of its games.

Edit: Personal thought but they should totally re-purpose chapter 0 to be the Platinum Demo. The current beginning to the game is odd and unnecessary. Perhaps even add a few new playable assets as young Noct meeting his friends before Chapter 1. Idk maybe that's just me.

Last edited:

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
I definitely understand this point of view, but if you also look at it from the developers, they are creating new content way after the game was released for you into enjoy.

This wasn't even planned to happen, as the game was to be released as is with the DLC we got last year. Things of this quality and calibur just can't be free, as square would actually lose out on a decent chunk of money. It's there for the people who want to spend money on the game. If you don't, you don't have to. This is only adding to the game, not detracting from it like EA does with all of its games.

Edit: Personal thought but they should totally re-purpose chapter 0 to be the Platinum Demo. The current beginning to the game is odd and unnecessary. Perhaps even add a few new playable assets as young Noct meeting his friends before Chapter 1. Idk maybe that's just me.
Yeeaaaah, I know.... but I would give them all my money if their DLC were something like The Witcher's DLC. I never played it (apparently I should since I'm polish lol but not really my style) but Blood&Wine is like 30h long. Boys' dlcs were really cheap so it was no problem to get, but also REALLY short and it felt like it was removed from the game on purpose. It actually feels stupid without them and lefts many unanswered questions. We will se how next line will be, but honestly if'll get any content that was shown in previous trailers (like Luna's abuse in her dlc) and cut only to be made as dlc I will be angry :/ Yeah I really liked Platinum Demo too! Small Noctis is so cute, and it felt very magical!

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Not sure about Ifrit, considering his fight was fine for the most part, but I think Ardyn's is going to get overhauled entirely. It seems more logical that this fight get redone especially now that they added the Rulers in as fights, which just from the 5 seconds I've seen, look better than Ardyn's fight. I'm hopeful for that and it being something hidden they have not mentioned yet.
At most (even that I think will unlikely happen) I think they will rebalance Ifrit's stats for that fight.

I think it's possible, they made a (sort of) reworked Armiger (granted only available via an optional item) so they could replace the Armiger from the final fight with the new one but I would't up my hopes.
I'm of the opinion that Ch.0 should be outright removed from the beginning, far cheapr than adding a new scenario in its place instead.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Honestly if they just added the platinum demo in place and the dawn trailer cutscene with Regis it would be a perfect replacement, but I understand that chapter 0 in its current form is uneccessary.

Edit: if you think about it, those 2 events come full circle for Noct by the end considering his fate

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Just announced! A new soundtrack album for Final Fantasy XV subtitled Volume 2 is set for release on March 2. It's coming in CD and Blu-ray format.

The album includes music from the main game, all three DLC scenarios, Comrades, and new tracks from Shimomura herself which will debut in the Royal Edition content. Exclusive to the Blu-ray version is a live recording from the 2017 Piano Collections concert.

http://www.vgmonline.net/final-fantasy-xv-to-receive-extended-soundtrack/
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff15/ost2/
Yes!!!

I am all for this!

As a collector of music albums, this shall be added to my video game music collection :p

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Honestly I had 9-10 big changes on my wishlist and this update already covered 2 of them.

They were, in no particular order:

1. Expanded Insomnia
2. A playable adaption of KG (Episode Nyx)
3. A much more grandiose ending, with more bosses and cutscenes that explain more about the ending.
4. An entirely different chapter 0 (Noctis as a child or depicting some of his calm experiences living In Insomnia, give more characterization to the main characters, basically Brotherhood adapted into the game)
5. A Niflheim/chapter 10-12 expansion (the biggest thing needed imo)
6. Ardyn flashback/backstory+more niflheim
7. An event with Noctis and Luna
8. WoR
9. Hard Mode
10. Bahamut and Ifrit as summons and a reworked summon concept.

With the Royal Update, we are getting #1 and #3 by March, and Episode Ardyn will cover #6.

3 of the 10 things I thought the game needed likely by June which is awesome. The game sorely needs #5 and #9 so i think those are probably going to happen (considering they've been talked about several times already). Some of these are likely not, like Nyx or a chapter 0 rework lol, but would be cool nonetheless.

#8 WoR seems like it can happen in character episode focusing in Iris/Aranea or a comrades story update where they help your KG character and allow you to play as them.

#10 seems like it could happen at some point but who knows

Edit: Fuck it at this point they added in Cerberus, give us another giant superboss in the form of Diamond Weapon.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
This Royal Edition just came out of nowhere.

Lol it’s great that they kept silent about this and worked on sooo much without telling us.

Makes it easier for the development team to work at their own pace, and for us to get all excited when they actually do announce something.

Keep this up dev team. This is how you do it.

As for the new Amano art, Luna looks so graceful and beautiful. Really liking how she’s front and Center.

I spot Shiva but still can’t find the others lol. Honestly speaking I’m not too fond of Titan on this cover. He looks kinda goofy and it’s off putting in a way.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'm honestly very interested in how many Lucian Kings we'll fight. Interesting thing is that there are 14 relevant Kings, not including Ardyn and Noctis. The Founder was Ardyn's brother, but we never actually get a weapon from him in the game. We get a weapon from every other including Regis. So, if we do in fact fight all of the Kings at the end, will they allow us to also fight The Founder as well as The Father (Regis)?

Comrades has the 13 sigils, do we know if The Father or the Founder are one of those 13? Does Regis actually have an armor like the rest?

Edit: One of the Armor's is The Father, I just don't know which. Which makes sense since The Founder never actually had any relevance, or weapon in the story. Maybe in Ardyn's.

Honestly, it would be odd if they just hand picked a few to fight. Man, now I'm hoping you get to fight all 13 lmao.

Edit 2: I also wonder if/when we will see this area from the GDC demo back in March. I thought Comrades would do it and depicted Galahd (look at the Walls, they are similar to the ones that fell protecting Insomnia back in KG)

Interesting to note, is that other new features taken with this Geforce Footage in that video (new grass, etc) are going to be features in the PC version, which is due in March. Perhaps this area may be a thing by then? Is it a new Comrades area? Or is it something else entirely?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
ACTUALLY, Noct does have a new weapon in the trailer!

Maybe this is The Founder's Weapon?

Edit: People on Reddit are speculating that once you have the Armiger Unleashed skill, you can summon the Knights of the Round.

You can see there are 4 skills. The one used in the trailer is the "Legacy of the Lucii", which costs all 3 skill bars. By the end of that flashy move Noct does in the beginning of the trailer, if you look closely, you can see the HUD disappears entirely, akin to the summons in happening in the game.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
The sword reminds me this. (from the duscae demo)
Looks very different to me (as in, a plain looking sword). We'll see!

Anyway

This pic right here of the new insomnia map makes me think we are going to explore a decent chunk of area in it hopefully. This is a totally different setting compared the tall skyscraper area where the citadel is.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Just announced! A new soundtrack album for Final Fantasy XV subtitled Volume 2 is set for release on March 2. It's coming in CD and Blu-ray format.

The album includes music from the main game, all three DLC scenarios, Comrades, and new tracks from Shimomura herself which will debut in the Royal Edition content. Exclusive to the Blu-ray version is a live recording from the 2017 Piano Collections concert.

http://www.vgmonline.net/final-fantasy-xv-to-receive-extended-soundtrack/
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff15/ost2/
This is a must-have for me. Plus, the Blu-ray seems like a great alternative to buying a $32 CD just for the Piano Collections (which has always seemed ridiculously steep to me XD; ).

Edit: People on Reddit are speculating that once you have the Armiger Unleashed skill, you can summon the Knights of the Round.

You can see there are 4 skills. The one used in the trailer is the "Legacy of the Lucii", which costs all 3 skill bars. By the end of that flashy move Noct does in the beginning of the trailer, if you look closely, you can see the HUD disappears entirely, akin to the summons in happening in the game.
Being able to summon the Knights of Round would be amazing. o_0

It kind of feels like Royal Edition is intended to make good on some of the game's more unreasonable pre-release promises. Does it feel like that to anyone else?