Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
The updates I want this year to be connected to the second half mainly, so I'll take as much as I can, as I found it lacking at launch, and I want Episode Ardyn as well.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Royal Pack trophies

(spoilers obviously)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7xgxmx/spoilers_royal_edition_trophies/

someone also digged more info datamining the benchmark, apparently the quests that'll be added in chapter 10 are nothing special (they are lame if true, you might even say they are worse than usual hunts lol).

datalog will include things like:

cosmogony
ravus letters
"reports" with omega (?)
character + world info
monoliths that you need to find in dungeons.

edit: it seems like comrades will also be receiving updates too:

the four bros
the remaining royal sigils
ifrit rematch
chocobo ranch in cape caem

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Pack trophies

(spoilers obviously)

someone also digged more info datamining the benchmark, apparently the quests that'll be added in chapter 10 are nothing special (they are lame if true, you might even say they are worse than usual hunts lol).

datalog will include things like:

cosmogony
ravus letters
"reports" with omega (?)
character + world info
monoliths that you need to find in dungeons.

edit: it seems like comrades will also be receiving updates too:

the four bros
the remaining royal sigils
ifrit rematch
chocobo ranch in cape caem
Interesting, especially about Omega, could we be getting more lore about Solheim, too? I would love that.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
What are the chapter 10 quests anyway? User's info got removed.
its so bad it almost sounds fake

a quest to find lost chocobo chicks in the dungeon
and another to take photos in the same dungeon

they sure aren't trying to improve their quest concent if thats the case, probably the most pointless additions they could have ever thought (it doesnt even match the tone of the chapter).

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Even if that Chocobo thing was real, I would just ignore it, it's just a side quest, I like Chocobos, but I wouldn't do it for Chapter 10. Besides, we already have an expanded Insomnia, so nothing of value was lost to me there in my opinion.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Eh, that sounds pretty menial to be doing that in chapter 10.

What's the source of those Chapter 10 quests?

this one, but the mods deleted all the posts of the leaker.

he said he datamined the benchmark and found the royal pack trophies, names of upcoming quests, and descriptions of some stuff.

i think he's username was SylvaNoxFleuret, he's also on gamefaqs maybe if smn asks the information via PM...

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

this one, but the mods deleted all the posts of the leaker.

he said he datamined the benchmark and found the royal pack trophies, names of upcoming quests, and descriptions of some stuff.

i think he's username was SylvaNoxFleuret, he's also on gamefaqs maybe if smn asks the information via PM...
Ok, but why would stuff in an upcoming update be in a 3gb PC benchmark that was put out a few weeks ago?

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Well it mostly lines up with stuff we know is gonna be in RE and what we've been told would be coming to Comrades soon, so that's fine. It's just that ch10 quest sounds like it'll be underwhelming and like, why even bother doing that for something so small?

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I'd like to believe that the guy didn't datamine everything specifically related to chapter 10, and that theres more to it than that (even the chapter 13 update had more substantial stuff in it).

At least the RE content sounds nice.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
imagine our faces if we found out on the day of the update tho lol

and yeah, the datalog and comrades updates sounds promising, finding lore texts is something i wanted since day one, gives an extra incentive to explore every corner.

but those chapter 10 quests (if at least were story-related) and the fact the boat apparently doesnt have any substantial purpose soured me in a bit, pointless updates is the last thing this game needed; finding baby chocobos while ignis is blind sounds dumb asf

Last edited: