Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
http://www.4gamer.net/games/075/G007535/20180215141/

there's a bit of interesting "lore" about Lucis in the recent 4gamer interview (used google translator):
Interesting to note is that it seems like the Royal packs amount of "story" content seems to be roughly "one chapter of new content". But since there are some chapters like Chapter 13 that can take almost two hours to complete vs. Chapter 11 which takes literally 15 minutes, I don't think that was a good comparison lol. It does looks pretty story heavy so thats exciting.

They also talk about the importance of the journey and traveling and how Insomnia is more Japanese, then to a more American/US type scenery, then to an Italian/Spanish one (Altissia), finally to a more German (Gralea) one. The change in aesthetic is supposed to make the journey feel different (This is why I hope they expand on Accordo and Niflheim in the future to really drive this home).

Edit: More importantly, they do drive home the point again that the DLC in 2018 and 2019 is supposed to be for those that wanted more things addressed and updated via the June Poll and the other survey results they conducted that they showed off at the 1 Year ATR.

For those that are interested, they stated during the ATR that people wanted to know more about Ardyn, Luna, and Noctis, extra scenarios to clear up a more "brute" story and more meaningful quests/sidequest, and more of the world (more specifically, wanted to know more about Niflheim and that country) as well as more of the travel aspect. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7gcscf/one_year_anniversary_atr_translation_thread/.

They specifically also state that "Noctis, his friends, Luna and Ardyn" are the things that people loved most about FFXV" and they plan on making more DLC that makes the player like each of them more (hint hint)

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Also, if people wanna know, OG kept updating that post with the data dump on Reddit.

Royal Edition spoilers
The Glaive that joins your party on one of the side quests in Insomnia is definitely your character from Comrades (if you don't have it it's probably a premade one I guess?)

https://pastebin.com/1b7QGc7K

The dialogue just matches way to perfectly for it to not be the bros recognizing him/her

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Also, if people wanna know, OG kept updating that post with the data dump on Reddit.

Royal Edition spoilers
The Glaive that joins your party on one of the side quests in Insomnia is definitely your character from Comrades (if you don't have it it's probably a premade one I guess?)

The dialogue just matches way to perfectly for it to not be the bros recognizing him
/her
We already have a data-mining thread for that data-dump to go to

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
iends, Luna and Ardyn" are the things that people loved most about FFXV" and they plan on making more DLC that makes the player like each of them more (hint hint)
Translation error.

自分はやはり今後の『FFXV』で重要だと思っているのは、アーデンやルーナ、ノクティスなどのキャラクターたちを、いかにみんなにもっと愛してもらえるのかということです。
What I think is important to FFXV from now is how we can make Ardyn, Luna and Noctis and other characters to be more loved by everyone.
そして、キャラクターをもっと好きになってほしいというのが、自分のなかで一番の願いとしてあります。このキャラクターたちを今も応援してくれる方たちのために、全力でそこに応えたいと思っていますので、よろしくお願いします。
And so, having the characters more loved, to me is my greatest wish. To those people who have supported these characters until now, I want to to do my best to repay the gratitude.

Last edited:

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
黒田:『ロイヤルエディション』ですが、最初から通して遊んでいただけるように、細かいバランス調整を含めて1つの集大成として作っています。
In regards to the Royal Edition, so that players can enjoy and stick through from the start, we are making it (RE) including small balance adjustments as part of the overall update

Sorry, I forgot about the Dengeki Interview. I'll get that done soon.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
黒田:『ロイヤルエディション』ですが、最初から通して遊んでいただけるように、細かいバランス調整を含めて1つの集大成として作っています。
In regards to the Royal Edition, so that players can enjoy and stick through from the start, we are making it including small balance adjustments as part of the overall update

Sorry, I forgot about the Dengeki Interview. I'll get that done soon.
im ok in waiting for the superior translation lol

anyway, what do you think about this bit on the 4gamer interview?
田畑氏:
 一つお断りしておかなければならないのですが,おそらく2018年内だけでは収まらないということです。当初の予定では確かに2018年にと考えていましたが,満足度62.4%にきちんと向き合ってFFXVを終わらせるためには,これくらいのコンテンツが必要だろうとあらためて試算をしたところ,2018年内ということにこだわらず,適正な開発期間の確保が必要だなと。

寺田氏:
 今後のDLCは,「FFXV UNIVERSE」(FFXVやその関連作品群の総称)を完結させることを念頭に置いて開発を進めます。そのため,「追加コンテンツ」ではなく,「追加シリーズ」として打ち出していきます。情報は順次公開していきますので,お待ちください。
with google translator i get the new dlcs are more like an additional series than additional content.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016

Royal Edition spoilers

The dialogue just matches way to perfectly for it to not be the bros recognizing him/her
Strangely, I don't know if anyone remembers...

But I made a joke leak, like a real bad joke leak ages ago, probably a year ago when people spammed posts demanding Insomnia be expanded.

The joke leak went like -

1. Insomnia is expanded, but the city remains in shambles after the invasion.
2. There are NPC's and new quests.
3. Surviving Kingsglaive members are scattered throughout the city.
4. Noctis goes around recruiting Glaive members to revive the Kingsglaive and take back the Kingdom.

Strangely... it kinda worked out.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
im ok in waiting for the superior translation lol

anyway, what do you think about this bit on the 4gamer interview?

with google translator i get the new dlcs are more like an additional series than additional content.
Tabata - One thing I must make clear is that, unfortunately we will not be able to complete it within 2018. We definitely had planned for a 2018 window, but in order to properly end FFXV at the 62.4% satisfaction level, we had re-evaluated that this much content was required and without focusing it within 2018, it was necessary to guarantee a reasonable development time.

Terada - With the DLC from now on, we are continuing development with the focus of bringing the FFXV Universe to a conclusion in our mind. Because of that, it will not be ''additional content'', but will be ''additional series''. We will announce the details in order, so please wait.

I think what he is saying is that the DLC will not be like Episode Gladio or Prompto, or even E.Ignis, where it's simply an addition which doesn't advance anything. So the new DLC will serve a higher meaning, connected to each other with a purpose.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Strangely, I don't know if anyone remembers...

But I made a joke leak, like a real bad joke leak ages ago, probably a year ago when people spammed posts demanding Insomnia be expanded.

The joke leak went like -

1. Insomnia is expanded, but the city remains in shambles after the invasion.
2. There are NPC's and new quests.
3. Surviving Kingsglaive members are scattered throughout the city.
4. Noctis goes around recruiting Glaive members to revive the Kingsglaive and take back the Kingdom.

Strangely... it kinda worked out.
was it really a joke leak? ;p

I think what he is saying is that the DLC will not be like Episode Gladio or Prompto, or even E.Ignis, where it's simply an addition which doesn't advance anything. So the new DLC will serve a higher meaning, connected to each other with a purpose.
yeah that makes sense, thanks.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Tabata - One thing I must make clear is that, unfortunately we will not be able to complete it within 2018. We definitely had planned for a 2018 window, but in order to properly end FFXV at the 62.4% satisfaction level, we had re-evaluated that this much content was required and without focusing it within 2018, it was necessary to guarantee a reasonable development time.

Terada - With the DLC from now on, we are continuing development with the focus of bringing the FFXV Universe to a conclusion in our mind. Because of that, it will not be ''additional content'', but will be ''additional series''. We will announce the details in order, so please wait.

I have a feeling each has a goal in mind, a way to not only deliver a story but to expand on something the game does. Like Episode Ardyn may improve something in the base game's gameplay or world as well. A series with different goals in mind?

Or a series connected story wise (this I doubt)?