Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Storm what do you think about the new dlcs being series instead of individual (in fact, I ask that every user is reading that) I mean, how do you take them being named as series?
I don't think the DLC will exactly be related to each other in a sense, but more so that each one will accomplish something the game needs to feel more "complete".

All 4 may have a clear goal in mind for something they are trying to improve with the main game, whatever they may be. That's what I think he means by series here, not that they are all related and you have to buy all 4 to understand them or something.

For example: I think Ardyn's will have a clear motive to vastly improve the games lore (Solheim, the Six, the beginning of Lucis, and more) and characterization of said lore. Maybe it adds even more to do in the base game regarding this lore on top of having his own story.

Episode Luna could focus on improving the magic system.
Episode "Niflheim" could be improving the game's second continent
Episode "Lucis" could be improving the first half's more bare story.
Episode "Insomnia" could be improving the game's prologue

Obviously the above is just bullshit I'm making up, but regardless of what any DLC may do or have, they could be called a series in that they improve the base game in different ways together, while also providing more "story" content for people pursue.

That is my interpretation of "completing" FFXV anyway.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Storm what do you think about the new dlcs being series instead of individual (in fact, I ask that every user is reading that) I mean, how do you take them being named as series?
hard to tell, its too vague.

being named a series implies a connected story, but will it be outside of the base game or integrated into the base game? i hope that 4chan leak is true lol

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
hard to tell, its too vague.

being named a series implies a connected story, but will it be outside of the base game or integrated into the base game?
The thing is, if they were just connected as a story, I feel like they would have just said it. They keep saying series but always seem to be coy about what that actually means. I'm not so sure its series in a literal sense, but rather something more interactive.

Edit: I also agree with you. That 4Chan leak is honestly great and doesn't seem too unrealistic

Last edited:

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
The more I think of it, the more I doubt a happy ending WOULDN’T take time and resources away from the 4 upcoming DLCs/expansions. If a happy ending means both Noctis and Luna survive, it would mean a complete redo of the game from chapter 9 onwards. Luna doesn’t die, so Noctis and Gladio don’t fight in the next chapter. If Ignis doesn’t go blind in the happy ending, then the entirety of chapter 10 is obsolete, as is every cutscene and scene thereafter where he is blind. With Luna alive, Ravus doesn’t have a motivation for betraying the Empire, so Tenebrae isn’t attacked in retaliation. Noctis doesn’t have his meltdown in the train mourning Luna, there’s no need for the flashbacks in the flower fields, Ravus isn’t killed, Noctis doesn’t have to sacrifice himself so his conversation with Bahamut is unnecessary, and so on, and so forth.

The two other ways I can see this going down are:

Noctis and Luna (and perhaps other characters like Ravus, Jared, Regis, etc.) are REVIVED at the end by means of some mumbo jumbo. But the power of revivification would come completely out of left field given that, until now, it hasn't been part of the in-game lore (at least for humans), and would completely undermine the stakes of the narrative. If you can revive someone, then the story loses all sense of urgency.

Or…

The alternate ending is triggered during chapter 9, basically skipping what’s left of the story (like they did in Episode Ignis) so they don’t have to rework anything... which would be a horrible way to finish the story, basically skipping half of the game (including the entire third act/Tenebrae/Episode Prompto/etc) and finishing the main story at around 10 hours (probably less) or so.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Is so funny the ffxv community, so funny to me in the sense that although we are millions we all are agree about the things we want for the game.

Its curious how clear we see things that we feel are necesary compared to the lack of vision of his own director that he goes with any real direction.

We were all in about getting a real fight against Ravus, even I loved the fight itself in chapter 13 I felt (and every one of you) like it was not the real deal until Ignis episode.
We all felt like Insomnia was severely cut and we all know agree about it being expanded.
Right now we feel like the second half has to be expanded/completed, maybe some of us dont see that as a top priority but every one of us have it in the list of wishes.
I mean I do not know how fans are so clear, decided and "matures" on that and Tabata is talking about more different endings if that shit from episode Ignis wasnt enough.
I feel reliefed right now because watching all they have done to Insomnia Im feeling (despite the last shitty words from Tabata) they are really listen to us.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Didn't Comrades already accomplish this?
Not for the base game. Imagine Luna's DLC adding an Arcana ascension grid or something for the base game along with having its own story integrated somehow.

And I mean totally different magic that actually uses MP. Want Stop/Poison/Protect/Haste/Shell and more? Perfect way to implement it if they decide that Luna will focus on more magic than actual attacks (if she gets an episode).

Edit: It WAS on the June poll too

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Not for the base game. Imagine Luna's DLC adding an Arcana ascension grid or something for the base game along with having its own story integrated somehow.

And I mean totally different magic that actually uses MP. Want Stop/Poison/Protect/Haste/Shell and more? Perfect way to implement it if they decide that Luna will focus on more magic than actual attacks (if she gets an episode).

Edit: It WAS on the June poll too
So Luna as some sort of Time Mage? I can get behind that.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
See I'm reading that new interview too and he says a few more things that spring into mind:

-He has decided to stop releasing DLC with the idea of just filling in gaps of story. The next set of DLC will be released to "Fully Complete" FFXV (This is why I think will continue to affect the gameplay and exploration of the main game. Ex: Episode Prompto vs. An actual expansion in Niflheim)
-Tabata says the Insomnia map is "Decently Sized". Basically he's not overhyping the size, nor is he saying that it is small by any means.
-They wanted to improve the final chapter even more out of the various areas of the game that could have used improvements (to be clear, this was their initial mindset when choosing what to improve on for the royal edition, other sections of the game may be on their mind now that they have the opportunity to keep going)

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I will set the bar really high.
I can't wait to see the four protagonists dressed as the girls of Doki Doki Literature Club.
But probably the next collaboration is with some IP from Blizzard. Since it's the other company more related to PC.
I demand Aranea in a Sarah Kerrigan related outfit :p

I guess it's more that people don' want them to waste time on doing that when there are clearly many things that can be improved upon in the actual story
This.

It’s nice that Tabata is asking for feedback and that is a good quality in and of itself.

However, priorities and firmness of what needs to be done, needs to be adopted as well.

This alternative ending stuff is an insult to the game’s original ending and shouldn’t even be considered if you ask me.

It only waters down the effect of the original ending.

Focus on the actual game and don’t get distracted by the sideline nonsense.

I would be extremely disappointed if they intentionally sidetrack themselves with this alternative drivel.

Lemme leave his here:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5036746/

The main game ending is objectively CANON, which is what Tabata previously said when talking about Episode Ignis' verse 2 ending. It is not getting outright changed through feedback especially when the RE content itself didn't touch it, people are taking this way too out of context.
Expansion on the happy ending itself in Episode Ardyn is still considered a waste of effort if you ask me.

If it was really that unimportant, they would’ve just left it at Episode Ignis.

i hope that 4chan leak is true lol
What 4chan leak?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I demand Aranea in a Sarah Kerrigan related outfit :p

This.

It’s nice that Tabata is asking for feedback and that is a good quality in and of itself.

However, priorities and firmness of what needs to be done, needs to be adopted as well.

This alternative ending stuff is an insult to the game’s original ending and shouldn’t even be considered if you ask me.

It only waters down the effect of the original ending.

Focus on the actual game and don’t get distracted by the sideline nonsense.

I would be extremely disappointed if they intentionally sidetrack themselves with this alternative drivel.

Expansion on the happy ending itself in Episode Ardyn is still considered a waste of effort if you ask me.

What 4chan leak?
This one:

https://i.redd.it/181q0ezlwn101.png

The only thing really going for it is it mentioned the 4 DLC idea before Tabata revealed it last week.

But it has realistic selections:
-Ardyn
-Luna
-Niflheim
-Prologue Insomnia

It has things a lot of people want that "seem" to align with Completing FFXV (at least in my opinion these 4 would be a pretty good job depending on what they cover for each). We dunno Tabata's meaning with that yet, but if I had to assume, it meant actually adding more to the base game (the last 2 would absolutely do that).

I can also see each DLC actually expanding the map of play too. The last 2 would be obvious, but Ardyn's could totally do another part of Niflheim or Lucis not explored yet (there's an entire northern section of the continent uninabited) and Luna's could add more to Accordo, Tenebrae or Lucis, depending on where they make hers take place.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Fair enough, i'm not saying i'm completely on board with the idea but i'm just taking the wait and see approach.

In my mind, when he was talking about "seeing more of that in EP. Ardyn" in regards to verse 2, i believed he may have also meant it on a more similar thematic level.

Since the theme of it was "denial", with Ignis actions revolving around defying fate, it would mirror the implications of Ardyn's actions in his past being very similar. Thus being a probable reason of why verse 2 and EP. Ardyn may share a connection.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
This one:

The only thing really going for it is it mentioned the 4 DLC idea before Tabata revealed it last week.

-Ardyn
-Luna
-Niflheim
-Prologue Insomnia

It has things a lot of people want that "seem" to align with Completing FFXV (at least in my opinion these 4 would be a pretty good job depending on what they cover for each). We dunno Tabata's meaning with that yet, but if I had to assume, it meant actually adding more to the base game (the last 2 would absolutely do that).

I can also see each DLC actually expanding the map of play too. The last 2 would be obvious, but Ardyn's could totally do another part of Niflheim or Lucis not explored yet (there's an entire northern section of the continent uninabited) and Luna's could add more to Accordo, Tenebrae or Lucis, depending on where they make hers take place.
the bit about 2 episodes (ardyn and luna) releasing till the mid of the year tho lol

Feb 19, 2018
Damn I hope Royal Edition/Pack and Windows Edition do well enough to allow them to pour some serious money into the upcoming DLCs. It would honestly be tragic if they fell short of funds and had to cut support short. Seems like Tabata is placing a lot of hope on the upcoming sales to help fund future content especially with that lofty 2 million sales goal for PC. As for the magic system I really just want the current magic to be more flexible and more intuitive. Imo the biggest problem with it right now is being required to go through the menus to equip it and further more only being to cause explosions with it that harm the rest of your party. Then there's the annoying part of having to go back into the menu to re-equip another spell should you run out in the middle of combat. I want an Ascension grid skill that removes the need to drain elemental deposits. Canonically Regis and the Glaives never needed to drain deposits before firing off magic so it can easily be worked into the game without breaking lore (tbh the current magic system was more lore breaking if anything until they add the bit about Noct's potential being hindered). The L2 button is also completely free in combat atm with nothing assigned to it unless a summon prompt comes up or if you press L1 first to bring up the character swap menu so they can easily have a quick menu to select any 3 of the elements come up and have you press circle in conjuction to fire it off. Hell include the ring on that selection wheel as the 4th magical option so it can also stop taking up a weapon slot and be more intuitive to equip. Anyways I don't think magic needs an entire skill grid to fix it. It just needs to be more streamlined and intuitive as well as more versatile in its use. A quick addition to the ascension grid with the self sustained elemental energy and that extra wheel during combat triggered by L2 would solve like 90% of what's wrong with XV's magic. At least that's my 2 cents on that matter.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
the bit about 2 episodes (ardyn and luna) releasing till the mid of the year tho lol
Yeah that's definitely not happening lol. At most, I can see Ardyn's releasing in June or July but I doubt before, let alone a second one lmao. The only thing that each will have going for it is a different director, but the team working on each is likely the same, so this will take quite a bit of time. They are basically making another half of a FF game when all 4 release lmao

Last edited:

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
This one:

-Ardyn
-Luna
-Niflheim
-Prologue Insomnia

If it isn't true, then I hope Tabata and co. actually see it and say: "Hey, forget about wasting resources on an alternate ending, let's focus on those 4 things instead!".

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
If it isn't true, then I hope Tabata and co. actually see it and say: "Hey, forget about wasting resources on an alternate ending, let's focus on those 4 things instead!".
I think EVERYONE is taking what Tabata said a little too harshly.

I have no doubt in my mind that each one will be meant for completing the actual story and world of the game. I highly doubt he goes to repeatedly say "i want to use these next 4 DLC to fully complete FFXV" in every recent interview just to focus on Alternate endings lol. It's important to remember that.