Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'll be doing all I can to tide me over, even KH3, and Comrades, and even runnign around the Insomnia Ruins if I have to. I have a decent amount of patience for things, I'm here excited that Episode: Ardyn takes place is taking place 2,000 years ago, and that Episode: Aranea is happening, and telling of the Niflheim empire's fall, those two Episodes are what I'm looking forward to the most, I will get Lunefreya's Episode, only to see what will happen, as I'm open to more content for her, as for Episode: Noctis, that's debate-table, as that's an alternate ending thing, but we'll see.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
Rewatching the panel, it is clear all the DLC episodes are geared towards the "alternate happy ending". Before they go into detail about them, there's a slide that states "The concept for the new DLC episodes is to realize a future everyone longed for". Episodes. Plural. So it's not only the 4th one.

Mystugan

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
Rewatching the panel, it is clear all the DLC episodes are geared towards the "alternate happy ending". Before they go into detail about them, there's a slide that states "The concept for the new DLC episodes is to realize a future everyone longed for". Episodes. Plural. So it's not only the 4th one.
If that's the case i hope they handle it like Ep. Ignis, where we have a canon ending and an alternative ending.

Edit:
For Ep Noctis, like i said before i don't mind a complete alternative story for that Ep, and i would like to see Noctis living the Insomnia Invasion.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
I feel so represented by the audience at the panel though.

Happy ending picture is shown. No one claps.
Episode Ardyn is announced. Everyone cheers.
Episode Aranea is announced. Everyone cheers.
Episode Luna is announced. Everyone cheers.
They ask who the audience want to see? People shout "Regis". No one mentions "alternate ending".
Alternate ending episode is announced. Silence. Someone lets out a disappointing "oh".

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
thinking about it, i think Ep Noctis will be about him trying to save Luna and Ardyn from their fate; especially after learning about Ardyn's past, i think he'll feel the need to save him from his "darkness" without killing him; maybe he'll destroy the crystal? lol

I'm really worried about them expanding the 2nd continent... it might not happen. RIP my dream of running around Cartanica :(
modders will... maybe lol

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
thinking about it, i think Ep Noctis will be about him trying to save Luna and Ardyn from their fate; especially after learning about Ardyn's past, i think he'll feel the need to save him from his "darkness"

modders will... maybe lol
That could be the basis of Episode: Noctis, but we'll see, I know earlier I said happy endings are overrated, but I am curious about this, especially seeing that image, and I really feel bad for Ardyn, depending on how they handle them, it might not be so bad, as long as the endings are treated similarly like how Episode: Ignis did, by having a canon ending that ties into the main game, and an alternate ending you can unlock after beating the canon ending.

Feb 19, 2018
I'm honestly fine with the alternate endings as long as they keep them as just that, alternate endings. I'm kinda happy that they're expanding upon that concept more though as it would've been a bit half-assed to leave it at "yeah Omen is a thing but we're not gonna touch upon that in any substantial way" or "Yeah happy Noct ending that we're not gonna do any explaining about." I'm thinking that at least Luna's DLC will be an extension of Episode Ignis to a degree with her pulling something off in the spirit world that allows Noctis to live there. Though I think the way they'll handle it is that they'll make the main path of that DLC tie in with the main game where nothing changes and the best she can do is rush to help with the 5 astral summon while the alternate one ties in with Verse 2 where he gets to live if they wanna make Episode Luna canon to any degree.

As for Ardyn I didn't see anything about an alternate ending (maybe he has one where everything ends in ruins) so his DLC seems to be strictly canon as far as I can tell. Episode Aranea seems to be FFXV from the Niff's perspective so it's also entirely canon and is probably gonna serve as our window into exploring gralea, tennebrae, and pretty much all the latter half areas that were severely watered down or straight up cut. Episode Noctis seems like it's entirely its own self contained timeline though and it seems to be implied that everyone survives due to Noctis handling things differently in key moments (I know not everyone likes him but this kinda ties into FF Peasant's theory about a stitch in time by Regis that replays everything until Noct does things right and saves everyone).

I'm also thinking this is their answer to the criticism that Ardyn wasn't as interesting of a fight compared to everything that came before so I'm fully expecting a balls to walls crazy fight fully utilizing everything the game has to offer that'll put even Verse 2 Iggy to shame. Overall though I'll be ok with all this alternate timeline stuff if Episode Ardyn, Episode Luna, and Episode Aranea can tie up all the loose ends by the time Episode Noctis happens. If I can get a fully fleshed out version of the main timeline before the final Episode ultimately just goes in a completely different direction with no canon story at all I'll be fine with it. If not then well shit, FFXV's story may permanently be doomed to be incomplete as hell.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm honestly fine with the alternate endings as long as they keep them as just that, alternate endings. I'm kinda happy that they're expanding upon that concept more though as it would've been a bit half-assed to leave it at "yeah Omen is a thing but we're not gonna touch upon that in any substantial way" or "Yeah happy Noct ending that we're not gonna do any explaining about." I'm thinking that at least Luna's DLC will be an extension of Episode Ignis to a degree with her pulling something off in the spirit world that allows Noctis to live there. Though I think the way they'll handle it is that they'll make the main path of that DLC tie in with the main game where nothing changes and the best she can do is rush to help with the 5 astral summon while the alternate one ties in with Verse 2 where he gets to live if they wanna make Episode Luna canon to any degree.

As for Ardyn I didn't see anything about an alternate ending (maybe he has one where everything ends in ruins) so his DLC seems to be strictly canon as far as I can tell. Episode Aranea seems to be FFXV from the Niff's perspective so it's also entirely canon and is probably gonna serve as our window into exploring gralea, tennebrae, and pretty much all the latter half areas that were severely watered down or straight up cut. Episode Noctis seems like it's entirely its own self contained timeline though and it seems to be implied that everyone survives due to Noctis handling things differently in key moments (I know not everyone likes him but this kinda ties into FF Peasant's theory about a stitch in time by Regis that replays everything until Noct does things right and saves everyone).

I'm also thinking this is their answer to the criticism that Ardyn wasn't as interesting of a fight compared to everything that came before so I'm fully expecting a balls to walls crazy fight fully utilizing everything the game has to offer that'll put even Verse 2 Iggy to shame. Overall though I'll be ok with all this alternate timeline stuff if Episode Ardyn, Episode Luna, and Episode Aranea can tie up all the loose ends by the time Episode Noctis happens. If I can get a fully fleshed out version of the main timeline before the final Episode ultimately just goes in a completely different direction with no canon story at all I'll be fine with it. If not then well shit, FFXV's may permanently be doomed to be incomplete as hell.
We'll see what happens, it's going to be quite the ride, but at the end of the day, I'm proud to have played FFXV, flaws and all, and I shall see it through to the end of this game's journey with a bang.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
thinking about it, i think Ep Noctis will be about him trying to save Luna and Ardyn from their fate; especially after learning about Ardyn's past, i think he'll feel the need to save him from his "darkness" without killing him; maybe he'll destroy the crystal?
Would be cool to maybe see some time travel with Umbra? Maybe.
(I just hope these alternate routes not generic anime nonesense that breaks the game's continuity like that one in Ep Ignis did)

Feb 19, 2018
We'll see what happens, it's going to be quite the ride, but at the end of the day, I'm proud to have played FFXV, flaws and all, and I shall see it through to the end of this game's journey with a bang.
Same, stayed with this project for 10 years of development hell and so far a year and a half of post launch support. At this point I'm obligated by my investment of time to stick it out to the end. lol
I wonder why they are so incessent on these alternate endings? It is quite odd.
To be honest the alternate timelines thing was already there from the start since the debut of Omen, it's not a concept that was recently crammed in so I feel like they had to expand on it to some degree.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Same, stayed with this project for 10 years of development hell and so far a year and a half of post launch support. At this point I'm obligated by my investment of time to stick it out to the end. lol

To be honest the alternate timelines thing was already there from the start since the debut of Omen, it's not a concept that was recently crammed in so I feel like they had to expand on it to some degree.
Yeah, even though technically I got interested in FFXV after seeing the 2011 Versus XIII trailer back in 2011 or 2012, but still, I'm here to the end.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Moreover, I see people are getting angry about the "happy ending". However, Square isn't just collecting feedback from one source. There could very well be a vocal group asking for a happier end. Possibly in Japan since I mostly see Westerners asking for main game expansions a la The Witcher.