Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
To be honest the alternate timelines thing was already there from the start since the debut of Omen, it's not a concept that was recently crammed in so I feel like they had to expand on it to some degree.
But game itself never suggest or focus on possible alternative timelines outside of less than 10 seconds shoe horn in CG cutscene.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
What I thought when I read about the DLC episodes and saw the artwork XV's Twitter channel posted...

"Hang on a second, is it me or are these humans defying divine will?" I'll seriously enjoy seeing where they take this, and how (if at all) Luna can be restored to life. It'll b a very cheap happy ending if that happens, but I'm still intrigued.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Well, can't say I'm surprised, but I can't say I'm partially disappointed either lol.

But let's go through this:

Ardyn: Fucking awesome, perfect, exactly what it needs to be. Hopefully it takes place in some new locations in the past.

Aranea: I had a feeling they'd avoid changing the main canon of how the bros travel through Niflheim, but seeing it through Araneas eyes may be even better. Not sure how many locations we'll see, but hopefully she's present at LEAST for the Tenebrae Invasion and something in Gralea. More stoked for this "Side story" over the rest tbh.

Luna: VERY intrigued, but cautious about her story being post death. I guess it will explain where the fuck people go after they die? It may actually clarify the ending that much more. Hopefully some part of it has to do with before her death because GOD they can do so much there but I digress.

Noctis: ....tbh, I'm not sure what they are trying to do here, BUT it has potential if done right. That's all I can say here. I really hope that while it is an alternate take on some portion of the story, it is done in line with the main canon of the story. Maybe they'll actually play on the fact that Umbra can travel back in time? Being an alternate, epic, happy ending doesn't make it worse, I just don't want it to detract from the improved ending we do have.

I think this is why Ardyn, Luna, and Noctis are named 1,2, and 3 while Aranea is a side story. Aranea will be part of the main games initial story, effectively expanding the second half (That's my guess), while Ardyn and Luna will be 100% canon to the main story too, BUT will somehow allow Noctis to save both of them.

The above is honestly the only way I'd be happy with Episode Noctis. The other 3 are great, and I am definitely excited, but they have to justify why Noctis's DLC is even necessary. Like why is that going to "Complete FFXV"?

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
it seems Ep Luna might be heavily "alternative"

it reads like its about her trying to cancel Noctis fate

Tbh, I don't think Ardyn's and Luna's will be "alternative" in the Episode Ignis sense, but will somehow lead to Noctis being able to change his and their fate in his episode? Maybe the crystal is the actual true enemy?

I definitely think all of the DLC will be part of the main game, but requirements will dictate how Noctis can change the future? That is how I would want this, not empty, separate alternate DLC. That's what I hope anyway.

Feb 18, 2018
First two DLCs sound like they'll be canon to me and are probably the ones i'm most excited for.

Ardyn's past & his clash with the gods? Hell yeah.

Play Aranea and learn what happened with the Scarscourge from Niflheim's PoV? I'm in.

Don't know how I feel about the alternate endings tho, even tho they mentionned during the panel that they "want to give us a choice, like with Episode Ignis" So I don't know if Ep Luna & Ep Noctis will be completely alternative, or if we'll have different endings, it's still kinda vague.

Episode Luna's synopsis definitely sounds alternative though

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
First two DLCs sound like they'll be canon to me and are probably the ones i'm most excited for.

Ardyn's past & his clash with the gods? Hell yeah.

Play Aranea and learn what happened with the Scarscourge from Niflheim's PoV? I'm in.

Don't know how I feel about the alternate endings tho, even tho they mentionned during the panel that they "want to give us a choice, like with Episode Ignis" So I don't know if Ep Luna & Ep Noctis will be completely alternative, or if we'll have different endings, it's still kinda vague.

Episode Luna's synopsis definitely sounds alternative though
I'm excited for Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes the most, as they have stories I want fleshed out and delved into (Ardyn's past 2,000 years ago, and Nilflheim empire's fall), the other two intrigue me. I do feel a little bad for Ravus not getting an Episode, but you know what? I'm fine with it.

Feb 19, 2018

See it's still phrased really weirdly though on one hand it's saying you'll see Luna's fate which not even death can free her from then on the other hand it says she battles to overturn Noct's destiny. That's why I'm thinking it'll be a more fleshed out version of the structure that Episode Ignis followed. Where you can have the normal canon version of her quest then when you get the choice you can have the Verse 2 version. Anyways like someone said earlier in this thread I'm definitely getting a "defy the gods" theme from this second wave of DLC overall with Ardyn's DLC description flat out telling us we'll see his clashes with the gods, Luna's gonna have the opportunity to change Noctis' fate somehow in her DLC, and lastly Noctis straight up walks away from the Astrals and presumably the Crystal as well in the description for his episode. Also thinking about it now I'm actually kinda excited to see if they have any plans to tweak Noctis' base gameplay going into his DLC and if that'll reflect on the main game in anyway like improved magic or something.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
See it's still phrased really weirdly though on one hand it's saying you'll see Luna's fate which not even death can free her from then on the other hand it says she battles to overturn Noct's destiny. That's why I'm thinking it'll be a more fleshed out version of the structure that Episode Ignis followed. Where you can have the normal canon version of her quest then when you get the choice you can have the Verse 2 version. Anyways like someone said earlier in this thread I'm definitely getting a "defy the gods" theme from this second wave of DLC overall with Ardyn's DLC description flat out telling us we'll see his clashes with the gods, Luna's gonna have the opportunity to change Noctis' fate somehow in her DLC, and lastly Noctis straight up walks away from the Astrals and presumably the Crystal as well in the description for his episode. Also thinking about it now I'm actually kinda excited to see if they have any plans to tweak Noctis' base gameplay going into his DLC and if that'll reflect on the main game in anyway like improved magic or something.
this will be the "FFXIII" alternative ending, defy destiny, gotta make the impossible possible lol

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I am definitely excited, but they have to justify why Noctis's DLC is even necessary
My only expectation is cutscenes of pre invasion Insomnia and maybe childhood portions from the platinum demo. Otherwise everything points to this being a waste.

anyway it seems they're going to stop with the free updates?
I don't think so, that would be odd.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017

Hopefully not, but alas, it sounds like it. Luna barely gets a presence in the game and when they decide to give her more screentime after fan demand it's only after her death AND via an alternate timeline and not the canon storyline AND yet again her motivations seems to revolve around Noctis. I REALLY want to be proven wrong, but that description doesn't bode that well.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

This I'm really hoping. I'm even hoping Noctis's also can follow the main games structure too.

Feb 19, 2018
How are you guys planning to bear the wait?
I've got other games like God of War, Spider-Man, and a few others coming out so those will keep me busy along with the comrades updates. Comrades is interesting to see what happened in the 10 years with the story missions if nothing else so I'm pretty set until 2019.