Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ToastyRamen

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 26, 2018
Well, if there's one thing to take from all of this is that supposedly Square Enix is paying careful attention to fan input, so if people are skeptical about Square's choices for these DLC I suggest we don't stay quiet until they release them, like some people have suggested, and actually be vocal about our opinions. The DLC are still 9 months away so they must still be in early development stages and subject to change. If we don't want these DLC to focus so much on an alternate ending we must try our best to let them know. If we want more content for Luna in the MAIN storyline, we can still campaign for it. If we really want pre-invasion Insomnia, we can still ask for it, who knows, perhaps they will include it eventually. As long as the expansions are profitable for Square Enix, they have nothing to lose. The worst we can do is keep quiet and let the discussions die out.
Thing is there is a vocal crowd that prefers a happy ending like it or not

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Well, if there's one thing to take from all of this is that supposedly Square Enix is paying careful attention to fan input, so if people are skeptical about Square's choices for these DLC I suggest we don't stay quiet until they release them, like some people have suggested, and actually be vocal about our opinions. The DLC are still 9 months away so they must still be in early development stages and subject to change. If we don't want these DLC to focus so much on an alternate ending we must try our best to let them know. If we want more content for Luna in the MAIN storyline, we can still campaign for it. If we really want pre-invasion Insomnia, we can still ask for it, who knows, perhaps they will include it eventually. As long as the expansions are profitable for Square Enix, they have nothing to lose. The worst we can do is keep quiet and let the discussions die out.
To be fair, what people wanted for the future DLC has always been an active and hot discussion around the web.

From the marketing angle of the upcoming DLC, with the tagline being "a future everyone wanted", it's safe to say that they're putting alternaive endings at the forefront of the episodes.

I think their minds are made up at this point.

It seems like everything from this point onwards will be in separately accessed episodes out of the main game, focusing on stuff people didn't demand to begin with.

Seriously, there was so much talk about prequel Insomnia and Cartanica. I'm not even sure they were paying attention to what fans really wanted judging by the end result.

At this point in time, with what was announced, I find it hard for them to fit these in at all.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I hope we start having interviews that clarifies things.
Because with what it's been anounced it seem's like 2018 is going to be the year of multiplayer and mods. Having to wait for a re-release of the game with new content that may not have the main story improvement that we wanted.

One thing i can imagine it's having a hard mode patch when the dlcs come so we can replay the game.

Something cool i could like about the alternate ending is about rebeling against fate and losing. Like in one of Mass Effect 3 endings.

Learning about Ardyn's past from the hand of Bahamut, give us the choice of Noctis siding against the astrals and the Cristal, using Umbra to change the past.

Noctis goes to Insomnia before the invasion, with the intention of getting what we can see in the image of everyone happy ever after.
But he can't save Regis and sees him die(like in the picture of one of the Artbooks), then tries to save Luna but he' s manipulated by the cristal so he kills her (so she can still fullfil her role as Oracle) in the same way Ardyn used his magic to trick him( the scene could look like it did in the Omen Trailer).

This makes Noctis go crazy and hatefull, so he allies with Ardyn and absorbs all the starcouge within himself making him inmortal and freeing his enemy from his life.
This way we end up with Noctis in his Versus XIII costume living the Citadel during World at Ruin as Ardyn did, waiting for the next chosen by the Cristal to come. Ending with the first trailer of Versus XIII, where he's attacked by the imperial forces and after that his three bros, Ravus and Cor supported by Lunas ghost come to finish the life of the once ment to be king of light.
Having the option of killing them with Noct or play as them to finish off the protagonist and Ravus sacrificing himself to end Noctis at afterlife.

This way the best posible ending it's still the main one, with the new one having the same results (post apocaliptic world with same survivors) but with Noctis as a villain. Another ending where Noctis destroys the Cristal and everything turns a Dark Souls fucked up world.
And finally justifying Episode Ignis with Ravus being the one who sacrificed to defeated Ardyn and justified Noctis survival.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
although i don't necessarily want a playable invasion (i would rather have something focused on regis and noctis injury, or maybe something in the lines of the novel Parting Ways), i totally agree with you that we should be vocal since they listened plenty of times already.

Seriously, there was so much talk about prequel Insomnia and Cartanica. I'm not even sure they were paying attention to what fans really wanted judging by the end result.
really curious to know how many asked for more alternate endings, but oh well...

ToastyRamen

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 26, 2018
although i don't necessarily want a playable invasion (i would rather have something focused on regis and noctis injury, or maybe something in the lines of the novel Parting Ways), i totally agree with you that we should be vocal since they listened plenty of times already.

really curious to know how many asked for more alternate endings, but oh well...
Think there is quite a bit or else they would not do it

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Think there is quite a bit or else they would not do it
while i've seen some ppl requesting alternate endings because they liked Ep Ignis verse 2, its not nearly (like not even close) to the number of fans that have been requesting stuff like cartanica, insomnia prologue or more scenes with regis since the release of the game.

ToastyRamen

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 26, 2018
while i've seen some ppl requesting alternate endings because they liked Ep Ignis verse 2, its not nearly (like not even close) to the number of fans that have been requesting stuff like cartanica, insomnia prologue or more scenes with regis since the release of the game.
There is a strong vocal against but I am thinking Japan perhaps?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I've seen a lot of "Omgg the main ending is sooo sad but this new ending in episode Ignis is exactly what I wanted! Everyone is so happy and alive. I'm so relieved! I hate the main ending. This new ending is canon for me now"

It appears a large number of the population aren't mentally equipped to comprehend, or understand, that not everything has a happy ending.

Prepare for this type of thinking to increase x100 once the new alternative stuff hits.

The main ending will be a thing of the past and disregarded for the most part.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
There is a strong vocal against but I am thinking Japan perhaps?
maybe but i don't think they would decide what type of dlc to make based entirely on them

The main ending will be a thing of the past and disregarded for the most part.
we know the fake ending will be "a second choice at best"

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I agree that the Ardyn and Aranea DLC will be canon.

Luna and Noctis seem wholly unnecessary thus far, especially when there stuff fans were obviously excited about, like new areas, Insomnia prequel, and even Cartanica.

For episode Luna... it's a post death non canon scenario from the sounds of things. This does not strike me as necessary at all...

Knowing that they're working on something that like is aggravating and just makes me shake my head.

I'm travelling right now and will be occupied with sightseeing for the next couple of months, so I'll be distracted from all of this, but still, it kinda sucks man. A lot.
Her episode can entirely be canon. Hers and Ardyn's will apparently lead into Noctis's thematically (we've heard this in interviews repeatedly before the DLC was made public that they all have a thematic connection. My money is on "changing the future"). However, I think they will all be done canonically. Meaning, Noctis will know his fate and what will become of him, but through Ardyn and Luna's story, he can better achieve this.

I'm not entirely sure how it will work, but I hope this is part of that new method of DLC delivery they are mentioning

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
If Noctis and co. manage to stop the starscourge AND save people who were originally going to die in this new ending, there is absolutely no way people AREN'T going to start calling the original ending "the bad ending".
It's a long shot, but I'd actually really hope that since it's called "The Final Strike", it's not about changing the ending entirely, but actually having the ability to see beyond the original ending we already have.

It sucks because the ending we have now is so powerful and honestly one of the best fucking endings I've seen in a video game. I really hope that "changing the future" has to do with adding some countermeasure after Noctis dies and add an even more epic ending on top of that where they survive or come back.

To me that is the only way this can work without completely undermining the actual climax. Like what, are they going to still have the Cerberus and Kings of Yore fights? Is Ardyn still going to have a big fight?
I'd rather them extend the ending with an alternate take on what happens rather than something different entirely if I'm being clear:/

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
It's a long shot, but I'd actually really hope that since it's called "The Final Strike", it's not about changing the ending entirely, but actually having the ability to see beyond the original ending we already have.

It sucks because the ending we have now is so powerful and honestly one of the best fucking endings I've seen in a video game. I really hope that "changing the future" has to do with adding some countermeasure after Noctis dies and add an even more epic ending on top of that where they survive or come back.

To me that is the only way this can work without completely undermining the actual climax. Like what, are they going to still have the Cerberus and Kings of Yore fights? Is Ardyn still going to have a big fight?
I'd rather them extend the ending with an alternate take on what happens rather than something different entirely if I'm being clear:/
The best way to do alternate endings is to have pros and cons to each one, so neither overshadows the other one or sticks out as the obvious "better choice". For example:

Ending 1: The starscourge is stopped but Noctis and Luna die.
Ending 2: Everyone lives but Noctis and Luna for some reason lose the memories they have of each other (or something like that).

But nooooo, Square Enix decided to go with the extremely happy ending where the characters accomplish everything they did in the original ending and more.