Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Hey everyone/
I've made some music swaps for the PC version so if you guys are interested in freshing up the experience, feel free to check it out (please back up your initial folders though) https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy15/mods/40

Video with the samples here:
i was about to post this

anyway, all great swaps except somnus playing at camp and maybe the music in lestallum

i really think some amazing tracks are underused in the game in favor of weaker tracks, classic example is the music in altissia.

Last edited:

ToastyRamen

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 26, 2018
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/06/sqaure-enix-4-dlc-eps-final-fantasy-xv/

here it states Ep Luna will be about saving her as well as Noctis (which makes sense giving the promotional art of all of them together)

"The third episode is Episode Lunafreya, working title The Choice of Freedom — which will save Luna from death. This also overturns the destiny dealt to the king of Lucis, which means this is a Noctis-lives universe."

that's why the tentative title is Choice of Freedom i guess, its about her choice to be free from her duties?

i don't know, it sounds totally alternative.

edit:

"Mitsuno did almost tease the idea of even more DLC based on fan feedback" lol

im just here thinking, from all the things they could and have been requested, how they came up with idea of focusing on alternate scenarios lol and why they would want to change the perception of the players about the ending (the new one being the last and the happiest one), which was basically perfect?
Not everyone wants the same thing, There are other gamers out there that are thrilled with having alternate scenarios.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Not everyone wants the same thing, There are other gamers out there that are thrill with having an alternate scenarios
and there are many more gamers that were thrill for other things to be featured in dlcs, things that people wanted to see since the release of the game.

its literally something that nobody asked for in favor of relevant and canon story.

i can understand for example the aranea's dlc because a lot of people asked for an episode with her / to control her, but that's not the same thing for the alternate focus, 99% didn't even think about it in the first place, it feels random lol

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
how the fuck luna walks in those
I've always had an extremely low opinion of high heels. That only reinforces it.

On a side note... @Ikkin, @Paperchampion23 and @CloudBuster; I don't think XV's theme of the characters finding triumph through following rather than rejecting divine will need be thrown out the window with the alternate DLCs.

My theory just needs people to remember two things; the Astrals probably didn't appear ex nihilo (across all versions of Shiva's tale they were sworn or charged with protecting Eos from any threat, hinting at some other will directing them), and the Crystal was created by Eos itself rather than the Astrals. At this point, we should remember one of the classic themes of Final Fantasy; the duality of light and dark, with many of the earliest games

Let's suppose that Eos itself has a will and sentience above even the Astrals. The team may have ended up creating a whole new character which would act as Eos's representative, communing with the characters and acting as a means for players to choose the canon or alt content. If it was sufficiently influenced (if Ardyn, Luna and Noctis chose hypothetical "off-script" paths when offered the choice), it may create a new path which would allow them to fulfill divine will without tragedy. Just a different divine will, the will of the planet itself. Say, for argument's sake, that the Starscourge could be banished from Eos by being permanently contained in another vessel, but not a living thing. Say a Crystal of Darkness, acting like a magical black hole from which no Starscourge could escape.

In my ideal vision of this theory, there would still be a tragic element. Ardyn at least might have to remain as some kind of immortal guardian of this Crystal of Darkness, forever separated from humanity and tied to the darkness the Astrals condemned him for. And Noctis's family would still be tied to protecting the original Crystal, which would act as a counterweight to the new Crystal. Yeah, it all sounds pretty flimsy. But it'd sort of work without completely undermining the canon version's themes.

Please remember that this is wild speculation. We'll only know anything for certain when the DLC episodes release.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
so how hilarious would it be if Luna's daughter was called Stella

anyway, still not sure if they're going to keep updating the main game, no mention of free updates in the roadmap, and so far nothing of april's update; maybe they just intended to update the main game till PC release (with the exception of collab events and future dlc unlockables)

edit:

from steam

rip my eyes

Last edited:

ToastyRamen

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 26, 2018

anyway, still not sure if they're going to keep updating the main game, no mention of free updates in the roadmap, and so far nothing of april's update; maybe they just intended to update the main game till PC release (with the exception of collab events and future dlc unlockables)

edit:

from steam

rip my eyes
Can you imagine the backlash if that would to happen if Luna's daughter is named Stella?

Get the popcorns ready!

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Don't mean to be confrontational, but how exactly is an entire series with the main theme of creating an alternate ending "DLC that's closely linked to the main game" ?

That's doing the exact opposite if the alternate ending finale is their tagline...
I'm going by whats been factually stated, the only answer i have to this is that either they poorly marketed the upcoming DLC and that they're witholding further infomation on canon & alternate content, or that things may have changed a bit during the roadmap delay.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm going by whats been factually stated, the only answer i have to this is that either they poorly marketed the upcoming DLC and that they're witholding further infomation on canon & alternate content, or that things may have changed a bit during the roadmap delay.
I think they are withholding information, perhaps we could wait for an interview or E3 for more information.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

edit:

from steam

rip my eyes
I'll give em 1-2 months. If we get nothing then its safe to say its done.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I'll give em 1-2 months. If we get nothing then its safe to say its done.
I'd give them until early May, if no free update until then... I guess they're done. I would be more upset about free monthly updates ending than this alternate reality plot twist with the DLC.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I'd give them until early May, if no free update until then... I guess they're done. I would be more upset about free monthly updates ending than this alternate reality plot twist with the DLC.
thinking about it, the collabs events already imply updates, the question is if they'll include more than "many bug fixes" in them xD

anyway, a hard mode is a must

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Yeah, let them call their kids Stella and Noctis Jr that would make great for another 20 dlc or versus xv using versus xiii story line but with brother and sister..!
I have both fear that they might come with something like this and curiosity xD

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I still think they'll add Aranea playable viacharacter swap regardless if its wasn't explicite in the new roadmap.
Perhaps when Episode: Aranea comes out, they could put her in the Character Swap every time she joins our party. What I mainly want from free updates are bug fixes, perhaps a Hard Mode, more weapons if possible, and more lore on Solheim, but that's debate-table, even though there's plenty of it so far. Most of my main priorities for the story of this game on the gaps I wanted filled and delved into were filled/are being filled through Updates/DLCs so far, with a following list.:

Ifrit's Betrayal (Chapter 12 1.16 Update.)

Solheim (Glimpse of Solheim in Chapter 12, and Royal Pack DLC added Omega, a Magitek Armor made by Solheim, as well as adding more lore about Solheim for the Data-Log.)

Revamped Final Battle/Revamped Chapter 14 (Royal Pack DLC.)

Chapter 9's Altissia Invasion (Episode: Ignis.)

World of Ruin (Comrades)

Seeing more of Ravus (Chapter 13 Verse Two and Episode: Ignis.)

Ardyn's Past 2,000 Years Ago (Episode: Ardyn.)

The Fall of The Niflheim Empire (Episode: Aranea.)

Seeing More Of Aranea (Episode: Aranea.)

I know I said the second half was where the game's story fell apart for me, but thanks to the additions they've added in regards to the subjects I have put up above, which I see vital to the story, I'm going to say that the story may end up being complete for me depending on how Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes go, even if we don't get an expanded Cartanica, which I am sad about, but I am willing to see past it as long as Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes are great or decent, and it's been a long road for FFXV, and I am looking forward to it's conclusion.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I've always had an extremely low opinion of high heels. That only reinforces it.

On a side note... @Ikkin, @Paperchampion23 and @CloudBuster; I don't think XV's theme of the characters finding triumph through following rather than rejecting divine will need be thrown out the window with the alternate DLCs.

My theory just needs people to remember two things; the Astrals probably didn't appear ex nihilo (across all versions of Shiva's tale they were sworn or charged with protecting Eos from any threat, hinting at some other will directing them), and the Crystal was created by Eos itself rather than the Astrals. At this point, we should remember one of the classic themes of Final Fantasy; the duality of light and dark, with many of the earliest games

Let's suppose that Eos itself has a will and sentience above even the Astrals. The team may have ended up creating a whole new character which would act as Eos's representative, communing with the characters and acting as a means for players to choose the canon or alt content. If it was sufficiently influenced (if Ardyn, Luna and Noctis chose hypothetical "off-script" paths when offered the choice), it may create a new path which would allow them to fulfill divine will without tragedy. Just a different divine will, the will of the planet itself. Say, for argument's sake, that the Starscourge could be banished from Eos by being permanently contained in another vessel, but not a living thing. Say a Crystal of Darkness, acting like a magical black hole from which no Starscourge could escape.

In my ideal vision of this theory, there would still be a tragic element. Ardyn at least might have to remain as some kind of immortal guardian of this Crystal of Darkness, forever separated from humanity and tied to the darkness the Astrals condemned him for. And Noctis's family would still be tied to protecting the original Crystal, which would act as a counterweight to the new Crystal. Yeah, it all sounds pretty flimsy. But it'd sort of work without completely undermining the canon version's themes.

Please remember that this is wild speculation. We'll only know anything for certain when the DLC episodes release.
That would be just as unsatisfying as just making enemies of the Astrals... mostly because it just feels like cheating.

I honestly think that the best thing they can do if they're insistent on creating a "defy the gods" ending would be to reframe the current ending as better than the everyone-lives ending depending on one's perspective. Make Noct and Luna choose between post-death immortality and mortal life in a world that no longer contains the possibility of an afterlife. That way, at least we'd get a good debate out of preferred ending choice instead of it turning into the obvious battle between complaints about retcons vs. crowing about unsupported assumptions being "proven right." >_>;