Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
View attachment 976
The DLC I think FFXV would have benefited from the most (that we never got). Alas! :(
This is soooo good! It's exactly what the game needs for it to stop feeling disjointed/incomplete. Unfortunately, I've learned that if an idea is too good for the game, Square Enix probably won't go that route! If only!

dawn

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
from the interview with Famitsu:
  • Tabata believes the current active players are no longer looking for any holes that need to be filled for the main volume, but as a creator he feels that Final Fantasy XV can’t be completed as it is now. He is thinking of a new kind of development that will see its episodes delivered differently from the ones we’ve already seen.
are sure tabby? now I know why we will get alternative path for all episodes -_-

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
This is soooo good! It's exactly what the game needs for it to stop feeling disjointed/incomplete. Unfortunately, I've learned that if an idea is too good for the game, Square Enix probably won't go that route! If only!
Funny you should say that, while they were working on the Royal Edition/Pack, they were looking at what to expand on, even the areas the train stopped at, but chose Insomnia Ruins to reward Comrades players, and I'm fine with the expanded Insomnia Ruins map, it looks more appealing to explore in my opinion.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
  • Tabata believes the current active players are no longer looking for any holes that need to be filled for the main volume, but as a creator he feels that Final Fantasy XV can’t be completed as it is now. He is thinking of a new kind of development that will see its episodes delivered differently from the ones we’ve already seen.
are sure tabby? now I know why we will get alternative path for all episodes -_-
I have a lot of respect and admiration for this man, but there's times where it seem's he lives in in a bubble and he will never deliver a good story.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
In all honesty, I can understand their perspective to not do an Episode Regis, Insomnia Prologue, or opting out to do Aranea over Nyx as the new DLC. Those 3 things (Regis/Nyx/Insomnia) are Kingsglaive, so spending resources realizing them in the game would be redundant. What I don't understand are these two things:

>Why won't they open up the latter half of the game a bit more? This was a complaint ever since critics got their reviews out before even the game launched. It's probably the #2 biggest complaint after Ch13...

>The second thing I don't understand is why they don't get 30minutes of relevant Kingsglaive footage and cleverly edit them into the game as cutscenes (the movie's world lore intro, signing ceremony, kingsglaive betrayal, how Luna got the ring, who that 4th guy hanging from the cieling at the end of the game is, how Ravus got the mech arm&last royal arm, and Regis' fate - are all very important details)

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
Don't put words in our mouths, Tabata -_-

I have a lot of respect and admiration for this man, but there's times where it seem's he lives in in a bubble and he will never deliver a good story.
As well-intended as he may be, I just don't think he is a particularly competent storyteller.

TheLittleOnionKnight

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 28, 2018
In all honesty, I can understand their perspective to not do an Episode Regis, Insomnia Prologue, or opting out to do Aranea over Nyx as the new DLC. Those 3 things (Regis/Nyx/Insomnia) are Kingsglaive, so spending resources realizing them in the game would be redundant. What I don't understand are these two things:

>Why won't they open up the latter half of the game a bit more? This was a complaint ever since critics got their reviews out before even the game launched. It's probably the #2 biggest complaint after Ch13...

>The second thing I don't understand is why they don't get 30minutes of relevant Kingsglaive footage and cleverly edit them into the game as cutscenes (the movie's world lore intro, signing ceremony, kingsglaive betrayal, how Luna got the ring, who that 4th guy hanging from the cieling at the end of the game is, how Ravus got the mech arm&last royal arm, and Regis' fate - are all very important details)
To clarify, by "Episode Regis" I don't mean a scene by scene retelling of Kingsglaive, but rather, showing the key plot points of the signing (Niflheim attacks Insomnia, Ravus loses his arm, Regis gives the ring to Luna, Regis dies). They could throw in a short combat sequence with Regis and Clarus facing some soldiers and Glauca and BAM, you have the inciting incident take place in-game and now the game is so much better for it.

Mystugan

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018

Tabata said before that to make the second half of the game open world the dev cost and time would double so i think that continue being the case why they don't go for it.
source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/...-xv-story-imbalances-latter-half-game-linear/

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
To clarify, by "Episode Regis" I don't mean a scene by scene retelling of Kingsglaive, but rather, showing the key plot points of the signing (Niflheim attacks Insomnia, Ravus loses his arm, Regis gives the ring to Luna, Regis dies). They could throw in a short combat sequence with Regis and Clarus facing some soldiers and Glauca and BAM, you have the inciting incident take place in-game and now the game is so much better for it.
I don't disagree with you, I'm just trying to see it from their perspective. But yeah, there is are dozens of little "simple" changes they can do with the assets they already have to make the game substantially better.

Tabata said before that to make the second half of the game open world the dev cost and time would double so i think that continue being the case why they don't go for it.
source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/...-xv-story-imbalances-latter-half-game-linear/
No but making Cartanica the size of episode prompto isn't that hard, like 40-50% of that area is complete.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i don't think anyone is asking to be open-world, just a few explorable areas would be enough.

i think the one they should absolutely need to do is the area between the station in cartanica connecting to the mines, since that screams lazy transition more than anything else

dawn

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
yeah I respect him too, he saved FFXIIIvs because its almost dead. I'm glad I can play this game even though not perfect. I think every FF main titles have plot holes, but because internet become a thing everyone being salty on everything.

TheLittleOnionKnight

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 28, 2018

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I've seen plenty of demands for the second half to be open world like the first half, personally speaking.

Not that i think it really needs it, i'd be fine with area expansions the size of lets say, EP. Prompto, imo.

As for Tabata and storytelling, imo i don't its too late for him to improve & overhaul his style of doing so with future projects.

FFXV for all its issues even up ti'll today were connected to a unique situation, and yes you can say what you will about his other notable handheld works. But with plans for new AAA IPs (that aren't Final Fantasy related) formed under a newly created studio with the likelihood of better management & creative freedom than ever before, the idea that it could potentially lead to Tabata's efforts in storytelling finally shining wouldn't be too far off from reality imo.

Last edited: