Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
from the interview with Famitsu:
  • Tabata believes the current active players are no longer looking for any holes that need to be filled for the main volume, but as a creator he feels that Final Fantasy XV can’t be completed as it is now. He is thinking of a new kind of development that will see its episodes delivered differently from the ones we’ve already seen.
are sure tabby? now I know why we will get alternative path for all episodes -_-
Yeah not sure where Tabata got it from that people weren't looking for more work on the main game but then again I remember him saying that getting feedback on the the more intricate changes people wanted in the game like gameplay tweaks, cutscene tweaks, and other things that could improve the core experience was really difficult and people rarely ever brought up those things at events where he got a chance to talk to fans. I assume most of the people he ended up meeting wouldn't shutup about the ending being too sad so that's the signal he got from people. That people don't want anymore tweaks and are looking for other things. Even most of the Royal Edition content according to him was something that they had to come up with on their own as he specifically said that no one ever brought up what they would like to see improved.

It's probably one of the things that has annoyed me the most about this process of post launch support for FFXV, too many people are either overly negative, overly positive, or just straight up airheaded (the people that condemn the game for being sad or focus on irrelevant details like Ignis being gay or not) so the devs don't get any valuable and constructive feedback. Most of what I see regarding this game is always "let it die already," "omg that was flawless," or "omg that was so sad, someone save my bbies because I can't handle tragedy and want the other bros to run a train on Noctis." Sad reality is that I doubt Square and Tabata who are all the way on the other side of the world follow these forums and have any clue where to actually gather good western input and so they visit these cons hoping to get good input in person only to meet people that have nothing of substance to offer.

Honestly it's just frustrating but I'm hoping that this new batch of DLC will help the game out to some extent. Ardyn and Aranea's episodes at the least seem like guaranteed good expansions to the game's story and world so hopefully Luna and Noct's episodes will also help the core game out to some degree. Terada seems like a really good story teller judging by Episode Ignis so I have faith that hopefully that carries through to all of the upcoming content as well.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Episode Prompto gave us the first Magitek facility and if Aranea can give us similarly sized portions of Gralea and Tennebrae I'd be pretty satisfied with the Niflheim content.
Same here in regards to Gralea, if I can't have Cartanica, then give me a portion of Gralea, linear or semi-open, and I would be perfectly fine, the snowy area from Episode: Prompto and Gralea could satisfy me in terms of Niflheim content.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
i don't think anyone is asking to be open-world, just a few explorable areas would be enough.

i think the one they should absolutely need to do is the area between the station in cartanica connecting to the mines, since that screams lazy transition more than anything else
Well... they did address the transition between Cartanica Station and the mine in a datalog entry. >_>; Given that it's now canon that ""The famed Fodina Caestina can also be seen from the station, with an elevator providing direct access," it seems unlikely that they intend to change the way that dungeon is accessed.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to make the elevator ride playable, to be fair, but that's rather different than changing it so you drive there. =P

dawn

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
Yeah not sure where Tabata got it from that people weren't looking for more work on the main game but then again I remember him saying that getting feedback on the the more intricate changes people wanted in the game like gameplay tweaks, cutscene tweaks, and other things that could improve the core experience was really difficult and people rarely ever brought up those things at events where he got a chance to talk to fans. I assume most of the people he ended up meeting wouldn't shutup about the ending being too sad so that's the signal he got from people. That people don't want anymore tweaks and are looking for other things. Even most of the Royal Edition content according to him was something that they had to come up with on their own as he specifically said that no one ever brought up what they would like to see improved.

It's probably one of the things that has annoyed me the most about this process of post launch support for FFXV, too many people are either overly negative, overly positive, or just straight up airheaded (the people that condemn the game for being sad or focus on irrelevant details like Ignis being gay or not) so the devs don't get any valuable and constructive feedback. Most of what I see regarding this game is always "let it die already," "omg that was flawless," or "omg that was so sad, someone save my bbies because I can't handle tragedy and want the other bros to run a train on Noctis." Sad reality is that I doubt Square and Tabata who are all the way on the other side of the world follow these forums and have any clue where to actually gather good western input and so they visit these cons hoping to get good input in person only to meet people that have nothing of substance to offer.

Honestly it's just frustrating but I'm hoping that this new batch of DLC will help the game out to some extent. Ardyn and Aranea's episodes at the least seem like guaranteed good expansions to the game's story and world so hopefully Luna and Noct's episodes will also help the core game out to some degree. Terada seems like a really good story teller judging by Episode Ignis so I have faith that hopefully that carries through to all of the upcoming content as well.
we have to make them notice this website. I think Dan Seto is one of who give feedback to square enix, maybe...
https://twitter.com/dmseto?lang=id

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I think stated this before but what irks me about the future dlc is most likely not in game content. Having to access it from a separate menu and new assets/ area's not in the main game doesn't give the the base game replay value.
That hasn't been borderline confirmed yet though.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
The only "new" area would be to develop more of Gralea. The station is at least semi-complete, Cartanica is like half done, Tenebrae has Luna's room finished and can be "completed" with an access to the building and a small dungeon, the Shiva area literally needs a bit of walking around beneath the train tracks (or hell, give us a tunnel that lets us access the finished map from EP Prompto).

Both Tenebrae and Gralea would be good choices for Aranea to visit, and the Shiva/Cartanica/Station are a relatively easy fixes if they take like 4 or 5-months for each area to finish with the already existing assets and drop them via free updates.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Guys he was technically right. Plot hole wise, there isn't much left to explain. Not having Niflheim open, or not showing specifically what a certain character was doing arent really plot-holes. They addressed most gaps for certain things with all 3 Character DLC, Comrades and the a few free updates to the story. And it seems that Ardyn and Araneas in the least will answer a few more big questions we have for the game (Eos lore/how Lucis began/etc and more about Niflheim overall). Luna's and Nocts might do something substantial but we need more info.

I definitely agree with the sentiment, i just wanna remind everyone of the difference between what the game needs (which mostly has been addressed) to function and what we actually want.

Yes, they should be listening to us more, but I'll wait to shit on BD2 and Square until I have more info with these DLC. They could be bigger than we think, more canon than we think, more substantial to the main game than we think, or they could be the opposite and piss us off.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
The only "new" area would be to develop more of Gralea. The station is at least semi-complete, Cartanica is like half done, Tenebrae has Luna's room finished and can be "completed" with an access to the building and a small dungeon, the Shiva area literally needs a bit of walking around beneath the train tracks (or hell, give us a tunnel that lets us access the finished map from EP Prompto).

Both Tenebrae and Gralea would be good choices for Aranea to visit, and the Shiva/Cartanica/Station are a relatively easy fixes if they take like 4 or 5-months for each area to finish with the already existing assets and drop them via free updates.
Wow the shot of Gralea used in this looks absolutely stunning even in tiny form. Making me hope more and more that we get more of it in Episode Aranea.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Well... they did address the transition between Cartanica Station and the mine in a datalog entry. >_>; Given that it's now canon that ""The famed Fodina Caestina can also be seen from the station, with an elevator providing direct access," it seems unlikely that they intend to change the way that dungeon is accessed.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to make the elevator ride playable, to be fair, but that's rather different than changing it so you drive there. =P
It physically doesn't though. You can see the elevator goes down to the agree in cartanica. Fodina Caestino is the big tree after the town. Now, I do agree with you partially because in the same description, they say that Cartanica is a ghost town due to Niflheim practically destroying the area, so there may not really be a point to explore it (even though we still should be able to).

Agreed, but they would also have to change up the Shiva area to actually make it like a dungeon, the OOB there looks nothing like the Pocket Edition stuff, but it's small so it shouldny take forever. This is what the free update team should be working on I hope. That and maybe a some better transitions between Altissia -> Niflheim and a small portion of cartanica to run around in in the least.

Araneas will definitely do Gralea and/or Tenebrae, it has to.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I (personally) think it, along with the other 3, will be integrated "special" chapters into the main game. Based on Tabata's comments about making DLC more closely related to the main game, I think all of them will have canon parts to them. It will be the choices you make at the end of each that dictate what ending you will get at the end of the game, and will also be related to each other in that way. I posted a thread not too long ago on the topic, so feel free to come and discuss!

Tbh I think all 3 will be after Chapter 13. Canonically, Ardyn's can't really happen before then unless they plan on ruining his plot twist (you don't know he's immortal or a Lucian king, his DLC will 100% spoil that). Depending on Luna's it either takes place while she's alive or dead. If dead, it could very well just lead into her role in the Royal Pack so after Chapter 13 but before 14. Noct's will involve changing the ending directly so I'm going to assume its at least after Chapter 13. Aranea's likely between Chapters 12 and 13 I guess?

On that note, If this actually happens, I'd love it if they could do the same for the other 3 episodes, with some changes to Ignis.
I see.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
But technically the final day of the Empire also includes their assault on Tenebrae. It was the last thing they did and it seems she rescued many of the people there.
its certainly possible, just find a bit hard to believe because the number of areas have been fairly consistent for the dlcs: 1 "new" area for each episode, with Ep Prompto and the Royal Pack adding bigger areas, and Ep Ignis using a bigger and reworked altissia.

since they're taking their time, that could change tho.

they have two opportunities to make use of tenebrae, its the only city in the game that we never explored in any type of way.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I don't know why you're all talking about Episode Regis being about Kingsglaive events lol I wanted to play his version of Noct's journey so bad, there's nothing big enough for Regis from Kingsglaive to warrant a playable version of it in DLC form. All of those fights were short as hell because he was weak and old at that point. Sad to know A King's Tale is the closest we'll get to his journey but I suppose between that and the movie it's not hard to see why they didn't go for an Episode Regis.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
its certainly possible, just find a bit hard to believe because the number of areas have been fairly consistent for the dlcs: 1 "new" area for each episode, with Ep Prompto and the Royal Pack adding bigger areas, and Ep Ignis using a bigger and reworked altissia.

since they're taking their time, that could change tho.

they have two opportunities to make use of tenebrae, its the only city in the game that we never explored in any type of way.
Agreed.

I don't know why you're all talking about Episode Regis being about Kingsglaive events lol I wanted to play his version of Noct's journey so bad, there's nothing big enough for Regis from Kingsglaive to warrant a playable version of it in DLC form. All of those fights were short as hell because he was weak and old at that point. Sad to know A King's Tale is the closest we'll get to his journey but I suppose between that and the movie it's not hard to see why they didn't go for an Episode Regis.
The thing is, Regis's journey, while looks interesting (his past at least overally), isn't really necessary or supplemental to the actual games plot. Realize how all 4 DLC here are either important to the game or the event they experience will be important to the story (well, depending on if it's actually canon at most points).

This is the difference in trying to specify here. In Kingsglaive, Regis's story technically ends. As does Nyx's and Glaucas. It SHOULD have been playable though. I still really wish they'd tackle that as a bonus episode. I'd take that over any DLC or prologue.

But , we have the movie and anime now. Best to just live with that I guess:/

TheLittleOnionKnight

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 28, 2018
Agreed.

The thing is, Regis's journey, while looks interesting (his past at least overally), isn't really necessary or supplemental to the actual games plot. Realize how all 4 DLC here are either important to the game or the event they experience will be important to the story (well, depending on if it's actually canon at most points).

This is the difference in trying to specify here. In Kingsglaive, Regis's story technically ends. As does Nyx's and Glaucas. It SHOULD have been playable though. I still really wish they'd tackle that as a bonus episode. I'd take that over any DLC or prologue.

But , we have the movie and anime now. Best to just live with that I guess:/
Fingers crossed for a remaster/port in 10 years time that has that as a bonus episode.