Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Rumor!

imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0

I don't know if this is real, it kinda does? I can't really tell. But from this lineup list, FFXV will get an unannounced DLC called ''Kings Quest'' and strangely FFVIII is also listed... PS4 port... or remake...? Heh, I'm almost optimistic.

What do you think? Real or fake?

Tabata has said there was some sort of announced content in the works that we could not ''imagine'' coming, perhaps this is that?
Faked based on bits of real information and recent rumours. It's ludicrously easy to fake something like that these days.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Rumor!

imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0

I don't know if this is real, it kinda does? I can't really tell. But from this lineup list, FFXV will get an unannounced DLC called ''Kings Quest'' and strangely FFVIII is also listed... PS4 port... or remake...? Heh, I'm almost optimistic.

What do you think? Real or fake?

Tabata has said there was some sort of announced content in the works that we could not ''imagine'' coming, perhaps this is that?
Wow kudos for sharing this (regardless if it's fake or not lol)

King's Quest? Perhaps something relating to Regis and Insomnia? As for FF7.... I hope it's about the remake.

This seems believable, seeing as it's featuring a long line up of other games instead of just FF focused.

Also... Nier Automata 2?

Well... here's hoping it's real.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Also... Nier Automata 2?

Well... here's hoping it's real.
If they did anything, I'd hope for either a remake of the original three Drakengard titles, or a Drakengard 4. I don't see how they can continue the Nier storyline from where they've left it. It capped itself off very nicely with Automata's Ending E.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018

: (

*cries in a corner*

debug menu dark magic, they put Ardyn on Ep Prompto's dlc.
I'd like to know where they found Ardyn because I don't remember being able to get him using the debug menu hmmm

EDIT: Nvm I looked through some of their other tweets and it looks like they replaced the player character for the Aranea superboss, had assumed they summoned him as an enemy like we've seen with Bahamut. I haven't messed around with this so that's why I missed him.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
KH confirmed to be getting a release date next month (probably E3) and the FFXIV Return to Ivalice team suddenly drops news of a cancelled Tactics game out of the blue... coincidence...? I think not!!

jks Could be easily guessed on a hunch, but KH release date trailer is sure coming.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I really feel like they should've kept doing monthly FFXV updates, it seems like people are losing interest now, monthly updates helped us keeping some sort of "hype" for the game, even if the updates weren't always great, it helped because it made people talk about the game in forums, etc.

Now the FFXV forums are just... dead. :(
i think the same

there are at least two collabs that are 100% coming tho, Tomb Raider and FFXIV (terra battle collab was also found on the datafiles but i wouldnt completely say it'll come for sure).

hopefully they'll add QoL improvements with those updates.

soon comrades will take the spotlight but im not sure if it'll manage to spark much interest.

edit:

https://twitter.com/mmFF15PC

great pic, Ardyn in expectation for his solo dlc

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I really feel like they should've kept doing monthly FFXV updates, it seems like people are losing interest now, monthly updates helped us keeping some sort of "hype" for the game, even if the updates weren't always great, it helped because it made people talk about the game in forums, etc.

Now the FFXV forums are just... dead. :(
Keep in mind, this did release in 2016. The fact we'll still have stuff to talk about going into 2019 I think is good enough in my book.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I've distracted myself with P3D/P5D, the rumors about the new Pokemon Switch game being a Yellow Remake, and general E3 hype. FIFA in the summer will also be good to keep my mind away from XV. Praying to God they make good updates/DLC with all this time they're taking.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I'm guessing they'll make a trailer for the Comrades update around E3 and we'll either get it as a end of June or July update. The next major update is modding capabilities for Windows Edition which will be around October. We'll get the confirmed Tomb Raider collab either when the second update (and most likely final update) for Comrades is patched in or when they implement the modding tools in the Fall. Then end of January/ February is when we'll finally get Episode Ardyn. After the DLCs are released I can imagine them dropping one more major update to the game and closing up shop.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Should we be expecting anything from FFXV this year @ E3? It sounds like Square-Enix wants to push Kingdom Hearts III first and foremost. I'm really hoping they go all out and announce a PS4 Pro LE. Anyway, I would think more substantial announcements for FFXV would come around the time of TGS or Jump Festa? Both of those events are closer to 2019. The year these planned expansions are due to release. Not to mention, it may allow for more focus at those events since Kingdom Hearts III will "hopefully" be out the door already. That and Square-Enix will need a distraction to avert eyes away from their on-going VII:RE debacle.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Should we be expecting anything from FFXV this year @ E3? It sounds like Square-Enix wants to push Kingdom Hearts III first and foremost. I'm really hoping they go all out and announce a PS4 Pro LE. Anyway, I would think more substantial announcements for FFXV would come around the time of TGS or Jump Festa? Both of those events are closer to 2019. The year these planned expansions are due to release. Not to mention, it may allow for more focus at those events since Kingdom Hearts III will "hopefully" be out the door already. That and Square-Enix will need a distraction to avert eyes away from their on-going VII:RE debacle.
They are still going to push Comrades and the modding stuff. This doesn't necessarily mean it takes time away from their pre-recored presentation they are already planning, it's just likely that they'll release some form of advertisement to entice the fan-base around E3 for the content that is coming out this summer and early fall.
Edit: Also what FFVII debacle? That rumor about the 2023 release date was a translation error. And the guy that stated that FFVII was in development hell (Dan something) was proven that he lied about how Nomura wasn't in the office/ working on FFVII remotely.