Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
I'm itching for some new Final Fantasy XV news, Gamescom can't come fast enough!

Noctis' voice actor made some hints on the live stream of him playing the game that have made me hyped. What do you think the chances of us getting another reworked chapter? like what we got for the Royal Edition to sign off the whole project. Like a complete edition featuring both season passes, Royal DLC and a reworked chapter. Something like adding the Shiva dungeon with some new quests, weapons, access to the 3 bases in the mainland and maybe another mini game. That would be an awesome sign off.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I'm itching for some new Final Fantasy XV news, Gamescom can't come fast enough!

Noctis' voice actor made some hints on the live stream of him playing the game that have made me hyped. What do you think the chances of us getting another reworked chapter? like what we got for the Royal Edition to sign off the whole project. Like a complete edition featuring both season passes, Royal DLC and a reworked chapter. Something like adding the Shiva dungeon with some new quests, weapons, access to the 3 bases in the mainland and maybe another mini game. That would be an awesome sign off.
I really want more content too but based on what Tabata stated in an interview after the Royal Edition/Windows Edition he said the game is complete at this point. I really don't think that we are getting anything besides that final Comrades update, the 4 DLC Episodes and the limited events (Tomb Raider and maybe FFXIV). From what I can remember in an article from last year the team that has remained on FFXV is really small, most of them being moved to work on FFVII. It would be great if they expanded Chapters 11 and 12, add in a Diamond Weapon boss, A Hard Mode, summonable Bahamut, and generally utilize all that datamined content that was found but it is extremely unlikely.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Regarding fitting in EP. Prompto, i'm mixed on it happening in chapter 13 due to the chapter's length being a highlighted criticism, and i can't imagine it (technically) lasting longer via enabling EP. Prompto would jive too well with players as much as the placement makes sense.
The best moment to play it would be once Noctis leaves Tenebrae.
He says "It's snowing." then the game changes to the storm with Prompto.
When the Episode ends, we see Ardyn humming the fanfare, and 15 minutes later he tells to Noctis he captured Prompto.
Then in chapter 13 when you rest with Prompto in your team you get the final cutscene.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018

They could put Ragnarok and the Glauca armours in those bases.

I can only wish to them implementing the 3 episodes inside the game in a single narrative (without the menus breaking inmersion). We could go to the dungeon where Gilgamesh is with Noctis, or visit the are in Altissia where Episode Ignis happens.

If the new episodes are also integrated within the story i think the size of the main quest will finally have that sense of epic scale we all wanted.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
well at least the HUD mods are finally being made

yeah, i think Ep Gladio and Prompto are the easiest to implement

Ep Ignis would be problematic tho

edit:

Ardyn's scythe mod

Luna in wedding dress

badass casual costumes for Gladio

Luna looks amazing in that dress.

Is that the model for Ardyn's scythe? If so, it'd merit a closer look. The fact that it isn't among the normal Royal Arms is interesting.

Also, that look for Gladio seems like something that might be him in the first years following Noctis's death; breaking away from his Crownsguard/Kingsglaive self as they're now without purpose. But still holding on to something from the old days.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I had someone ask me once what order to play the Episodes during a playthrough. I think E.Ignis could be implemented during Chapter 14 anytime before the Ifrit fight. For the Royal Edition I would say after Cerberus.
The thing is, if they implement the episodes, they should be edited in a way that feels cohesive with the narrative.

I think i already said this, but in my mind the best way to implement Episode Ignis is start it when Luna summons Titan, just before the CGI of Luna giving his farewell to Noctis.
The Episode would play as normal till you get to the altar with Ravus (ending of chapter 2), at this moment is when the CGI should play, to making us feel like we're to late, and going back to Ignis to find Luna dead with Noctis at her side.
Then chapter 3 should be butchered. With us not seeing or hearing what Prinna shows to Ignis, and without appearing a menu where we should select if we want to take the canon route or the Verse 2.
Once Ignis says "please, forgive me." the story should pass to Noctis again, waking in Altissia, but before them leaving the place,the scene where Ignis comments about giving up should be played.
At last at Chapter 14 after the last campsite, the ending scene of the episode should be played. (In my first playthrough i felt like there should happen something, to make the pace less rushed).
-----------------------------------------------
Sorry for publishing 3 posts in a row, using forums with the phone is a pain in the ass.

I think if the original episodes are implemented in the narrative, then the new 3 would feel combuluted in the narrative.

Knowing BD2 is planning an alternative ending. Maybe they're creating an entire new second part of the game for a NG+ route taking the events of Verse 2 as a start.
If they make the content as something postgame we could get to see the Episode Ardyn, Luna, Aranea, as parallels of chapter 10 to 13. Retaking the control of Noctis for the last act.
Even as an alternative story, the lore showed about Ardyn, Luna, Aranea and Ravus could complement the main story.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

what type of hints? :p

Is that the model for Ardyn's scythe? If so, it'd merit a closer look. The fact that it isn't among the normal Royal Arms is interesting.

Also, that look for Gladio seems like something that might be him in the first years following Noctis's death; breaking away from his Crownsguard/Kingsglaive self as they're now without purpose. But still holding on to something from the old days
yes it is

tho its already implied in-game that there are other royal arms that were lost

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The thing is, if they implement the episodes, they should be edited in a way that feels cohesive with the narrative.

I think i already said this, but in my mind the best way to implement Episode Ignis is start it when Luna summons Titan, just before the CGI of Luna giving his farewell to Noctis.
The Episode would play as normal till you get to the altar with Ravus (ending of chapter 2), at this moment is when the CGI should play, to making us feel like we're to late, and going back to Ignis to find Luna dead with Noctis at her side.
Then chapter 3 should be butchered. With us not seeing or hearing what Prinna shows to Ignis, and without appearing a menu where we should select if we want to take the canon route or the Verse 2.
Once Ignis says "please, forgive me." the story should pass to Noctis again, waking in Altissia, but before them leaving the place,the scene where Ignis comments about giving up should be played.
At last at Chapter 14 after the last campsite, the ending scene of the episode should be played. (In my first playthrough i felt like there should happen something, to make the pace less rushed).
While that structure would have been ideal if the material was there all along, it only works if Ep. Ignis is mandatory, and I'm not sure how much sense it makes to change the mandatory elements of a game that much years later.

With that said, my Chapter 14 suggestion was based on the assumption that the work would be done by a modder with limited ability to edit the Episode. A good optional middle ground for BD2 would be to offer the option to play Ignis' story right after the scene where Noct sees Ignis in the main game and just change the spoiler scenes (with the least damaging way to do it being a swap of Bahamut's voice track to un-subbed "Astral language" and the reservation of the post-credits scene at the last campsite to the end of the game).

That would still give you effective transitions (Noct and Ignis talking in the main game -> Ignis reminisces about what happened; Noct and Ignis talking in Ep. Ignis -> return to playing as Noct) and the benefit of the setpiece serving as an extension to Chapter 9, where it really belongs, without removing the choice to play the game as it originally existed.

...actually, the more I think about it, the more I like that option. The main game is supposed to be focused on Noct, so having the Episodes be optional reminiscences on the part of the bros seems ideal.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I don't know if BD2 will strictly stick to their new roadmap, they already skipped the Spring deadline for the additional content that was supposed to arrive outside of Mod Tools. They usually like to throw in suprises that they haven't highlighted before, just sayin'.

Hmmm

From what I can remember in an article from last year the team that has remained on FFXV is really small, most of them being moved to work on FFVII.
I hope not, especially after they made a big deal about shifting to their new IP. Last year reported 70% of the team staying, though it could be possible that either a downsize indeed happened or that the new wave of DLC has took a lot more resources than expected.

Noctis' voice actor made some hints on the live stream of him playing the game that have made me hyped.
Go on.... ;)

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
While that structure would have been ideal if the material was there all along, it only works if Ep. Ignis is mandatory, and I'm not sure how much sense it makes to change the mandatory elements of a game that much years later.

With that said, my Chapter 14 suggestion was based on the assumption that the work would be done by a modder with limited ability to edit the Episode. A good optional middle ground for BD2 would be to offer the option to play Ignis' story right after the scene where Noct sees Ignis in the main game and just change the spoiler scenes (with the least damaging way to do it being a swap of Bahamut's voice track to un-subbed "Astral language" and the reservation of the post-credits scene at the last campsite to the end of the game).

That would still give you effective transitions (Noct and Ignis talking in the main game -> Ignis reminisces about what happened; Noct and Ignis talking in Ep. Ignis -> return to playing as Noct) and the benefit of the setpiece serving as an extension to Chapter 9, where it really belongs, without removing the choice to play the game as it originally existed.

...actually, the more I think about it, the more I like that option. The main game is supposed to be focused on Noct, so having the Episodes be optional reminiscences on the part of the bros seems ideal.
I share your thoughs, but i think the 3 bro episodes are all tied to Noctis and the message of friendship of the game. Being about how they support him and why.

-With Gladio we learn his attitude comes from wanting to be prepared for the things that will come, so he can fullfil his duty and protect his friend. Without his episode we don't understand from where come the moments he gets angry.
-With Prompto we learn about the struggles and fears of a boy that thinks he doesn't belong with his friends and their quest, making the imposible to feel important to them.
Without it he's just a charming/anoying dude that doesn't shut up.
-With Ignis we learn about the link that bonds him to Noctis. Being there to take care of a little boy that one day will be a great man and how he will tear the world apart to get sure this happens, even if he's the only one seeing his potencial.
Without that, we just have the best husbando and character of the game...which is pretty neat but this is the cherry on top for the character xD

So, having all this content through the main course of the game would let us love more this guys at the same level Noctis does and making us understand why he's whiling to give his life for them.

Also we understand a lot more of the characters and lore of the game. Which is necesary. And i'm pretty sure that the team didn't intended for the game to be that rushed during chapter 9 to 14, and adding E.Ignis and E.Prompto will have a positive effect for the pacing of the narrative.

Another thing to support this implementation is that a lot of FF had different game ideas mashed in the game as minigames or gimmick sections. So i think it fits the tradition having some parts dedicated to other styles of gameplay.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
before the War of the Astrals, the gods lived in harmony and had... a lot fun riding leviathan occasionaly lol

this is a model swap for the regalia-F prolly best mod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1444177534&searchtext=

astral party, we console players are not invited ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leviathan: Why can you not transport yourselves, like everyone else.
Ifrit: Don't get so hot under the fin.
Titan: Bahamut, watch what you are touching! I've a very sensitive lithosphere.
Shiva: It's too cold up here.
Bahamut: Have you seen my blade recently?
Ramuh: I do not wish to know that.
???: To think these are my children. Unbelievable.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017