Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
We are coming up to the end of summer and still no comrades update. It was scheduled for summer right?
That's right, according to the image they showed during the stream in april.

1535260427485.png

Also still nothing on:

• Final Fantasy XIV collab
  • Tomb Raider collab
  • Level editor / other tool release
  • Comrades standalone release
  • First Comrades update
  • If they're going to do the Avatara system for console too
  • Official Pocket Edition mods for PC beyond Noctis (unless it was a bad translation again)
Something else I'm forgetting, but can't remember what. Either way, no information on anything beyond a modding demo at another event which seems kind of a waste given the main modding functionality people want right now, and have wanted from the start hasn't simply been model replacement/imports.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
at this point i kinda wish they would simply scrap it and the leave the mode as it is

i like comrades but nothing about it excites me as much as main game updates; also the community is "dead" even with the Pc release so i dont think their efforts will pay off.

edit:

Lmao

i like how Luna has more personality in silly mods than in the entire game; looking at them i imagined a bitchy Luna sending letters for Noctis with "behave yourself" at the end or calling him lazy, the letters were also a missed opportunity to build a nuanced dynamic (teasing or even slight flirting would have been nice) with the two instead of a plain platonic relationship.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I was really looking forward to some of the bosses they teased coming to Comrades, including Gilgamesh and the Rulers of Yore. Would be a shame if we didn't at least get those.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Maybe they reveal something on Pax West this week.
I'd certainly hope so.

I think having only the modding display could potentially be very boring, considering how the process currently is some stuff is going to be impossible to do properly. Not to mention, a good custom asset would have to be prepared in advance and that can take a while depending on what it is and how detailed it is.

Also not forgetting, the numbers still have that there's more console players than PC players around so focusing on PC-only stuff is only going to lead to more disgruntled console players after that last PC-only update.

Wish they'd throw us a bone.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Yeah that'd be my guess, and Ardyn would have been in Insomnia at that time.
Also, In 2011 trailer, Noctis was talking to someone at the party before meeting Stella and said "Goodbye, whoever you are." I think that person was Ardyn too. In Kingsglaive, Ardyn was there at the party when Nyx and Luna are talking.

Pretty interesting how Tabata was trying to put an entire trilogy into one game. I'm not going into Versus-fanboy argument, I'm niether Pro-Nomura or Pro-Tabata, I think it would've been interesting of how the Trilogy would look like with all the removed cutscenes and the cut-content.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Also, In 2011 trailer, Noctis was talking to someone at the party before meeting Stella and said "Goodbye, whoever you are." I think that person was Ardyn too. In Kingsglaive, Ardyn was there at the party when Nyx and Luna are talking.

Pretty interesting how Tabata was trying to put an entire trilogy into one game. I'm not going into Versus-fanboy argument, I'm niether Pro-Nomura or Pro-Tabata, I think it would've been interesting of how the Trilogy would look like with all the removed cutscenes and the cut-content.
i dont think they (Nomura and team) had much about the second or third game ready other than a basic script around; they were struggling already with the first game lol

i would love to see Tabata's version fully realized, the datamining really brought interesting stuff.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
That's right, according to the image they showed during the stream in april.

View attachment 1036

Also still nothing on:

• Final Fantasy XIV collab
  • Tomb Raider collab
  • Level editor / other tool release
  • Comrades standalone release
  • First Comrades update
  • If they're going to do the Avatara system for console too
  • Official Pocket Edition mods for PC beyond Noctis (unless it was a bad translation again)
Something else I'm forgetting, but can't remember what. Either way, no information on anything beyond a modding demo at another event which seems kind of a waste given the main modding functionality people want right now, and have wanted from the start hasn't simply been model replacement/imports.
Sylvia recently posted on FFXV reddit that the file/ naming conventions for FFXIV collab have been removed. At this point having a FFXIV and Tomb Raider collab as a limited event wouldn't be realistic, considering the limited time frame, unless the team is going to release them back to back. It is very likely that once the Season 2 Episodes are complete that FFXV will be finished entirely and there will be a very limited staff working/ monitoring servers for Comrades and FFXV Windows. Based on the image of that timeline of when everything is going to be released, they missed the Comrades Summer update. I would guess from a business standpoint they are probably waiting to just do one massive update in Winter before Episode Ardyn comes out. It would make way more sense to just release a the new Comrades content and a Limited Event all at once right before the season 2 DLC starts to create hype for the upcoming Episodes. Also I doubt that the console versions will get any modding options. If they don't mention it by the end of the year it will be unlikely.

Edit: Sylvia's post: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/96hzse

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
Sylvia recently posted on FFXV reddit that the file/ naming conventions for FFXIV collab have been removed. At this point having a FFXIV and Tomb Raider collab as a limited event wouldn't be realistic, considering the limited time frame, unless the team is going to release them back to back. It is very likely that once the Season 2 Episodes are complete that FFXV will be finished entirely and there will be a very limited staff working/ monitoring servers for Comrades and FFXV Windows. Based on the image of that timeline of when everything is going to be released, they missed the Comrades Summer update. I would guess from a business standpoint they are probably waiting to just do one massive update in Winter before Episode Ardyn comes out. It would make way more sense to just release a the new Comrades content and a Limited Event all at once right before the season 2 DLC starts to create hype for the upcoming Episodes. Also I doubt that the console versions will get any modding options. If they don't mention it by the end of the year it will be unlikely.

Edit: Sylvia's post: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/96hzse
Yeah honestly wouldn't surprise me and I think it would also be for the best for them to just push these things back and release them all in one go so they can properly optimize them and get a proper hype train rolling for the second batch of episodes with what limited staff they have left. I think even they realize that their time table is all kinds of fucked up and that it would just be smart to focus on consistency and quality rather than the deadlines they put out at this point. After the jittery animations in the March update for Comrades I could see why they'd want to take as much time as they can to iron the kinks out.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Hi!
I can't find the source of this videos?
Do you know where I can find it?

Sylva Via Fleuret from Reddit. Direct link to all of his posts, his English isn't fantastic though so be mindful of that.

I sometimes help Sylva with some of his English, so I know he can be very slow to post content and from what I'm aware it probably isn't all he's sitting on currently, as he's said he's gotten a few things like cutscenes working again but hasn't posted them up yet.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Sylva Via Fleuret from Reddit. Direct link to all of his posts, his English isn't fantastic though so be mindful of that.

I sometimes help Sylva with some of his English, so I know he can be very slow to post content and from what I'm aware it probably isn't all he's sitting on currently, as he's said he's gotten a few things like cutscenes working again but hasn't posted them up yet.
omg like new cutscenes? :0

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
omg like new cutscenes? :0
Yeah, though he was working on putting a few things together. Not sure beyond the Bahamut one I mentioned.

"Page not found"

You are totally awesome, thanks for your word
Seriously? Is it that hard to look? I linked to Sylva's post history because it's more than one topic, but the exact one is this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/8qb8bl
It was even in the description of the video you linked, and this fact was mentioned in the very same video.

Feb 19, 2018
Lol what's with this trend of new people coming in and showing others attitude in recent days? First the guy that attacked Bazztek right after he joined and now this guy showing NoxFleuret attitude for no reason after just joining.

Anyways judging by the fact that it's confirmed through Pocket Edition dialogue that there there are still 24 messengers and that same number pops up here in these notes as well I'm wondering if we'll get to see more of these other messengers in Episode Luna. Would be cool if the companion for her Episode was another one of her messengers rather than another character we've already seen since they've already kind of used all the viable characters they had for support options. I wanna see Episode Ardyn and Episode Luna give us new party members that relate to their personal story with Aranea's Episode maybe giving us Biggs and Wedge as party members. Maybe make Carbuncle Noct's party companion for his episode.

Valeny7

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2018
Sardinia, Italy
Lol what's with this trend of new people coming in and showing others attitude in recent days? First the guy that attacked Bazztek right after he joined and now this guy showing NoxFleuret attitude for no reason after just joining.

Anyways judging by the fact that it's confirmed through Pocket Edition dialogue that there there are still 24 messengers and that same number pops up here in these notes as well I'm wondering if we'll get to see more of these other messengers in Episode Luna. Would be cool if the companion for her Episode was another one of her messengers rather than another character we've already seen since they've already kind of used all the viable characters they had for support options. I wanna see Episode Ardyn and Episode Luna give us new party members that relate to their personal story with Aranea's Episode maybe giving us Biggs and Wedge as party members. Maybe make Carbuncle Noct's party companion for his episode.

Mmh as regard for Episode Aranea I was wondering... Why not Loqi as a partner? Caligo is dead but I think that Loqi is still alive between the chapters 11-12 (ep. Aranea probably took place in these chapters, just before Ep. Prompto)