Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
ugh just for how long they are going to ignore next dlcs' promotions? T _T i was hoping for newest episode in january but i doubt it...wonder what price it will be for season pass. previous ones were pretty obvious in terms of story, and reaaaally short...hmm i surely do hope that these will be more than 2 hours long T _ T
The original 3 DLC episodes being around 2-3 hours (I got more replay time out of each personally) long was completely fine for the price tag provided. The others will probably be longer, but would probably also cost more also.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
They're running way behind schedule, but the delays could mean steady updates from now until the dlc launches. The last update was nice, if we get a comrades update this month, then an anniversary update in November I think it will get some people interested again.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
The original 3 DLC episodes being around 2-3 hours (I got more replay time out of each personally) long was completely fine for the price tag provided. The others will probably be longer, but would probably also cost more also.
yeah price was ok. i would totally be okay for more expensive dlcs if they were longer/expanded! eh but truly, i just would like a proper sequel :( wonder if we would get xiii-2 and lightning returns if online services were so popular back then and more people would be up for buying just online dlcs.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
wonder what price it will be for season pass. previous ones were pretty obvious in terms of story, and reaaaally short...hmm i surely do hope that these will be more than 2 hours long T _ T
I've been wondering about that myself. The length of the DLC's we got was pretty decent for what it was, and they managed to work on those for a couple of months I think it was?

If they're going to be working on these for the length of around a year, it wouldn't be too unreasonable to expect perhaps close to double that? The thing is, we have no idea how development is going. I'd like to think things are going smoothly but, I kinda doubt it given how troubled development in general is with this game.

Feb 19, 2018
I don't think there will be a season pass this time around because then they would have to adhere to strict deadlines again because the season pass would be promising certain content within a certain time frame and they wanna avoid that as much as possible for this next batch of DLC so they can fully polish it and release it when they're ready rather than when they're forced to like what happened with the previous episodes and the base game itself. By this point the devs are probably tired of constantly working against the clock only to release stuff they could've polished more so they likely wanna take their time for a change.

Also it would be a no go to sell a season pass and tell people "Hey, you know these 20-30 dollars you just spent? Yeah there's no real guarantee or time stamp on when you'll get them so just trust us to put them out at some point, k?" The outrage over essentially purchasing an empty season pass would be off the charts and people would be up in arms considering how much FFXV is already bashed for having DLC and so much of it at that. So probably not a good decision to go that route either. Especially considering people are already getting impatient as is without any money invested in this new stuff beforehand.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
yeah price was ok. i would totally be okay for more expensive dlcs if they were longer/expanded! eh but truly, i just would like a proper sequel :( wonder if we would get xiii-2 and lightning returns if online services were so popular back then and more people would be up for buying just online dlcs.
Given how sequel games with the mainline series have not done all that well in comparison to the original title (most evident with the FFXIII trilogy), the best way to go about thing is how they have been with DLC content updates.

FFXV is already bashed for having DLC and so much of it at that.
For myself this complaint is borderline straw-manning. Yes, FFXV has had quite a bit of DLC, but a good chunk of people tend to ignore that a good amount of it has been for free when it could have easily been charged for. Thus far for myself the pricing at worst has been fair, which is something I certainly can't say for all titles in the past 10 years that have had some variant of a season pass.

Also, this complaint in some regards seems hypocritical for the ones that have also been vocal about the game "not being complete". One does not want DLC, but at the same time want a meatier game? In this situation, people can't have it both ways.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I might be a bit outdated but I've just got my game back from a friend and played this Terra Wars collab. Pretty nice, final boss fight reminded me of Nier: Automata a lot. Also how is that Sarah got more sweet talk from Noctis than Luna...xD
Duty > relationships That is Luna's mentality.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Yeah. Almost everything's suffocated by "duty". That's why I find some of XV's story beats so flat.
Understandable. For myself it made me take the threat more seriously since the cast took it seriously. How many FF mainline games have their been where there's a threat, but oh wait let's sidetrack on something? Least with most of FFXV's activities they made sense to me (e.g. hunts, fishing for food).