Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I kind of hope Ardyn is a little more than just an Insomnia section (considering niflheim characters like Verstael are in it), including some others like flashbacks with Somnus. It would be nice if it gave us more opportunities to explore the game, like for example, being able to use Ardyn's car in a small open world section in Niflheim or a new area in Lucis.

At this point I'm sure the trailer would have shown it, but ill keep on hoping for now.
Most likely, just like with the other DLC, it will be in one giant setpiece location (Insomnia in this case).

We may see the past and other areas via cutscenes it seems. I don't think they're going to go too crazy with this episode since the budget may be slashed due to the cancellations.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Final Fantasy XV the game didn't lose Square any money and actually made money. however Kingsglaive did as it had a budget of 100 million and didn't break even .

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Final-Fantasy-XV-Kingsglaive/Japan#tab=international

what does this mean for the future of Final Fantasy well for starts Final Fantasy XVI probably won't have a tie in movie giving Kingsglave's bad performance.
It's worth pointing out that Kingsglaive's budget was actually treated as part of FFXV's marketing budget, so it was probably never expected to make back its full budget in ticket and video sales.

Not to mention, it's very difficult to say what data a site like that would actually have access to. Given the site's description of its method of determining sales, it's almost certain that the vast majority of sales slipped through the cracks. Observe:

Blu-Ray sales of Kingsglaive
Date
.................Units.........Total
10/09/2016.....57,706.....57,706
10/16/2016.....10,916......68,623
10/23/2016......6,369.......74,992

Every single copy of the Ultimate Collector's Edition contained a Blu-Ray copy of Kingsglaive. 40,000 UCEs were manufactured, and the UCE sold out when it released on November 29th, which would increase the total sales by over 50% in and of itself.

However, Kingsglaive was included with the Deluxe Edition, as well. Assuming that at least as many people purchased the Deluxe Edition as purchased the UCE, that would double that site's sales estimate... and it seems rather unlikely that the $80 version of the game wouldn't sell significantly more than the supply-limited $270 version.

And, of course, there's the specter of digital sales and rentals to consider, which I suspect would be a major factor with something like Kingsglaive. The DVD sales were pathetic, but who in their right mind would buy a DVD when they could watch the movie in HD for $5? Not to mention, I expect that a not-insignificant fraction of the people who got the movie in a package with the game rented the movie, since it was possible to rent months before the game came out.

So, how did Kingsglaive really do? I think the best answer to that question is, "Who knows?"

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Final Fantasy XV the game didn't lose Square any money and actually made money. however Kingsglaive did as it had a budget of 100 million and didn't break even .

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Final-Fantasy-XV-Kingsglaive/Japan#tab=international

what does this mean for the future of Final Fantasy well for starts Final Fantasy XVI probably won't have a tie in movie giving Kingsglave's bad performance.
KG budget has never been publicly disclosed and there is no source for this "100m" number that's floating around, also again it was funded and distributed by Aniplex/Sony regardless. It also never was intended for a theatrical release outside of Japan and only got one because fans kept asking SE for one, which is why it had a limited showing only.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
They just posted this new CGI key visual with Noctis and Luna, and you can see Gentiana, Prompto, Ignis and Gladio in the back, and some others that I'm guessing are some Kingsglaive members and Regis, too small to tell. Either way this new CG is being sold as part of a postcard at the SE Cafe, there is a different CG art for if you go to the Tokyo one or the Osaka one.

With it being a counterpart to the Noctis and Ardyn CG that was part of the Royal Edition key visuals.

I'm guessing this would have been the key visual for the 2019 DLC before they went and cancelled 3/4 of them, so now it's just some nice CG art on merchandise...

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
They just posted this new CGI key visual with Noctis and Luna, and you can see Gentiana, Prompto, Ignis and Gladio in the back, and some others that I'm guessing are some Kingsglaive members and Regis, too small to tell. Either way this new CG is being sold as part of a postcard at the SE Cafe, there is a different CG art for if you go to the Tokyo one or the Osaka one.

With it being a counterpart to the Noctis and Ardyn CG that was part of the Royal Edition key visuals.

I'm guessing this would have been the key visual for the 2019 DLC before they went and cancelled 3/4 of them, so now it's just some nice CG art on merchandise...
came to post it lol. now im all angry again for the dlcs being cancelled -_-
// btw i have this feeling that episode noctis would tell story in which boys never leave insomnia and the meet with luna and gentiana there.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
came to post it lol. now im all angry again for the dlcs being cancelled -_-
// btw i have this feeling that episode noctis would tell story in which boys never leave insomnia and the meet with luna and gentiana there.
Thing is that they specifically stated that Noct's episode would revolve around him parting ways with the Astrals but Noct doesn't meet or even fully believe in any of the Astrals until chapter 4. Meaning the DLC could've only taken place around chapter 4 the earliest or around the time Noct enters the crystal the latest with the second option making more sense since that's when he's met all of them and heard his true destiny which then puts him in the position to be able to even deny it at all. Don't know what they'd use as the setting though since Insomnia was already expanded upon in the Royal Edition content and will be further expanded upon in Episode Ardyn.

We've got ruined Insomnia and are soon getting pristine Insomnia so the only logical way to give us yet another version of Insomnia that feels different would be to give us time travel back to the night of the invasion or something so we get to view the city in all 3 phases. Anyways unless they release some of their concepts and script ideas at some point no one will truly know what they had planned for the alternate finale other than the whole cast getting happy endings.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Thing is that they specifically stated that Noct's episode would revolve around him parting ways with the Astrals but Noct doesn't meet or even fully believe in any of the Astrals until chapter 4. Meaning the DLC could've only taken place around chapter 4 the earliest or around the time Noct enters the crystal the latest with the second option making more sense since that's when he's met all of them and heard his true destiny which then puts him in the position to be able to even deny it at all. Don't know what they'd use as the setting though since Insomnia was already expanded upon in the Royal Edition content and will be further expanded upon in Episode Ardyn.

We've got ruined Insomnia and are soon getting pristine Insomnia so the only logical way to give us yet another version of Insomnia that feels different would be to give us time travel back to the night of the invasion or something so we get to view the city in all 3 phases. Anyways unless they release some of their concepts and script ideas at some point no one will truly know what they had planned for the alternate finale other than the whole cast getting happy endings.
In the stream the developers said we will get the content of the cancelled dlc in another format.
So, we will see what they had in plans.

But i probably will not enjoy this content. It's just like Kingsglaive and Brotherhood all over again.
Also, it will probably be an audio drama or manga...T_T

Talking about other formats. Do you guys think the animation planned for Episode Ardyn will be CGI like in Kingsglaive or anime like in Brotherhood?

Feb 19, 2018
In the stream the developers said we will get the content of the cancelled dlc in another format.
So, we will see what they had in plans.

But i probably will not enjoy this content. It's just like Kingsglaive and Brotherhood all over again.
Also, it will probably be an audio drama or manga...T_T

Talking about other formats. Do you guys think the animation planned for Episode Ardyn will be CGI like in Kingsglaive or anime like in Brotherhood?
I think doing CG to the level of KG again for a small short would too expensive if they're trying to cut costs right now. I'm expecting a decent anime short with not a lot of fighting until maybe the end when Ardyn is imprisoned. The short will most likely focus on character and world building more than anything and then we can have our action packed fun with the episode itself.

Also I wouldn't mind a manga but hell no to the audio drama. FFXV is a visual story and as bad as it is that the movie and anime are separate from the game they at least still let me visually take in the world of Eos and its characters in some form. Of all the things they may consider for these stories, if they do decide to tell them, I really hope an audio drama isn't one of them. Tbh I'm not really banking on this alternative plan coming to fruition at all anyway. Companies say they're looking into other alternatives all the time to quell outrage in the moment and then silently move on once enough time has passed. Expecting these stories in any form is setting yourself up for disappointment at this point imho.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
All that teasing from the people that ''claim'' to know about Luminous Productions next game is fucking annoying. Either say what you know or don't talk at all. Trying to pass as an insider here like ''hey i know about the next game but i am not telling you :p'' should be bannable.
Personally I agree that people teasing information pretending to be an insider or something is really lame. However, I don't think that's a bannable offense. If you don't like someone, you can ignore them and never see their messages again. At Mognet we really only have a few ground rules and everything else is fair game. As long as you are respectful to one another, you're abiding by the rules.

I'm sure it's frustrating, especially when seeing people feed into this person, but at the end of the day, we don't know who knows something or doesn't. However, this thread should be kept for FFXV only talk. So for everyone that wants to speculate about Luminous' new game, just make a thread for it.

I know that MNC doesn't get a ton of traffic, but it's best to keep things organized regardless.