Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
don't fuck with me with this ps5 stuff, i got my ps4 just last year and only because i was sure ff viii remake was coming out this winter... -_-
or is they want to release viii for ps5 as starting game at least be like persona 5 and breath of the wild - release it for the older generation too, since you promised :/
on the other hand, versus was said to be on ps3 xD i'd like to play old versus, even demo on ps3 that must have been an interesting experience.
okay, on the other hand today i saw some news on facebook (can't recall source) that square registered game name "Last Idea". Someone pointed out that it means basically same as "final fantasy". Anyone has more info about it?
The first part of FF7 Remake will for sure be on ps4 they aint going to to cancel that version, but due to Nomuras latest comments about development only going to continue and ramp up after kh3 makes me think its still in early stages of developement meaning it should hit ps5 as well when that launches in 2019 or 2020, but I think Parts 2 and 3 of the FF7 remake will be ps5 exclusive since ps4 will be really old hardware by then if the new parts come out like 2 years apart.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
The first part of FF7 Remake will for sure be on ps4 they aint going to to cancel that version, but due to Nomuras latest comments about development only going to continue and ramp up after kh3 makes me think its still in early stages of developement meaning it should hit ps5 as well when that launches in 2019 or 2020, but I think Parts 2 and 3 of the FF7 remake will be ps5 exclusive since ps4 will be really old hardware by then if the new parts come out like 2 years apart.
I can't imagine buying another console only to play ONE full game :/

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
From what I understood he's not really defending the game or Square. He even says the series needs to scale back and learn from FFXV's blunders. He's just calling people out for their shitty behavior towards Tabata and given how many people I've seen attack the man in a fit of uncivil rage I feel like someone had to say it. FFXV was far from perfect and Square definitely fucked up monumentally more than once but it's even more fucked up that Tabata was targeted with so much vitriol no matter how much he tried to work with the fans. He became the recipient for so much hate, for so many actions and decisions that ultimately fall on Square's upper management which not enough people blame since they're not in the limelight like the directors.

It just makes the fanbase as a whole look bad when Tabata goes "Hey guys I'm working on this for the game and I'm also trying to get feedback on things since our game is clearly far from perfect" only to be met with "Fuck you, go die in a ditch, and I hope your family and anyone you hold dear falls victim to the plague." Things can be criticized without overly emotional personal attacks and I feel like a lot of gamers forget this. You can't deny that a lot of FFXV haters tend to be really crass and belligerent.
Truth be told, there was a time when this level of communication between developer and gamer did not exist. I wouldn't be surprised if going into the future SE devs draw back on being open with their audience. There gets to a point where there is no longer criticism and just toxic behavior being displayed.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
maybe ff16 will come on ps5 as well
yeah probably. but i meant that ff vii is one game, and even if they going to release it by episodes it is still one game, and i don't imagine buying another console to finish it :V or to play only half on ps4 and then second half on ps5. with square's speed they are going to release ff xvi in 2025 lol

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
yeah probably. but i meant that ff vii is one game, and even if they going to release it by episodes it is still one game, and i don't imagine buying another console to finish it :V or to play only half on ps4 and then second half on ps5. with square's speed they are going to release ff xvi in 2025 lol
SE said that FFVII Remake will not be an episodic game, it will be multiple (2 or more) entire games covering all the story of FFVII.

Like the Hobbit trilogy coming from one book. Maybe they will not share progession or gameplay.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I have a feeling that based on the way VII Remake's development seems to be going it has a very good chance of being pushed to next gen hardware. That game (or those games) is/are not coming out any time soon.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
No Sony at E3 2019, don't hope for anything big SE related showing up there.

And [USER=2443]@Bazztek Sylva replied, he said before if one cleared Episode Ardyn they'd get to play the opening five minutes of Episode Aranea before being prompted to pay for it, and apparently the anime has the same prompt.

He also said he's not sure if it'll still have to be paid for or not with the change, or if they'll combine the anime and DLC together. So it could be the level editor, it could be Episode Ardyn stuff, the reddit mods also said something about the modding tools being edited too but no depots being changed, I'm not really sure.
Ah okay, I don't think it'll still have that Ep Aranea still in now though, for obvious reasons. But interesting that they were gonna do that, guess it was supposed to be a bit more than the usual short teaser they played at the end of the S1 DLC. By anime having the prompt, what does that mean? That you can watch the anime within it?

With modding tools being edited, is that regarding the current MOD Organizer already released?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

Ah okay, I don't think it'll still have that Ep Aranea still in now though, for obvious reasons. But interesting that they were gonna do that, guess it was supposed to be a bit more than the usual short teaser they played at the end of the S1 DLC. By anime having the prompt, what does that mean? That you can watch the anime within it?
Or maybe, if all four of the DLCs were downloaded, you play and beat the each of the four DLCs one after another? I don't know, but yeah, that would've been interesting... Sigh.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014

With modding tools being edited, is that regarding the current MOD Organizer already released?
Nah square enix will probably have their own conference at e3 like last year

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018

Oh yeah, more or less Sylva had commented that he was expecting some changes to go on as he said he didn't see much to begin with for DLC and this goes with him spotting what he figured was Episode Ravus beforehand. With the announcement of the new DLC, they did say they had considered and then scrapped doing an Episode Ravus, so I don't think he was particularly wrong with that or with what he had seen.

Apparently the anime can be viewed in the game, but there's a payment prompt to purchase it. He doesn't know if that's going to be the same, or if they're going to make it free as the same thing was with Episode Aranea, no mention of a season pass as it was all individual purchases.

Episode Aranea was to be launched from Episode Ardyn's menu, and that there's some other things that haven't been shown so far in the teaser. He did say there were allocations for Episode Aranea, but it sounded like he was expecting some sort of recycling and not enough to waste his time on. He's told me about a few things for now, if more ends up getting cut from Episode Ardyn then he'll probably post it up to fill in some gaps.

I don't think there was a ton about Aranea, and it didn't sound like much was done for the other ones on one hand, but he had a comment about something familiar being redone (not just the invasion) for Ardyn instead of the one he found it for to begin with and said something like he did say to a few people messaging him he suggested reuse the last time he spoke about this.

Modding tools, about the current one from what they responded about. The mods said they spoke to some of the brand managers a couple of weeks ago and are sending another message but it sounds kinda like they're expecting a no comment type of reply for press right now.

And about the FFXIV collab, that should be integrated to the game like the Terra Battle one was. He thinks it should still work more or less like he described it before, but he's not really sure. He looked at FFXIV on request a while ago and said there's nothing in the FFXIV files for their end of it.

The DLC listing on the SteamDB he had one idea for it, but then said something like it shouldn't be as a DLC entry as he thinks something might turn up on the workshop, and that if it does turn up on the workshop, it's probably not the Versus costume asking for officially.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Oh yeah, more or less Sylva had commented that he was expecting some changes to go on as he said he didn't see much to begin with for DLC and this goes with him spotting what he figured was Episode Ravus beforehand. With the announcement of the new DLC, they did say they had considered and then scrapped doing an Episode Ravus, so I don't think he was particularly wrong with that or with what he had seen.

Apparently the anime can be viewed in the game, but there's a payment prompt to purchase it. He doesn't know if that's going to be the same, or if they're going to make it free as the same thing was with Episode Aranea, no mention of a season pass as it was all individual purchases.

Episode Aranea was to be launched from Episode Ardyn's menu, and that there's some other things that haven't been shown so far in the teaser. He did say there were allocations for Episode Aranea, but it sounded like he was expecting some sort of recycling and not enough to waste his time on. He's told me about a few things for now, if more ends up getting cut from Episode Ardyn then he'll probably post it up to fill in some gaps.

I don't think there was a ton about Aranea, and it didn't sound like much was done for the other ones on one hand, but he had a comment about something familiar being redone (not just the invasion) for Ardyn instead of the one he found it for to begin with and said something like he did say to a few people messaging him he suggested reuse the last time he spoke about this.

Modding tools, about the current one from what they responded about. The mods said they spoke to some of the brand managers a couple of weeks ago and are sending another message but it sounds kinda like they're expecting a no comment type of reply for press right now.

And about the FFXIV collab, that should be integrated to the game like the Terra Battle one was. He thinks it should still work more or less like he described it before, but he's not really sure. He looked at FFXIV on request a while ago and said there's nothing in the FFXIV files for their end of it.

The DLC listing on the SteamDB he had one idea for it, but then said something like it shouldn't be as a DLC entry as he thinks something might turn up on the workshop, and that if it does turn up on the workshop, it's probably not the Versus costume asking for officially.
I see, did Sylva see any signs of exploration of pre-destroyed Insomnia in Episode: Ardyn? I'm just asking because some are doubting that it'll be explorable due to reasons like 'angry Ardyn' and stuff.

Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I see, did Sylva see any signs of exploration of pre-destroyed Insomnia in Episode: Ardyn? I'm just asking because some are doubting that it'll be explorable due to reasons like 'amngry Ardyn' and stuff.
He said some, but expect enemies and maybe some QTEs due to enemies.

He said there's some regions, but he can't say how big the area is because he said there was placeholder from the expanded Insomnia we got this year, on top of that he was expecting changes months ago.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
He said some, but expect enemies and maybe some QTEs due to enemies.

He said there's some regions, but he can't say how big the area is because he said there was placeholder from the expanded Insomnia we got this year, on top of that he was expecting changes months ago.
I see, I'm fine with a non-destroyed version of the expanded Insomnia Ruins map we got earlier this year, but that's understandable to hear, though things may change. I'm more focused on Episode: Ardyn's story, as well as playing as Ardyn, has Sylva seen any data for Ardyn potentially using his scythe in the DLC in game-play? I wouldn't be surprised if one of the fights with QTEs was Regis, considering he also uses Armiger and depends if we do fight him or not.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I see, I'm fine with a non-destroyed version of the expanded Insomnia Ruins map we got earlier this year, but that's understandable to hear, though things may change. I'm more focused on Episode: Ardyn's story, as well as playing as Ardyn, has Sylva seen any data for Ardyn potentially using his scythe in the DLC in game-play? I wouldn't be surprised if one of the fights with QTEs was Regis, considering he also uses Armiger and depends if we do fight him or not.
Ive been waiting 12 and a half years to explore un ruined insomnia, im at least happy we'll be able to do it I do hope that its not linear though but it probably will be.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Scythe, no. Armiger is to be used in general but there wasn't a full set of weapons named, apparently and Ardyn has different abilities not shown fully in the trailer. Said something about Ardyn using his sword to mirror Somnus.

And for the QTE fights, he said there was something about guards appearing suddenly at random sometimes, but he did mention Regis and others as well.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

Oh wow thanks for the info. I think they said on the livestream that the XIV quest is initiated from within the game as a sidequest, so yeah similar to how the Terra Wars one was. There is an XIV event happening soon so I guess if any XV content is going to XIV it'll be announced there.

About Episode Ravus, I don't think it would have been actually that, since they said they were tossing up between doing Episode Aranea, Episdoe Ravus and Episode Nyx, and since Episode Aranea stuff is in the datamine it would mean they decided on that instead of Ravus, wouldn't it?

As I recall it was specifically just Episode "R" or something that was mentioned wasn't it? Here's the thing though, I think that R was for Luna, since even in the datamine they occasionally swith the L's and R's, like it saying COL or GRAD, and Luna would be "Ru" which can be read as both Lu or Ru in katakana, but while it is meant to be "L", it's possible they used "R" as a mistake, which the datamine has already shown it has some typos like that. Though I could be completely wrong about all this.

Well after Ep Ardyn is out I'm sure there will probably be more stuff to datamine, and could potentially find more about the other cancelled DLC in the data.

Last edited: