Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Interesting, could you possibly translate those texts you posted? Just wondering, thank you for posting this.
no probs I already did this for Sylva because I help him with things sometimes

Top one is

Ayla/Ara/Eila Mils/Mills Fleuret, the first generation of Oracle chosen to bridge the Gods and mankind.
Ardyn's fiancée,

Bottom is

Ayla/Ara/Eila Mils/Mills Fleuret

The first generation Oracle, and Ardyn's lover.
Approximately 2000 years ago, she was selected and endowed with both the power of the Star, and Trident by Bahamut.
She generously healed and imparted wisdom to people. She was eventually called the "Oracle" who connects God and mankind.
She is an ancestor to the Fleuret family who govern Tenebrae, thus there is a connection to Lunafreya and Ravus.

I used ayla because I agree with the reddit mod, they already had a character in dragon quest with the same first name and they called her ayla. IDK about the middle name, I think Bazztek is probably right. I spoke with the reddit mod earlier about the name, they haven't seen any photos from the event showing her name written down so nobody knows what it is exactly.

Sylva's said it's not written in other languages yet.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Interesting if she is Ardyn's lover then, people from the event are saying there isn't a love triangle between them three. It kind of sheds some new context onto things Ardyn says in the main game, like the "when your beloved died, you lay watching, powerless to stop it" line, same with some other stuff for why he even did certain things, like how Prompto was hung up in Gralea almost like he was crucified similarly posed to how Ardyn was when Verstael found him at Angelgard, or how the Crystal itself is strung up with the chains like Ardyn was.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Interesting if she is Ardyn's lover then, people from the event are saying there isn't a love triangle between them three. It kind of sheds some new context onto things Ardyn says in the main game, like the "when your beloved died, you lay watching, powerless to stop it" line, same with some other stuff for why he even did certain things, like how Prompto was hung up in Gralea almost like he was crucified similarly posed to how Ardyn was when Verstael found him at Angelgard, or how the Crystal itself is strung up with the chains like Ardyn was.
Yeah, it seems pretty clear she is from what Sylva sent.

There's another section to the first one which is "互いに深く愛し合っていたが" (which goes to the first one I posted from him about Ardyn and her being devoted to each other) but he said he doesn't know if Somnus is the cause of it, or Ardyn. Sylva thinks Somnus, so do the mods as one of them said something like Somnus did some sort of anime trope crazy eyes thing.

If it is Somnus then you're on the money about it adding context to it.

Feb 19, 2018
Ok so been going through the trailer more slowly looking for details this time and damn Somnus has a real evil look on his face in the one instance he does show up. Like the dude looks like he's been biding his time until the opportunity presented itself to pull some shit so Ardyn's description of him as a "jealous king" might be true after all. My guess is that the order of events in the throne room will likely be that Ardyn calls an assembly to come clean to his people about his infection and that attempt at transparency will bite him in the ass as Somnus will begin to rile up the crowd and turn them against Ardyn.

Something happens to make Ardyn lose control (all the outrage from the crowd will probably take a toll on his already fragile mental state as he's shown to be struggling with the scourge alone in the forest) and that's when Somnus lunges forward with that sinister smile in an attempt to stab him and become the new hero but the Oracle steps in front of him and gets stabbed instead for her king and possible loved one (lol guess it runs in the family).

That's when Ardyn goes full apeshit with the Oracle's lifeless body in his arms as the crowd flees and Somnus is left standing in front of him with his sword drawn. As for the final scene with Ardyn struggling to reach the crystal my guess is that he either gets beaten by Somnus or beats Somnus and that is probably enough to briefly sap him back to reality. He then goes to the crystal to save him but the Crystal responds negatively to his tainted touch and subdues him thus starting his grudge against it. After that Somnus has unconscious Ardyn locked up at Angelgard.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Ok so been going through the trailer more slowly looking for details this time and damn Somnus has a real evil look on his face in the one instance he does show up. Like the dude looks like he's been biding his time until the opportunity presented itself to pull some shit so Ardyn's description of him as a "jealous king" might be true after all. My guess is that the order of events in the throne room will likely be that Ardyn calls an assembly to come clean to his people about his infection and that attempt at transparency will bite him in the ass as Somnus will begin to rile up the crowd and turn them against Ardyn.

Something happens to make Ardyn lose control (all the outrage from the crowd will probably take a toll on his already fragile mental state as he's shown to be struggling with the scourge alone in the forest) and that's when Somnus lunges forward with that sinister smile in an attempt to stab him and become the new hero but the Oracle steps in front of him and gets stabbed instead for her king and possible loved one (lol guess it runs in the family).

That's when Ardyn goes full apeshit with the Oracle's lifeless body in his arms as the crowd flees and Somnus is left standing in front of him with his sword drawn. As for the final scene with Ardyn struggling to reach the crystal my guess is that he either gets beaten by Somnus or beats Somnus and that is probably enough to briefly sap him back to reality. He then goes to the crystal to save him but the Crystal responds negatively to his tainted touch and subdues him thus starting his grudge against it. After that Somnus has unconscious Ardyn locked up at Angelgard.
Perhaps, but here's the question, after beating Somnus in the expanded Chapter 14 he asked Noctis to end Ardyn's curse, but why is he all of a sudden wanting Ardyn to rest? Did he change at some point after the events of that anime like when he became a Lucii or something? I hope we find that out.

Feb 19, 2018
Perhaps, but here's the question, after beating Somnus in the expanded Chapter 14 he asked Noctis to end Ardyn's curse, but why is he all of a sudden wanting Ardyn to rest? Did he change at some point after the events of that anime like when he became a Lucii or something? I hope we find that out.
Episode Ardyn likely explains that change since we see Somnus briefly there in what looks to be an abstract looking environment so he probably has a soul to soul talk with Ardyn. It's possible that after seeing the destruction that Ardyn is raining down on Lucis, Somnus comes to him to try and reason with him but gets shut out and realizes he colossally fucked up or something along those lines. Plus maybe being a Starscourge slave helped him gain some perspective as well in regards to what his brother went through. 2000 years is a lot of time to mull things over and change and someone like Somnus who can exist as an abstract being probably did grow in that time hence his change in demeanor. Either way I don't know how they'll explain it but the opportunity to do so is definitely there I just don't think it will be in the prologue anime.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

I think this is close, but I'm inclined to think that the Oracle's death happens before Somnus rushes forwards and in a less physically violent way, because there's no blood anywhere when Ardyn is holding the Oracle's body. Brotherhood was shockingly bloody when it showed how Noct was injured, and I'd expect a similar thing to apply here if the Oracle had been stabbed.

Plus, there's one thing that could have happened that would twist the knife even deeper than Somnus accidentally killing Ardyn's lover -- since she's the Oracle and he's infected, she could have died trying to heal him! That would be such a clear point of no return that Somnus could react like, "I told you so!" without being unambiguously bad, then run up to fight him.

...I wonder if Ardyn went to the Crystal to beg it to heal the Oracle. =(

Feb 19, 2018
I think this is close, but I'm inclined to think that the Oracle's death happens before Somnus rushes forwards and in a less physically violent way, because there's no blood anywhere when Ardyn is holding the Oracle's body. Brotherhood was shockingly bloody when it showed how Noct was injured, and I'd expect a similar thing to apply here if the Oracle had been stabbed.

Plus, there's one thing that could have happened that would twist the knife even deeper than Somnus accidentally killing Ardyn's lover -- since she's the Oracle and he's infected, she could have died trying to heal him! That would be such a clear point of no return that Somnus could react like, "I told you so!" without being unambiguously bad, then run up to fight him.

...I wonder if Ardyn went to the Crystal to beg it to heal the Oracle. =(
That's a good point, there's no blood so maybe the Oracle tried healing him and the amount of Starscourge within him was too great causing her to be overwhelmed by it. Also I can definitely see Ardyn trying to command the crystal's power to heal the Oracle since we've seen Noct do it, albeit in the non-canon Verse 2, with Iggy's burns. Either way I think the moment he touches it is when the Crystal has a violent reaction to Ardyn and subdues him hence the last line of the trailer where he says "The gods... have spoken." He sounds like he's passing out as he's saying it. I think that'll be the exact moment when he develops his hatred for the crystal.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Maybe after 2000 years he just wants him to be put out of his misery and took pity on him.

If Ardyn is asking the Crystal to heal the Oracle and the crystal rejects that and as a result she dies, maybe that is another source for Ardyn's hatred for the Crystal. That might be the "connection" to Episode Ignis verse 2 that the devs mentioned it would have, not in a direct story connection but more like a similar situation happens but with different outcomes, like where in Verse 2 Noctis asks the Crystal to heal Ignis and it does so, and the reason being is because Noctis isn't corrupted by the Daemons like how Ardyn was, so if that is the case then I can see what they meant by the Ep Ignis v2 connection.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Another thought:

In the trailer, Ardyn says, "The Starscourge is a disease. We must not condemn our fellow man and exile them as if they were monsters."

He also shows up in a hood when he heals the girl who's infected.

I wonder if Ardyn is rebelling against conventional wisdom that the Starscourge is a daemonic threat by treating it as a purely materialistic force, which seems to work initially but ends up biting him in the rear eventually. Somnus could have been against it all along, hence his satisfaction when Ardyn finally falls.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
the anime will premiere mid february.
ugh, to be honest i would rather not have all of this love story ;< it will brings even more questions and 0 answers... I really would rather have them expand stuff they already had instead of adding new characters etc

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
the anime will premiere mid february.
ugh, to be honest i would rather not have all of this love story ;< it will brings even more questions and 0 answers... I really would rather have them expand stuff they already had instead of adding new characters etc
They did say that Episode: Ardyn will answer remaining questions, but how many questions they'll answer, that remains to be seen, and Episode: Ardyn is basically split into the anime and the DLC itself, if we don't get any amount of answers in the anime, then we still have the DLC itself for such questions, though I'll say, I hope they answer about whether Somnus was jealous or not of Ardyn, and what went through Ardyn's mind at that point in time and during his imprisonment. Also, Episode: Ardyn will also reveal the identity of the voice that spoke to Ignis in Episode: Ignis' Extra Verse in his non-canon route, and considering the reveal of the first Oracle, I'm assuming the voice to be her. But I understand your disdain, it's not going to be for everyone.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Also, Episode: Ardyn will also reveal the identity of the voice that spoke to Ignis in Episode: Ignis' Extra Verse in his non-canon route, and considering the reveal of the first Oracle, I'm assuming the voice to be her.
Oh, that makes a ton of sense! The voice sounded like Luna, but corrupted, so it's reasonable to think that it'd be the first Oracle speaking from the corrupted Crystal.

Maybe Ardyn goes to the Crystal begging it to heal the Oracle, but it draws her soul into it instead. I'm sure he'd take that well. XD;

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
By now my biggest question is how they will make Somnus redimable. He seem's to be a big cunt.
Maybe in the Episode, Ardyn will speak to him once he defeats the armour of the Mystic.
Well, I imagine there's nothing quite as effective at humbling the ambitious as forcing them to accept the sacrificial aspects of leadership. Somnus gets the power he wants but has no choice but to sacrifice most of his lifespan to save his people. That would be a good way to flip their positions: Ardyn has good intentions but insists on doing things his way, while Somnus was selfish but willing to accept destiny when it is thrust upon him.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
do you guys think that se is doing anything about xvi or are they going to focus on vii remake? i really wonder what direction they will take with xvi - the modern one or more "medieval". tbh i got really into the idea of having modern tokyo-like cit (insomnia) to explore and since that won't happen, i wish for something like that in next games!

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I think it's okay that Somnus is a dick, they really don't need to redeem him imo. In the same way that they don't need to redeem Ardyn, just show us why he feels the way he does. We know Somnus was jealous, they can leave it at that. He says the things he does in chapter 14 simply because he's existed for a long time and has had plenty of time to come to terms with what happened between him and his brother. I don't even really think it's him feeling bad or trying to make amends, I think he's just telling Noctis to finish the job lol