Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
Maybe she already had a kid before the events of Episode Ardyn Prologue or she could have a family member (sibling, etc) take over similar to how Somnus steals the role of king from Ardyn.
It's more than likely that she already had a child since her siblings would likely be magic-less due her being the origin point of the family's magic as the first handpicked Oracle. I also think Somnus doesn't possess the Lucis family's trademark magic yet cuz the Crystal wouldn't have chosen him until after Ardyn was put down and rejected by the crystal. *Ardyn being Luna's greatx100 grandad theory intensifies*

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I think she will try to heal Ardyn but the Scourge will go wild and kill her.
Then Somnus sees his opportunity and attacks Ardyn to win the support of the people around and take the role of king.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
So why does Ardyn dress the way he does now? In the past he wore a simple robe.
You have to take into consideration when his design was originally done his backstory was entirely different aka Versus story. If I can remember this correctly, supposedly according to devs that have leaked info on Versus' story Ardyn was supposed to be apart of the Void Crystal of Insomnia or a herald or something. If you look at some key art from XV, there's one of Ardyn riding a black chocobo 2000 years ago before the game. He's wearing the same clothing...They didn't have any other design concepts for him. All of these extra side stories that are being made up on a whim because just weren't fleshed out to begin with. This is the reason why find out a year after the game was released that the first king was named Somnus, the Mystic when it was added to the Royal Edition.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

Does anyone have a full pic? I see Ace from Type-0, Lightning's shoe xD, Versus Noctis and Aya Brea from Parasite Eve. It's sketch by Tabata.
That's the first Noctis artwork by Nomura we ever saw from back in 2008. It was from before we even knew Noctis's name and Nomura mentions that his outfit was going to be revised/changed, also that he is not like Cloud or Squall and that people might not like him.

Last edited:

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
At the end of chapter 11 after Prompto gets knocked off the train, Noctis knocked the gun out of Ardyn's hand and Ardyn was supposed to pick it back up and pistol whip Noctis with it. But in later updates, the gun is just gone from his hand even though his hand still looks like it's holding the gun. Is this a glitch or something, it always bugs me every time.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
At the end of chapter 11 after Prompto gets knocked off the train, Noctis knocked the gun out of Ardyn's hand and Ardyn was supposed to pick it back up and pistol whip Noctis with it. But in later updates, the gun is just gone from his hand even though his hand still looks like it's holding the gun. Is this a glitch or something, it always bugs me every time.
It was purposeful. They removed the sound effect too. Ardyn wasn't holding a gun initially and the gun Prompto was holding fell and skid away from them. So to correct it instead of changing the animation they just removed the gun. But they have weird hiccups animations/ glitches this throughout the game. Two that I have found are 1. Aranea's hand geometry is missing in the start of Chapter 3 scene (in the windows 4K texture pack it's been added back in). 2. When Bahamut talks about the Accursed and shows Ardyn one of gayla monsters that are floating throughout Niflheim is paused.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
It was purposeful. They removed the sound effect too. Ardyn wasn't holding a gun initially and the gun Prompto was holding fell and skid away from them. So to correct it instead of changing the animation they just removed the gun. But they have weird hiccups animations/ glitches this throughout the game. Two that I have found are 1. Aranea's hand geometry is missing in the start of Chapter 3 scene (in the windows 4K texture pack it's been added back in). 2. When Bahamut talks about the Accursed and shows Ardyn one of gayla monsters that are floating throughout Niflheim is paused.
When Royal Edition launched The Rogue appeared normally for me, but every time since my first encounter with her she always appears directly in front of where the party enters the room and it's been stuck glitched like that ever since. It really kills the mystique of her entrance.

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016

This back appearance is... "FFXV" official comic "FINAL FANTASY XV episode car basket" episode 13 # FFXV # FF 15 https://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/EPC_13.html...

https://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/EPC_13.html

Dw3Ce_hVsAA5IqM.jpg

5c3889bad9315.jpg

5c3889bab54e1.jpg

5c388a1314ef0.jpg

Google translate

The 13th: the symbol of the shield of the king

Ambra "Do you have any information about Iris?"

Plainer "The way to hear gradually became a straightball ...."

Ambra "Everyone knows of course, but Iris' older brother is Gradio, the big bird's tattoo stand out!"

Prayer "It seems he carved a tattoo transmitted to the family of Amicitians when the preparation as a shield of the King was decided, Claraus who is also his father should have the same tattoo"

Ambra "Why are you drawing birds?"

Prayer "As an article, it is said that the custom made to depict the birds that fly in the sky with the same wings originated from the wing dragon · Enkidou of Gilgamesh's partner, the shield of the first king. Perhaps it represents a respect for gilgamesh, which is said to be the shield of the strongest king. "

Ambra "For girugamesh and Enkidou, play with" FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE GLADIOLUS "......, it turned out to be a story of the Amicitian family rather than Iris!"

"Final Fantasy XV" Famitsu.com Special Site> FINAL FANTASY XV Episode Carbuckle> "FINAL FANTASY XV Episode Carbuncle" episode 13

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I don’t have expectations, just gonna wait and see what happens. At this point I would prefer a thick book titled “what went wrong when making FFXV” over any DLC or patch they can provide.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
i’m confused because didn’t Ardyn pick the gun up when Noctis was standing there and then he still has it later on.

Last edited:

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
i’m confused because didn’t Ardyn pick the gun up when Noctis was standing there and then he still has it later on.
It slid far away from them towards the front of the train. Where Noctis warped to then slash at Prompto to make him fall off the train, there would be no way for Ardyn to get the gun then appear coming from the right side of the screen.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
They said we wouldn't get a playable Insomnia but now we're getting it. And there's a lot to touch on.

They normally use everything they do as a testing ground and with Insomnia maybe they're trying to see if they can do a city like Kamurucho in the Yakuza games.

Is this new hub going to be a step up from what they did before or is it just going to be more of what we normally would see, like Lestallum and Altissia?

The hustling and bustling of Insomnia is a little different than Lestallum I would think. The modern cars, the fashionable people. It must all be very new to Ardyn. If you thought he was hanging around Lucis for 2000 years, we now know that he wasn't. He just made it out 30 years ago.

Last edited: