Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Another thought about Ardyn:

What if his ability to absorb the Scourge is based on the same principle that lets the Ring absorb the light of the Crystal? Perhaps Ardyn was meant to absorb the Crystal's light to use the power of Providence, but instead absorbed the Scourge directly, rendering him incapable of using the Crystal's light and requiring the Astrals to come up with an alternate plan? The Ring would be a mix between a penance for Somnus' line and a safeguard to ensure that the Crystal's power was used correctly the second time around.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Another thought about Ardyn:

What if his ability to absorb the Scourge is based on the same principle that lets the Ring absorb the light of the Crystal? Perhaps Ardyn was meant to absorb the Crystal's light to use the power of Providence, but instead absorbed the Scourge directly, rendering him incapable of using the Crystal's light and requiring the Astrals to come up with an alternate plan? The Ring would be a mix between a penance for Somnus' line and a safeguard to ensure that the Crystal's power was used correctly the second time around.
Ardyn defeats Somnus and prepares to kill Regis. But Bahamuth falls from the sky and says:
"Look dude, there's been a mistake. I forgot to give you the manual for how to use the Cristal. But don't worry, this time your brother got it and we've prepared a plan..."

Feb 19, 2018
ugh i just hope that next ff will not come in 2030....sometimes i envy assasin's creed fans, they got new full game every year :/
As an Assassin's Creed fan since day one don't envy us. Ubisoft has been struggling with the handling of the series ever since it came to the PS4 and Xbox One. They've fucked up the story far more than Square ever did with FFXV imo and they're trying too hard to be like Witcher 3 instead of retaining their own identity as a series at this point. FFXV despite being a bit troubled as a project is still Final Fantasy to me and the story has its problems but it never flat out shit the bed imo. KH fans like to joke that they have no idea what the story is in the series but in the case of AC fans it's not even a joke.

Legit no one knows what the story is anymore because after Ubisoft threw the entire over arching narrative out the window it's been nothing but vague dialogue and setup and plotlines that are set up but then get dropped without any acknowledgement. So I mean, sure, the yearly releases are nice if you can deal with the rest of the shit show that the series has become. Only recent AC worth touching is Origins imo since it's a prequel and you can ignore the other current gen games while playing it for the most part.

So yeah.... AC isn't a series you should really be envying.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Ardyn defeats Somnus and prepares to kill Regis. But Bahamuth falls from the sky and says:
"Look dude, there's been a mistake. I forgot to give you the manual for how to use the Cristal. But don't worry, this time your brother got it and we've prepared a plan..."

Well, here's another thought: what if both brothers attempted to bear the weight of the Scourge themselves instead of experimenting with the Crystal? The problem in that case might be excessive self-reliance rather than a simple failure to understand what they were meant to do.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Well, here's another thought: what if both brothers attempted to bear the weight of the Scourge themselves instead of experimenting with the Crystal? The problem in that case might be excessive self-reliance rather than a simple failure to understand what they were meant to do.
I think the revelation will be that both brothers are mere pawns in the will of the Gods. To remove the scourge they need 2 conditions to happen. One being that the Scourge gets concentrated in a vessel, and the other is to charge the ring to destroy it.
Each king of Lucis accepts the ring knowing that it will consume their energy and trap their soul in there. Waiting for a King that can bear the power of all united to exterminate the plague.

Aera received that information, and shared with Somnus. He promised Aera that he will find another solution. But in reality he choosed to obey the gods.

This revelation will come to Ardyn after his fight against Somnus.
Somnus decided to suffer along side his brother, waiting 2000 years to save the world. And all the other 111 kings did it too.
But all the hate and suffering Ardyn has build makes him deny the truth and keeps blaming his family for not letting him decide. Saying everyone to fuck themselves and that he will destroy the world just to share a little piece of the hell he's been living on.
Promising he will await the true king, so he can overcome destiny as his greatest revenge.

And i insist. All this will happen in the main game, with Bahamuth telling Noctis all this so he can understand the stakes.
Then, a little montage will run with Bahamuth explaining how with the power of premonition, his dad and fiancee decided to sacrifice themselves too. Seeing the Omen trailer, where Luna is being beaten up as a child and Regis crying when he learns that his kid is the chosen one.
With this revelation. Noctis gets determinated and accepts his role as king, going to sleep and awakening 10 years latter.

Of all the theories i've come up, I think this is the one that will get spot on the most. And i couldn't be happier if it comes true.
If we get this. I will forgive Luminous Studio if they don't give us a final update.

Last edited:

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
As an Assassin's Creed fan since day one don't envy us. Ubisoft has been struggling with the handling of the series ever since it came to the PS4 and Xbox One. They've fucked up the story far more than Square ever did with FFXV imo and they're trying too hard to be like Witcher 3 instead of retaining their own identity as a series at this point. FFXV despite being a bit troubled as a project is still Final Fantasy to me and the story has its problems but it never flat out shit the bed imo. KH fans like to joke that they have no idea what the story is in the series but in the case of AC fans it's not even a joke.

Legit no one knows what the story is anymore because after Ubisoft threw the entire over arching narrative out the window it's been nothing but vague dialogue and setup and plotlines that are set up but then get dropped without any acknowledgement. So I mean, sure, the yearly releases are nice if you can deal with the rest of the shit show that the series has become. Only recent AC worth touching is Origins imo since it's a prequel and you can ignore the other current gen games while playing it for the most part.

So yeah.... AC isn't a series you should really be envying.
hmm yeah i only played a few of assasin's creed games and they seemed fine to me, but im a very casual fan so i don't really dig into the story or chronology etc. I have a friend who only played ff xv without dlcs, movie etc and still enjoyed it a lot, despite not really knowing what happened xD i think i am a bit as her when it comes to ac...haha ignorance is blessing

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
btw did anyone heard anyhting from sylva (was that his nick?)? did he dig something new?
Knowing that we're are so close to the end, I would prefer if he waits to spill the beans a week after we get the Episode and update.
But his information will be welcomed if he wants to share things now.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Going back to "If FFXV was rereleased/ ported to PS5/next gen" I think that it would just be the Windows Edition/4k graphics and it would include all add on DLC minus anything from AC festival. I would hope they would actually integrate all the DLC weapons in a way that that you either had to buy them or get them through quests (which would fix a lot of the pointless hunt rewards) but that is asking too much.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I think the revelation will be that both brothers are mere pawns in the will of the Gods. To remove the scourge they need 2 conditions to happen. One being that the Scourge gets concentrated in a vessel, and the other is to charge the ring to destroy it.
Each king of Lucis accepts the ring knowing that it will consume their energy and trap their soul in there. Waiting for a King that can bear the power of all united to exterminate the plague.

Aera received that information, and shared with Somnus. He promised Aera that he will find another solution. But in reality he choosed to obey the gods.

This revelation will come to Ardyn after his fight against Somnus.
Somnus decided to suffer along side his brother, waiting 2000 years to save the world. And all the other 111 kings did it too.
But all the hate and suffering Ardyn has build makes him deny the truth and keeps blaming his family for not letting him decide. Saying everyone to fuck themselves and that he will destroy the world just to share a little piece of the hell he's been living on.
Promising he will await the true king, so he can overcome destiny as his greatest revenge.

And i insist. All this will happen in the main game, with Bahamuth telling Noctis all this so he can understand the stakes.
Then, a little montage will run with Bahamuth explaining how with the power of premonition, his dad and fiancee decided to sacrifice themselves too. Seeing the Omen trailer, where Luna is being beaten up as a child and Regis crying when he learns that his kid is the chosen one.
With this revelation. Noctis gets determinated and accepts his role as king, going to sleep and awakening 10 years latter.

Of all the theories i've come up, I think this is the one that will get spot on the most. And i couldn't be happier if it comes true.
If we get this. I will forgive Luminous Studio if they don't give us a final update.
The problem with making Ardyn's fate part of the original plan is that Ardyn's existence clearly makes things far worse than they needed to be.

Even if a vessel for the Scourge was necessary, there would be no benefit in keeping that vessel on ice for two millennia. It's not like Ardyn's existence contains the Scourge; it just concentrates part of it in a more dangerous form.

Any plan requiring the Scourge to be concentrated should have made sure that concentration happened at the absolute last minute and that it would be performed by someone willing to sacrifice themselves to save the world. Otherwise, the plan to save the world could have easily become the thing that ended up dooming it.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
The problem with making Ardyn's fate part of the original plan is that Ardyn's existence clearly makes things far worse than they needed to be.

Even if a vessel for the Scourge was necessary, there would be no benefit in keeping that vessel on ice for two millennia. It's not like Ardyn's existence contains the Scourge; it just concentrates part of it in a more dangerous form.

Any plan requiring the Scourge to be concentrated should have made sure that concentration happened at the absolute last minute and that it would be performed by someone willing to sacrifice themselves to save the world. Otherwise, the plan to save the world could have easily become the thing that ended up dooming it.
Probably the Scourge spreaded really fast and Bahamuth had to use Ardyn to stop it temporally. Having Ardyn in Angelgard, where there's no one to infect, the Gods get the time needed to charge the ring.

Look how fast that shit spreaded after Luna died. In just a few weeks the world had less hours of light and it was covered in darkness in just 10 years.
Even if they had oracles every generation, I don't think that the situation could have been sustained 2000 years.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I’m in this weird state where I want to speculate about EP Ardyn and a patch - but at the same time I know I’ll be wrong and raise my expectations too high. Don’t know how to approach this last DLC, should I get excited or is that a mistake?
There are different levels of excitement, im not expecting a mind-blowing dlc but a solid one in-line with Ep Ignis and Royal Pack.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Probably the Scourge spreaded really fast and Bahamuth had to use Ardyn to stop it temporally. Having Ardyn in Angelgard, where there's no one to infect, the Gods get the time needed to charge the ring.

Look how fast that shit spreaded after Luna died. In just a few weeks the world had less hours of light and it was covered in darkness in just 10 years.
Even if they had oracles every generation, I don't think that the situation could have been sustained 2000 years.
But there's no evidence that Ardyn did anything to slow the Scourge that Somnus couldn't have done. Plus, the Astrals clearly used a different mechanism to slow the Scourge in Noct's time -- the Oracle's powers are well-suited for doing exactly that.

With that said, it's not impossible that the devs would retcon the situation to make Ardyn's actions uniquely necessary. That doesn't change the fact that there's currently no good reason to think that's the case, though.

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, it's entirely plausible that Ardyn being held in Angelgard became necessary once he himself became a source of the infection. And, if the Astrals needed a vessel for the Scourge, they could have allowed Ardyn to unknowingly force himself into that position. I just think that Ardyn's fate has to have been at least as much a consequence of his own actions as it is of the Astrals' plan.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
But there's no evidence that Ardyn did anything to slow the Scourge that Somnus couldn't have done. Plus, the Astrals clearly used a different mechanism to slow the Scourge in Noct's time -- the Oracle's powers are well-suited for doing exactly that.

With that said, it's not impossible that the devs would retcon the situation to make Ardyn's actions uniquely necessary. That doesn't change the fact that there's currently no good reason to think that's the case, though.

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, it's entirely plausible that Ardyn being held in Angelgard became necessary once he himself became a source of the infection. And, if the Astrals needed a vessel for the Scourge, they could have allowed Ardyn to unknowingly force himself into that position. I just think that Ardyn's fate has to have been at least as much a consequence of his own actions as it is of the Astrals' plan.
Yeah, absolutely. At the end the Astrals have providence and know what events will cause certain actions. So they select what, when and who to show to get the outcome they want.
Doing it this way we can get a well intentioned pragmatism from the Gods and Somnus, while keeping Ardyn as the "victim" of their plans.
I can see Bahamuth revealing to Ardyn that everything has a porpouse at the end of the episode. Knowing that he will rebel and wait for the True King.
This way we can see the Gods as Puppet Masters, but at the same time understanding they may be right. Opening the route to interpretation and giving Noctis the option to decide if he wants to obey them or not. Justifying the Dawn of the Future dlc that whas going to happen, with also making viable the canon route he takes.

Speaking of Dawn of the Future. Episode Luna will probably be about she meeting Aera. Who may have been there as a ghost since the beginning (HIDDING AS PRYNA, okay, maybe not, but it could be cool xD).
Learning about a plan Solheim had to rebel to the gods, that could be used to free them from the Scourge. Also revealing the Scourge come from a fight the Gods had (Ifrit's meteor, yada yada...).
Positioning them as the villains for her point of view.
Then Luna will doubt herself, because with this new plan Noctis may live a fullfiling life, but that could mean to fail and bring ruin to the world.
I don't know how, but Aera will be removed from the equation here. So regular Chapter 14 can happen without any plothole.
So,Luna comes to Noctis and explain him all this after he gets all the lore dump from Bahamuth. Letting Noctis decide what he wants to do and respecting his decision.

And i don't have any clue about what Episode Noctis could be about neither if the outcome really would be a happily ever after for everyone.
But definetly Episode Ignis Verse 2 teased what could happen.