Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I wonder what else Sylva had found, more cut story content, perhaps or something?
More story I think

Gotta say though I think he's wanted to wait because as one of the reddit mods went off and made a topic about versus the other day, same mod went off because it looks like ya'll either repost happy or some lurkers are

earlier they were talking about knowing some changes with comrades, so idk about you but like I said. more people know whats going on. I know the mods from reddit were also asking people last year about if episode ardyn went to insomnia and how they'd feel

I'd eat a hat if there was nothing but I think theres holding back because of people making up leaks or whatever just because the mods have been kinda pissy about that lately and kingdom hearts 3 lol

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
More story I think

Gotta say though I think he's wanted to wait because as one of the reddit mods went off and made a topic about versus the other day, same mod went off because it looks like ya'll either repost happy or some lurkers are

earlier they were talking about knowing some changes with comrades, so idk about you but like I said. more people know whats going on. I know the mods from reddit were also asking people last year about if episode ardyn went to insomnia and how they'd feel

I'd eat a hat if there was nothing but I think theres holding back because of people making up leaks or whatever just because the mods have been kinda pissy about that lately and kingdom hearts 3 lol
I see, interesting. Also, I apologize for saying this, but Sylva's data-mines feel like KH's Book of Prophecies, which foretold future events, and Sylva's data-mines feel similar, but again, sorry for these comparisons.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I see, interesting. Also, I apologize for saying this, but Sylva's data-mines feel like KH's Book of Prophecies, which foretold future events, and Sylva's data-mines feel similar, but again, sorry for these comparisons.
I got no clue what that is

I just think probably if nobody was doing the whole gotta be first thing or making fake leaks we wouldve got something more by now

Mk Rec

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Nov 8, 2018
It's absolutely pointless to keep hoarding the datamines at this time. The final chapter comes out in a month and then it's no more FFXV ever again. All this hoarding and secrecy amounts to NOTHING in the end, nothing but endless teasing that leads nowhere.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
It's absolutely pointless to keep hoarding the datamines at this time. The final chapter comes out in a month and then it's no more FFXV ever again. All this hoarding and secrecy amounts to NOTHING in the end, nothing but endless teasing that leads nowhere.
Big part of the FFXV experience is the speculation, rumors and debates it generates.
The more we know the more we will share and enjoy with each other.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
More story I think

I'm a little confused. So are you saying the reason why Sylva is waiting is because there might be more content released?

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
My two favorite photos to pick for the ending of the game is a photo of Ardyn and a photo of Ravus turned into a daemon. She never found out. If I could get a photo of Tenebrae I would!

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
My two favorite photos to pick for the ending of the game is a photo of Ardyn and a photo of Ravus turned into a daemon. She never found out. If I could get a photo of Tenebrae I would!
B-but what about Nyx!? He's a chained corpse too!
In fact. Do a panty shot of her dead body.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
For some reason I didn't think you could select a manual photo for the game's ending. You also can't take any from the DLC. Cause I would've done Pryna.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Yeah, absolutely. At the end the Astrals have providence and know what events will cause certain actions. So they select what, when and who to show to get the outcome they want.
Doing it this way we can get a well intentioned pragmatism from the Gods and Somnus, while keeping Ardyn as the "victim" of their plans.
I can see Bahamuth revealing to Ardyn that everything has a porpouse at the end of the episode. Knowing that he will rebel and wait for the True King.
This way we can see the Gods as Puppet Masters, but at the same time understanding they may be right. Opening the route to interpretation and giving Noctis the option to decide if he wants to obey them or not. Justifying the Dawn of the Future dlc that whas going to happen, with also making viable the canon route he takes.
Well, the thing is, Ardyn being a victim is the part that doesn't make much sense. It's plausible that the Astrals could have chosen to allow Ardyn to corrupt himself unknowingly so they could get a Scourge vessel without actually having to intentionally will someone to become infected (a viable concern if they're acting according to virtue ethics rather than utilitarianism), but if the Scourge could have been held back without a vessel (which seems to be part of the post-Ardyn Oracles' powers) and the Astrals could have manipulated one of Noct's allies into becoming the vessel at the very end, manipulating Ardyn into doing something he wasn't already inclined to do on his own wouldn't make any sense.

The "virtue ethics" explanation would have all the same benefits you're looking for, anyway. Bahamut would explain that he needed a willing sacrifice to concentrate the Scourge in for destruction, and Ardyn would respond that he's not willing. Bahamut could say that no longer matters, as the True King will end Ardyn's madness either way, and Ardyn would decide that it'd be more satisfying to kill the True King than some random heir.

If we're making KH comparisons, it seems more like the Datascape journal to me. ;)

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Anyone think that, reading Dawn of the Future, we'll have a scene in it where only this music (or perhaps this music) will suit the scene? Since they seem to be departing from XV's original tone (let alone its tenuous Versus XIII roots), I wouldn't be surprised. I'm having trouble imagining any of XV's themes or musical style matching a world where divine destiny is defied in any form.

Feb 19, 2018
I got no clue what that is

I just think probably if nobody was doing the whole gotta be first thing or making fake leaks we wouldve got something more by now
It is unfortunate that people pull these kind of stunts and I can see how this practice would make Sylva apprehensive about stating more of his findings. Fanboys on all sides or just general clout chasers love to take incomplete info and present it however they see fit in order to generate buzz and be at the center of attention. Reminds me of that initial KH3 leaker who was an attention whore and was baiting and dividing people by drip feeding info with next to no context. Managed to divide the whole community over night. Anyways I can see why Sylva doesn't want to put everything out into the open but at the same time I'm hopeful that we'll get that info some day once things cool down a bit.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Anyone think that, reading Dawn of the Future, we'll have a scene in it where only this music (or perhaps this music) will suit the scene? Since they seem to be departing from XV's original tone (let alone its tenuous Versus XIII roots), I wouldn't be surprised. I'm having trouble imagining any of XV's themes or musical style matching a world where divine destiny is defied in any form.
Well, the very Uematsu-final-boss theme used for the Bahamut rematch in Comrades could fit. ;)

It is unfortunate that people pull these kind of stunts and I can see how this practice would make Sylva apprehensive about stating more of his findings. Fanboys on all sides or just general clout chasers love to take incomplete info and present it however they see fit in order to generate buzz and be at the center of attention. Reminds me of that initial KH3 leaker who was an attention whore and was baiting and dividing people by drip feeding info with next to no context. Managed to divide the whole community over night. Anyways I can see why Sylva doesn't want to put everything out into the open but at the same time I'm hopeful that we'll get that info some day once things cool down a bit.
The thing I don't get is, Sylva doesn't have access to any sources that aren't available to anyone else with the technical skill to parse through the game code. Why haven't we had a legitimate second code diver? While there probably aren't that many people who have the technical skills necessary to pull it off, I'm sure there must be at least a few. *shrugs*

Feb 19, 2018
The thing I don't get is, Sylva doesn't have access to any sources that aren't available to anyone else with the technical skill to parse through the game code. Why haven't we had a legitimate second code diver? While there probably aren't that many people who have the technical skills necessary to pull it off, I'm sure there must be at least a few. *shrugs*
I'm guessing it's also got to do with the fact that FFXV just doesn't have enough of a following anymore to attract more people like Sylva. It's an awfully large and involving amount of work for a game with waning relevance.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I'm guessing it's also got to do with the fact that FFXV just doesn't have enough of a following anymore to attract more people like Sylva. It's an awfully large and involving amount of work for a game with waning relevance.
I feel like, in terms of games that people want a proper post-mortem for, FFXV has to be pretty high up the list. If someone could put together a compilation of what-could-have-been, I imagine that it could draw a lot of attention, even if there aren't necessarily a lot of people playing the game anymore. *shrugs*

NikoZ

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Hmmm so as we know the japanese price will be 926 yen, that means the US price'll be between 7.99 and 9.99 (I personally think 8.99). I wonder how much of a content amount-wise difference that actually is. And I just really wanna know what the update'll bring to the main game.

Feb 19, 2018
Hmmm so as we know the japanese price will be 926 yen, that means the US price'll be between 7.99 and 9.99 (I personally think 8.99). I wonder how much of a content amount-wise difference that actually is. And I just really wanna know what the update'll bring to the main game.
I'm thinking the added 4-5 dollars will probably be due to the size of Insomnia plus unlike the other episodes the story seems to have actual acts to it. The bros' DLCs all played like excerpts and small side chapters within the overall story but Ardyn's episode feels like an entire story in and of itself which is also extremely important in explaining a lot of the inciting events within the lore. It feels almost like a small companion game with the way they're presenting it which makes sense since originally Tabata said that Ardyn could have an entire game to himself.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I'm a little confused. So are you saying the reason why Sylva is waiting is because there might be more content released?
No he's going through more

I don't have everything to translate because he's got more to go over

what I was saying in my post was that there's a whole gotta be first thing going on, Sylva doesn't really care about it but we've both seen people using whats found or gotten by other ways for making fake leaks. sylva's been pissed off because there's like idk, a group of people that know about things but some circlejerk keeps happening over fake leaks, instead of people going for some real information

like idk if anyone pays attention but the reddit mods have said they've verified sylva's posts before approving them because of fake leaks as they were really pissed off about misinformation if you go onto discord or reddit lol

so yeah I just think maybe one of them is right because I see all these reposts and then things that make no sense put into it, like idk maybe people who know about versus or old ffxv might have said something if there wasnt all of the fake stuff around to go up against

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016

Car, to another world "FFXV" official comic "FINAL FANTASY XV Episode Carbuncle" 16th episode # FFXV # FF15 https://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/EPC_16.html ...

Here is the 15th story

16-1 _ toougou
16-2 _ toougou
Continue to episode 17

samune
The 16th: Flowers of Kamiro and Jeal

Karu "Knocked ...... scent ......"

PRINA "Let's sniff (even the flower of Jeal)"

Ambra "Speaking of Jeal's flower, it seems that Luna Furena was brought up in a garden where generations are transmitted frequently to Shin Kagawa"

Prayer "It is said that Fenestara Palace of Tenebrae is a flower of Zeel, it is said that the flower which Eila Mils · Fleure loved in the first generation Kanagi was inherited as a symbol of Kanagaru Now the people of Tenebrae are perfume and potpourri It became to enjoy the scent with etc .. Although the flower language of the jeal differs depending on the color, the blue flower that symbolizes Luna Furena is said to be "heart not giving up", "sincere" etc.

Ambra "Eila of the first generation Kanagi also liked to grow flowers of jeal.When I was interested in Solheim civilization and also went through ruins often.The weak ones are snakes and too astringent tea ! "

Prayer "I was feeling lonely because I saw the tea that became astringent while waiting for Arden who was out for the sake of the people's salvation ..."

Ambra "There was a scene that you can understand the feelings of Eira such as" EPISODE ARDYN - PROLOGUE "animated on the day before" EPISODE ARDYN "

Car-kun "Episode ... Arden ...."

Ambra "Wow! Ka-kun's eyes are running out ... ...!"

Prayer "Hehe," EPISODE ARDYN is looking forward to delivery "

"Final Fantasy XV" Famitsu.com special site> FINAL FANTASY XV episode car basket> "FINAL FANTASY XV Episode Carbuncle" 16th episode (Special edition)

google translate

There are some things related to the episode ardyn