Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Yeah I remember that article, but the thing with it is that it's an editorial rather than direct quotes from Tabata, and far too often in editorials like this I've seen game journalists mess up details or get things wrong, so it's hard to take that line regarding the logo woman even in 2015 being a goddess as definitive proof of anything, especially when as you said that article states that the summons are called Eidolons in XV, though not the writers fault since they are just repeating what the translator from PAX called them, but at that point in time the name "Archaean" was seen in the Episode Duscase loading screen referred to Titan the "Archaean", people assumed that "Archaean" was the term for the summons in XV back when Ep Duscae first came out, until a bit later on in the demo when another term "Astral" also referred to the power of the summons, as when Noctis gets Ramuh it states that Noctis has acquired a new Astral Power, which then clued people in that the summons could also be called Astral. People didn't know that Archaean was just term a that only Titan is referred to as at the time, and I remember when that ATR and interview from PAX 2015 came out calling the summons in XV as Eidolons it caused a bunch of confusion and even in 2015 people including SE translators would call them Eidolons too until we later got confirmation that the summons are called Astrals and are the gods themselves.
If SE translators were calling the Astrals Eidolons, why use that as an example of the article getting something wrong instead of as an example of a likely change? It's not implausible that "Eidolon" was used as the EN equivalent of the meta-textual "summon beast" and Astral was an alternate in-universe term at one point, until audience confusion made it seem easier to remove the "Eidolon" terminology entirely.

Regarding the logo too people assumed it was Etro but Nomura never stated it was Etro, and Amano himself says he doesn't even remember what the logo meant. The Genesis painting was also seen in Episode Duscae months before that August 2015 interview and the painting showed the Oracle above the Chosen King, and the Astrals had already become the Gods of XV's world when the Genesis painting was made, as Ifrit is not present either because of what happened to him, so it never really made sense for there to be another goddess above them named Eos.
It seems pretty clear to me that the woman in the Genesis painting was meant to be the woman in the logo. It's not at all clear that said woman was Luna/the Oracle back at the time of Episode Duscae's release. In fact, given the woman's portrayal, it seems more likely that it wasn't originally meant to represent a human woman.

That the Astrals were already portrayed as gods is kind of irrelevant, given that the Gamespot statement about the logo woman (and hence the Genesis woman) is that she's the highest deity in FFXV's lore.

Eos is the goddess of dawn in Greek mythos and its stated in-game the crystal is the soul of the planet, which is named Eos... just like Pulse was named like the god Pulse in FFXIII or Hydaelyn is named like the mothercrystal in FFXIV.

It doesnt confirm anything because the game never focuses on it but we at least know there is something beyond the Astrals so the theory isnt completely out of the charts.
Exactly.

While clickbait videos like Pez may contain false or unconfirmed information it also doesnt invalidate everything else, I dont think anyone takes him 100% seriously anyway lol

either way its a fictional story and I couldnt care less lmao

Edit: he does say the dlc ending is the real ending, he's dumb.
The funny thing is, he said it "might" be the real ending earlier in the video. I'd say "careless" is probably more applicable than "dumb."

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017
Could you be more obtuse? There is a difference between posting a theory and literal clickbait and spreading misinformation.
Why do you always have to jump at people and act with such vitriol? mozzafaralj just posted a video he thought would be of interest to people on this forum, he/she never claimed what FFPeasant is saying were facts. Why do you have to turn what was simply a gesture of someone sharing something into a sour experience?

NikoZ

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Devil May Cry 5 and Episode Ardyn will be out in March... good month for gaming.

Any guesses on how long the Episode will be? I'd say... 2-3 hours.
Honestly, counting in the development time, the new trailer, the price tag and some words from the developers in the past, I'd say at least two times longer than episode Prompto, which was around 2-3 hours. So somewhere between 3/4-6 hours?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I was running around in Insomnia City Ruins today, going out of bounds through the Regalia Type-D trick, which still works, and doing side-quests there, and Garuda showed up multiple times in one day, and from what I know, she could only be summoned once per day, and yet, I summoned her multiple times in Insomnia in one day, what happened? Then again, I did rest once or twice, so that may have allowed it to happen, but it was nice seeing her more than once.

Devil May Cry 5 and Episode Ardyn will be out in March... good month for gaming.

Any guesses on how long the Episode will be? I'd say... 2-3 hours.
I'm not sure, but the pricing for Episode Ardyn in Japan is 926 yen or something around that, which translates to $8.38 in US currency.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Honestly, counting in the development time, the new trailer, the price tag and some words from the developers in the past, I'd say at least two times longer than episode Prompto, which was around 2-3 hours. So somewhere between 3/4-6 hours?
Given that it'll likely be around the same price point as Comrades, which probably had around 3-5 hours of unique content (ignoring the necessary grind), 3-5 hours seems like a fair bet.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
The simple way to end the story without Noct having to become a sacrifice is by the people of Eos focusing global efforts on a pharmaceutical cure to Starscourge or at least some medicine that can prevent people from getting it.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The simple way to end the story without Noct having to become a sacrifice is by the people of Eos focusing global efforts on a pharmaceutical cure to Starscourge or at least some medicine that can prevent people from getting it.
It's a magic climate change/zombie plague. I feel like fixing it with pharmaceuticals would be very unlikely to seem believable.

Feb 19, 2018
Aye man I still wanna know why Somnus is all glowy and wearing the kingsglaive uniform in that screenshot.
In all likelihood it's an illusion/vision that Ardyn is witnessing. It seems like the DLC will have a few trippy dream like sequences since there are scenes of Somnus also taunting Ardyn to kill Aera and he also approaches Ardyn with his sword drawn in that weird ethereal looking flower field.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
It's a magic climate change/zombie plague. I feel like fixing it with pharmaceuticals would be very unlikely to seem believable.
And how do you propose another way out of the situation? With all of the scientific talk in Chapter 13 I figured there could be a cure. In FFXV they weren't even looking for a cure.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I feel like whatever they could potentially add this month would be more gameplay related if anything.
Ray Chase said his last day in the job was dubbing the FFXIV collaboration.
So it's probable that if we get some cutscene it has been recorded early this year.