Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
yeah, graphics doesn't look so good... but I think that it look empty because there's Ifrit around burning people for fun lol (it seems in party)
yeah also its Founder Day so people are likely crowded in a single / central area, even then at least a few npcs and parked cars...

Edit: the Shadow Move exploration looks really good though, it seems to be free exploration like the description implies. Maybe each building will have a Shadow Move point.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
yeah also its Founder Day so people are likely crowded in a single / central area, even then at least a few npcs and parked cars...

Edit: the Shadow Move exploration looks really good though, it seems to be free exploration like the description implies. Maybe each building will have a Shadow Move point.
Yeah, the Shadow Move looks like something I'll have so much fun with. Also, how crazy would it be if we could Shadow Move to the top of the citadel?

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Personally, I have no care about how graphics look in any game, all I want is to experience a story and have fun, and I don't even have a priority towards music, even though I like listening to it. But that's just my opinion, and the video was from the Twitter account, and uploaded on YouTube by that YouTube user, and it might look better if it was in 720p or 1080p, and that's not available in the video which was taken from Twitter.
Current-gen graphics suffer terribly from heavy compression, IMO, and low resolution compounds that issue. =/ Episode Ardyn looks a lot better in screenshots than in the Twitter videos, too. I'm not really that concerned about the way it will look at release at the moment.

The music, on the other hand, is a bit weird. Given Ifrit's presence in the party, it's probably combat music, but it's still not very FFXV. XD

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
if you really can reach all those buildings with the red lights then at first glance the city seems decently sized.

also this Shadow Move basically explains how Ardyn appears from nowhere in FFXV scenes, sneaky asf.

edit: watched the last trailer again, and it seems the Insomnia section begins right in the action with Ardyn arriving and saying "let the fireworks begin", all the gameplay scenes here shows an empty city because Ardyn already attacked and everyone run thats why its deserted... the cars you can see are from the "police".

so it seems no "normal" exploration as a town, it will be a battlefield again.

if i got it right, the dlc will begin explaining a bit about Ardyns past then > fight against Ifrit, gaining his power > Verstael and Ardyn join forces > Insomnia section with Ardyn summoning Ifrit and then fight with Regis and some revelation of Bahamut and Ardyn.

Last edited:

Unoder

Yevonite
Feb 20, 2018
if you really can reach all those buildings with the red lights then at first glance the city seems decently sized.

also this Shadow Move basically explains how Ardyn appears from nowhere in FFXV scenes, sneaky asf.

edit: watched the last trailer again, and it seems the Insomnia section begins right in the action with Ardyn arriving and saying "let the fireworks begin", all the gameplay scenes here shows an empty city because Ardyn already attacked and everyone run thats why its deserted... the cars you can see are from the "police".

so it seems no "normal" exploration as a town, it will be a battlefield again.

if i got it right, the dlc will begin explaining a bit about Ardyns past then > fight against Ifrit, gaining his power > Verstael and Ardyn join forces > Insomnia section with Ardyn summoning Ifrit and then fight with Regis and some revelation of Bahamut and Ardyn.
It seems highly likely that it's just going to be the same size as the royal edition, I hope I'm wrong about that but I doubt it lol. And yes you're probably right about that, I mean I'm holding out some hope that there's some exploration before than, so instead of just attacking right away as shown in the trailer instead you get to explore a bit before hand and than when you're ready to begin the assault you proceed to a specific spot on the map and than that cutscene triggers but I'm really starting to doubt that too.

This is kind of underwhelming tbh... I hope they're saving some surprises for us in the dlc, and for the main game too.

Edit: Don't get me wrong though, the shadow stepping does look pretty seamless although after playing episode ardyn and returning to the main game it's going to make things feel a little restrictive lol. And I am happy we get to experience to city before it's destroyed... but it would be a shame if it's limited too a battlefield again. I mean, for Episode Ardyn it's fine but we should get to travel back via umbra to a founder's festival with the boys or something and experience the city as a town, that would be a pretty epic send-off imo.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
It seems highly likely that it's just going to be the same size as the royal edition, I hope I'm wrong about that but I doubt it lol. And yes you're probably right about that, I mean I'm holding out some hope that there's some exploration before than, so instead of just attacking right away as shown in the trailer instead you get to explore a bit before hand and than when you're ready to begin the assault you proceed to a specific spot on the map and than that cutscene triggers but I'm really starting to doubt that too.

This is kind of underwhelming tbh... I hope they're saving some surprises for us in the dlc, and for the main game too.
having the same size is not necessarily bad, gotta consider the added vertical exploration but that's to be seen how much of that there is.

edit: thinking about rewards, what if they make Somnus summonable, they went all the way to create his model and animations and you can see that is Regis that summons him so why not reuse it...

Last edited:

Unoder

Yevonite
Feb 20, 2018
having the same size is not necessarily bad, gotta consider the added vertical exploration but that's to be seen how much of that there is.
Maybe not, although when you take the standard of the previous DLC's into consideration.... they've always gave us something new to explore previously, even in Episode Ignis when we returned to Altissia not only did they also give us Verticality there too but they opened up the other half of the city too us... Maybe I'm wrong about saying this but it just seems at first glance, and taking everyting at surface value that less of an effort was made here but hey if they've put all their time into the story, bosses, and maybe some features for the main game than I'll definitely eat my words..

Also, it's interesting you bring up the verticality as I've been wondering how far out we're going to be able to see at the tops of those really tall buildings. Have they retextured the rest of Insomnia in the distance? Is it going to look like we're on an arbitrarily raise section of the city (like it does oob in the full Insomnia map) or have they lowered this part of Insomnia to merge more seamlessly with the rest of the unexplorable environment? I wonder.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Maybe not, although when you take the standard of the previous DLC's into consideration.... they've always gave us something new to explore previously, even in Episode Ignis when we returned to Altissia not only did they also give us Verticality there too but they opened up the other half of the city too us... Maybe I'm wrong about saying this but it just seems at first glance, and taking everyting at surface value that less of an effort was made here but hey if they've put all their time into the story, bosses, and maybe some features for the main game than I'll definitely eat my words..

Also, it's interesting you bring up the verticality as I've been wondering how far out we're going to be able to see at the tops of those really tall buildings. Have they retextured the rest of Insomnia in the distance? Is it going to look like we're on an arbitrarily raise section of the city (like it does oob in the full Insomnia map) or have they lowered this part of Insomnia to merge more seamlessly with the rest of the unexplorable environment? I wonder.
they have only shown the same citadel we already know, in its clean state and at day-time, the only new explorable areas we have seen are the rooftops.

i guess we can say if there were more they would show, unless its super spoilery.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
they have only shown the same citadel we already know, in its clean state and at day-time, the only new explorable areas we have seen are the rooftops.

i guess we can say if there were more they would show, unless its super spoilery.
Who knows for sure about that, but they never showed us stuff like the street of the Vesperway and the Imperial bases in the Royal Edition before it came out in any trailer, but I'm fine with some form of verticality exploration along with the city-grounds seen in the trailers of the DLC, but I'm open to surprises, heck, the Royal Edition/Pack' map surprised me for example, I thought it was going to be structured like the Myrlwood Dungeon, but I was happy with Royal Edition/Pack''s map.

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I just hope this shadow move doesn’t result in the player going from one end of the map to the other in 10seconds... it would really shrink the size of the city.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I had a thought about the apparent lack of civilians in Episode Ardyn's Insomnia:

Japan is really weird about players being allowed to kill innocent NPCs. The Infamous series, which is safely T-rated in the States, gets the highest rating in Japan.

Given that Ardyn enters the city looking to wreak havoc, I wonder whether the devs chose to keep civilians out of his way to avoid the dilemma of either preventing the player from doing something Ardyn would want to do or receiving a very problematic rating.

With that said, it's not that implausible that Ardyn might be allowed to explore under the premise of carrying out some goal that required him to avoid detection -- say, Ardyn needs to find a camera to hijack to make his statement to the populace before attacking.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I think if people voted for Luna instead of Ardyn, they still would've cancelled the episodes and nothing would've gotten produced.
If people voted for Luna rather than Ardyn, they'd have found a way to have canon!Luna playable instead of proposing an AU story for her. If that did happen, I don't think they'd have been more likely to cancel it than the current Episode Ardyn -- it seems like the cancellation was specifically aimed at the AU that no one considered to be necessary to the canon story.

Feb 19, 2018
I think if people voted for Luna instead of Ardyn, they still would've cancelled the episodes and nothing would've gotten produced.
Nah cuz Episode Ardyn was initially gonna feed into the alternate ending too but they ditched all that when Dawn of The Future got scrapped. If Luna had been the first and most popular scheduled episode I think they likely would've rearranged things with it too in order to fit it in with the main game rather than the alternate timeline stuff. Luna has quite a bit of unseen canon story that could be shown to us while she travels across the land to forge the covenants for Noct.