Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
The new music is pretty good, the theme from the most recent trailer is as wacky as it sounded there but I kind of dig it lol the theme that opens the trailer is called "Prayer of the Oracle" and it's really pretty.

EDIT: Traveling to past Lucis real quick to see if any notices or quests pop, then will try to fight Ardyn and see if the final boss was changed at all

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
The new music is pretty good, the theme from the most recent trailer is as wacky as it sounded there but I kind of dig it lol the theme that opens the trailer is called "Prayer of the Oracle" and it's really pretty.

EDIT: Traveling to past Lucis real quick to see if any notices or quests pop, then will try to fight Ardyn and see if the final boss was changed at all
Perhaps you could see if they also did any changes to any of the other chapters? I doubt that anything in the chapters changed, but I would like to know.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Nothing obvious in past Lucis, gotta make my way through Ifrit and the Lucii but will let ya'll know if they changed anything with Ardyn. So far feeling like anything new would be the reward from beating EA

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Perhaps you could see if they also did any changes to any of the other chapters? I doubt that anything in the chapters changed, but I would like to know.
Don't really have the time to comb through every chapter tonight, if the ps4 patch notes have anything more obvious we'll all know soon. My ps4 copy is taking really long to update though lol

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Don't really have the time to comb through every chapter tonight, if the ps4 patch notes have anything more obvious we'll all know soon. My ps4 copy is taking really long to update though lol
I see, okay then, thankfully, my PS4 update is currently at 8,800 currently out of 9,233 GB, so almost there.

Edit:

It finished, there's nothing else in the patch notes than the things you listed.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I've been playing today in the Duscae area and now with the update i can say that the game runs a lot smoother in this same place.
I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. But damn i play in High and i don't notice stuggering right now.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Guess thats it. At least, besides EP. Ardyn proper.

As much as i can't hide how rather bummed out i'm feeling, given that within this whole month I've experienced (non-XV related) various announcements that ended up being smaller than expected aside from obvious exceptions, i'm not gonna lie in admitting to being use to it. Thats not to say that there were any other promises made beyond speculation of course.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Kenny is 100% Matsuda from the Mystery Disc demo, just model and voice swapped. Has the eye lazers, rocket launcher, and Sword of the Father. Also didn't come in with a good build or food buff but I'm fairly certain he's gonna be hard because he kicked my ass straight back to Lestallum before I could even make a dent on his HP. Only thing that makes me think he might be easy with a good build is that all his attacks are slow and easy to read/dodge.

Unoder

Yevonite
Feb 20, 2018
How is this patch going to be larger than the royal edition (its patch & dlc combined) but not have any features for the main game lol... I'm about half an hour away from finally DL'ing this, and trust me I'm going to pick it apart. There has to be something more than a couple tracks...

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
How is this patch going to be larger than the royal edition (its patch & dlc combined) but not have any features for the main game lol... I'm about half an hour away from finally DL'ing this, and trust me I'm going to pick it apart. There has to be something more than a couple tracks...
I'm assuming that the PS4 patch is so large because it holds all of the assets for EA. Steam version is probably smaller because EA will have to be downloaded separately.