Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I came to share these photos but I see that you guys were faster haha
I love Luna's design! She's wearing Kinsglaive clothes under the cloak (at least same shoes and pants... I think). So, alternate path...maybe it would be about Luna joining forces with Nyx during the movie and saving the city? :D The second photo of Luna is actually Versus XIII logo right? For the girl from Aranea's dlc...I have no idea. Boy, I did not expect that Square had so...interesting concepts ready. I thought that these DLC would be more about stuff we already knew/seen but needed a bit of explanation etc. Ohh, I want these DLCs so badly now! ;<
//also my guess is that girl on the 3rd photo is not Luna but Etro? Since these were illustrations for each dlc and only's Noctis wasn't very obvious and didn't feature him, maybe he met her while being in the crystal or something? idkkk
I had a feeling they were throwing out some important information, especially with Episode Luna (and to a lesser extent, episode Aranea). I was never really interested in Episode Noctis because we got so much from his perspective in the game and I'm not a big fan of non-canon/ alternate endings. I so badly don't want the girl to be the same one from Tenebrae, and would rather she be a new character, but if she is, then it's not a big deal.

I haven't been able to sleep since the release of these photos online..

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The "goddess" woman from Ep Noctis story is confirmed to be
Luna, which given her face being literally Luna's was obvious enough, though through what means she becomes this we'll still have to wait for proper translations.
Wow. That's one incredible Luna. I guess Verstael's description of the Oracle as a "goddess of light" became somewhat literal.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
If anyone is curious, in the link below there are thoughts about Ardyn's part of the novel:
DOTF Ardyn

I think the best part of this is the confirmation of Ardyn and Somnus' mindsets, which were hinted at but obscured in the DLC.

Ardyn's idealism being completely impractical and counterproductive is the best way to explain why he would be portrayed as corrupt in soul prior to his fall in spite of his good intentions. Showing him realizing, too late, that he'd have eventually become a daemon if he had continued fits perfectly into my own interpretation, so I'm glad about that clarification.

I'm kind of ambivalent about Ardyn's immortality coming from his soul being sucked into the Crystal. On the one hand, it makes more sense for his immortality to be from something unique rather than the Scourge having literally the opposite effect on him than everyone else. On the other, it seems like a kind of random explanation at this late hour (even if it could be explained in the terms of the original EN translation assumption that Ardyn was held back from the afterlife because of his corruption...).

Finally, the portrayal of Bahamut seems even more evil-for-the-sake-of-needing-a-villain. =/ At least it sounds like that portrayal only exists in the context of the non-canon ending.

Luna is definitely infected by the Scourge and has Ardyn's powers for some reason? I do not like this. XD;

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Ep Aranea new character spoiler
Whoa, reminds me of Fang from XIII. I'm guessing the goddess is similar to what Bahamut did with Aera, probably the crystal or whatever is behind it and the gods using Luna as a host. If she functions similar to or is called Chronodia you heard it here first:

This might be too deep of a cut for this forum but I have this gut feeling we're gonna see Chronodia (or something similar) in Episode Noctis. If he turns against the Astrals (assuming this is because they've made sacrifices of Ardyn, Regis, and Luna and Noct wants to see those 3 happy) and in turn the crystal, I could TOTALLY see them slapping those 5/6 on the crystal like the fiends from FF1 with Etro or something replacing Chronodia's human-y form. It might not even be called Chronodia but I'm predicting we'll see something similar if Episode Noctis goes that route.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Whoa, reminds me of Fang from XIII. I'm guessing the goddess is similar to what Bahamut did with Aera, probably the crystal or whatever is behind it and the gods using Luna as a host. If she functions similar to or is called Chronodia you heard it here first:
She has more of a Wild West mixed with Dragoon feel, rather than Tribal/Indian dress feel that Fang has.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I think the best part of this is the confirmation of Ardyn and Somnus' mindsets, which were hinted at but obscured in the DLC.

Ardyn's idealism being completely impractical and counterproductive is the best way to explain why he would be portrayed as corrupt in soul prior to his fall in spite of his good intentions. Showing him realizing, too late, that he'd have eventually become a daemon if he had continued fits perfectly into my own interpretation, so I'm glad about that clarification.

I'm kind of ambivalent about Ardyn's immortality coming from his soul being sucked into the Crystal. On the one hand, it makes more sense for his immortality to be from something unique rather than the Scourge having literally the opposite effect on him than everyone else. On the other, it seems like a kind of random explanation at this late hour (even if it could be explained in the terms of the original EN translation assumption that Ardyn was held back from the afterlife because of his corruption...).

Finally, the portrayal of Bahamut seems even more evil-for-the-sake-of-needing-a-villain. =/ At least it sounds like that portrayal only exists in the context of the non-canon ending.

Luna is definitely infected by the Scourge and has Ardyn's powers for some reason? I do not like this. XD;
Where did you find the information about the spoilers of the Episode Ardyn novelization?

Amareth

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 28, 2019
And it becomes even sadder every minute when new spoilers come up, because it all was supposed to be playable :( can you imagine all of this as part of a game ? SE take my money and bring ffxv to life again!