Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I'm trying to be respectful, I understand that Tabata is trying to finish the game. With all due respect, he changed the entire story which really pissed Nomura. Imagine you created an entire trilogy of your story, then suddenly someone took that and changed it all up is really disrespectful. If Tabata decided to continue Nomura's vision, then he should have my full respect for finishing his game.
How are you being respectful spreading false info when there are numerous links that show in some form or another Nomura's lack of consistency with the project? Absolutely SE played their role in things by spreading him out too thin no doubt (combined with the PS3 technology just lacking for the ambition), but you can't blame SE for Nomura having the thought of turning FFXV into a musical at one point in time. When you're a director you can't keep moving the goal post cause you'll just demoralize the members you're working with. That's why Tabata took some of the measures he did, which may not even be seen as common in Japan work culture, to boost moral. Both Tabata and Nomura have flaws, but trying to demonize Tabata is just plain wrong. If a lot of other products had gone through such a level of development hell they would have been canceled.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Tabata had to condense the story into one single game because SQ wasnt on board with doing multiple XVs anymore, since the company would be already undertaking a massive project with FFVIIR.

Obviously condensing a story means adapting and removing stuff, its simply how it works.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
yeah, theres no way SQ would be down on developing two AAA trilogies at the same time-frame, thats insane.

Kitase confirmed it was decided early on that VII would have to be "divided" in episodes, and like he said years ago, he always had Nomura in mind to be the director.

basically the project suffered because of the Versus period where the game took so long to resolve its issues (possibly too ambitious for the engine) that they decided to transfer the project to the new generation, where they managed to concretize their ideas... But so much time passed that FFVIIR was on the horizon, XVs trilogy canceled, which led to another wave of reworks.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Did anyone else here see the second version of the opening to the game? There is no background music until the final moments of the scene, which is more uplifting than the original.

At first I thought this would just be the new game plus version.
Huuh.... I don't think I ever noticed this! It's such a different vibe from the original. I think I prefer the foreboding music a bit more, but it's an interesting watch either way!

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
It implies nothing, your confirmation bias is not an indication of anything, that's all you fucking do, pull shit out of your ass and form headcanons because you don't actually know what you're talking about.
This coming from someone constantly throwing a tantrum at everyone pointing out your bullshit attempts to twist facts aren't making sense. Just like your "logical assumption" to think there was nothing preventing him from speaking about vXIII, the counterargument holds just as much merit that there is a possibility that there were instructions to not comment on it anymore.

LMAO thanks for proving you're a cancerous just like the rest of the toxic KH/Nomura fandom, even since Verum Rex was announced you can't accept the fact that Versus is fully dead because Verum Rex will never be the actual Versus no matter how many fucking cutscenes it superficially copies, and even more hilarious is how butthurt you braindead Versus stands got whenever XV referenced Versus stuff where you complained "b-but it's not the real versus!?" yet somehow Verum Rex is despite being even further removed? Holy shit you are more delusional than I thought.
What are you even talking about? Are you so stupid that you can't understand that people who liked the idea behind vXIII are excited to check out VR because it seems to borrow a lot of themes from that project?

Too bad Nomura is known worldwide as a fucking hack director incapable of making a good game, while Tabata is known for saving FF with FFXV, the best selling FF game to date when comparison release timespans, which is also constantly ranked highly by fans in top 5s and top 10s constantly. Nomura has never released a single finished game so it's extremely ironic that you shill Nomura so hard and try to demonize XV for actually being a finished game with a finished ending, more content in it than literally any game Nomura has shat out. It's amazing how Tabata gets to not only run his own company with many other former Square Enix devs, including those who worked on Versus, but that he's already as much stated his next game is going to be a AAA game, while Nomura is stuck being Square Enix's whipping boy with his name attached to everything no matter how much involvement he even had in it. Why is Nomura so incompetent that he needs co-directors to actually direct the games for him? If not for Yasue then KH3 never would have released, if not for Hamaguchi and Toriyama then FF7R part 1 never would have released, if not for Tabata then FFXV never would have released.
I think others already pointed out you talking out of your ass (as usual) on Nomura LOL. He's employed and is one of the leads on VIIR, SE's most important game of the last 20-years. Not to mention how SE wants his input on so many of their titles. Meanwhile Tabata is on mobile, at home, after being incapable to even finish the XV DLCs aha :D

Did you see the recent ranking of FF titles? There was an article posted here just a few pages back, open your eyes. XV barely makes any of those lists, and a lot of the times it doesn't at all! XV... a finished game...? HAHAHAHA, you serious?

I read that steaming pile of shit you tried to call an argument, you literally tried to say I "made up" that Tabata's team didn't want to merge with Nomura's team because it had a bad reputation within Square Enix, you outright said it right here, stop trying to backpedal because you were once again talking out of your ass.
Try again, and this time pull your head out if your ass, sniffing your own shit isn't good for your health. You're trying to push a twisted narrative that Tabata's team did not want to work with Nomura, when the actual direction of the conversation was that there were concerns and some resistance towards the idea of being thrown on a project that's known as difficult or faced various obstacles over the years.

What does it changing after Nomura left have anything to do with the fact that it was constantly in flux WHILE Nomura was director, where Roberto Ferrari stated the story was changing every 3 months and nothing was defined during the time he was on the game, changes happen in every game during development yet you're the only one here trying to absolve Nomura of making changes to things on a whim and him having no actual idea what he was trying to do, other than a vague idea.
You're once again proving you don't know what you're talking about. The argument is that practically everything from the game while it was vXIII got removed, and not in favor of better things. What was the point of removing Stella if the replacement, Luna, was so underwhelming? What was the point of removing so many CG scenes if the replacement were inferior in-engine replicas? What was the point of removing Etro from the lore if they tried to then hint at her with Luna in DotF? What was the point of taking out so much story from the game in "favor of having it all from Noct's perspective" when that made it worse and then later they went back on that statement regardless? What was the point of taking out playing as all party members, and then slapping it back in a year after the game came out and everyone moved on? What was the point of removing the hooded ravus only to replace him with a shell of a character that is ravus in the final game? The argument can go two ways: (1) you either take away old stuff but replace it with something better (which they didn't) or (2) you keep the old stuff and run with that theme, which they also didn't since so much from the earlier trailers is nowhere to be seen.

Nope, it is true.
Every single Nomura interview ever describing Noctis's personality is him describing exactly how he is in the final game too. Keep living in denial.
And every single depiction of Noctis in prior trailers shows him to be very different than any of his behavior in XV. Keep pretending like they're the same.

Are you seriously trying to equate the actual CG cinematic directors who actually are in charge of the creative descisions of the CG cinemenatics as being "grunts" that work for Nomura?
You're so fucking stupid if that's what you took out of what I said, don't put words in my mouth. I said that of course Nomura didn't LITERALLY PROGRAM the scenes, but that he probably had an input on the setting/tone of what the scene needed to depict. And those people did a good job on it. Hence Nomura felt that scene shouldn't go to waste and got it to be repurposed in VR.

Verum Rex is not Versus/XV, it's not even a "repurposed" Versus/XV, Versus was cancelled and FFXV was the reboot, and the last official time we even saw Noct in the car being driven was as part of FFXV, so that was now part of early FFXV and no longer even Versus, Verum Rex has visual similarities but that's where it ends, conceptually and fundementally nothing about it is even remotely the same about anything we knew about Versus.
The car scene from VR that is similar to XV was first shown in the 2011 vXIII trailer. Then a small part of that scene was re-shown in the 2013 XV trailer, but it was identical to 2011.

And as it was stated like 3-4 times already, VR is probably a different story but elements and themes from Versus seem to be incorporated into it. And if Yozora and The Nameless Star have a similar relationship and tone to their interactions as what we know of Versus Noctis and Stella - then people who liked the Versus idea will be happy with VR as well.

Verum Rex is to Versus XIII/XV what Mighty No.9 is to Megaman, I'm sure all those Megaman fans loved Mighty No.9.
Or it is what Bloodstained is to Castlevania. The fact that the game isn't out, that we don't even know what VR will be, and that you're already calling it Might No.9 just proves you're a XV-extremist. How pathetic.

You braindead Versus stans will never be happy because you don't even fucking know what Versus even was and you can never make up your mind, all you have is conceptual trailers you formed your headcanon fanfic around and that's all you'll ever have for it.
Trust me, if VR has the themes and tone from Versus. People will be very happy and satisfied. Meanwhile you go on, keep telling yourself that the shit you were spoon-fed with XV was actually good.

At the end of the day, all I'm saying is that VR has a chance to make people who were interested in the Versus project under Nomura happy. The fact that he went out of his way to make the references to Versus so clear, implies that there will be similarities in tone. As he stated, it is not a game her worked on long ago. But the fact that so many references to this 'old game he worked on' is in VR, creates hope and a possibility that some thematic overlap will likely occur. Nobody expects it to be a remake - and there is a lot of doubt over how SE decides to market VR - but VR is a light in the darkness to people who wanted to experience the tones of vXIII. So we're happy and excited.

Meanwhile you're over here screaming that Nomura is a failure and that VR (which isn't even out yet) is the equivalent of Mighty No.9.

I'll now leave you and your buddy with another quote to think about:

“The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.” – Bertrand Russell

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Such a simple opening, but i get all emotional because its Regis basically saying goodbye to his only son, knowing all the hardships he will have to suffer + imminent sacrifice.

I like how he keeps saying something so Noctis wont leave it so fast. ;(
This is the kind of stuff that made me fall in love with 15. A part of me will always yearn for what we'll never see from Versus, but what 15 became on its own is way more special to me. I wouldn't trade it.

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't think Nomura is a bad director, Kingdom Hearts (the 3rd biggest franchise of S-E behind of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest) and The Worlds End With You are pretty good examples, but the company tends to put him in a lot of projects. Projects that tend to be very long and needs a lot of hard-work.

PD: And off course he still want to do FF Versus XIII with his peculiar way to do everything, just look the secret ending of KH3 -Re:Mind-.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I don't think Nomura is a bad director, Kingdom Hearts (the 3rd biggest franchise of S-E behind of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest) and The Worlds End With You are pretty good examples, but the company tends to put him in a lot of projects. Projects that tend to be very long and needs a lot of hard-work.

PD: And off course he still want to do FF Versus XIII with his peculiar way to do everything, just look the secret ending of KH3 -Re:Mind-.
he wouldnt be constantly in charge of the biggest projects if he was a bad director, that also doesnt mean he's perfect.

every Sakaguchi has their own Spirits Within to carry on the back, if you know what I mean lol