Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
Why would he need to "clear" his name when he managed to release the game to positive critic reception? :/
While the critic scores were positive and the game holds a special place in my own heart you can't deny that there was and still is a lot of bad publicity surrounding the game, and that Tabata often gets the brunt of the blame for "ruining" FFXV by a lot of people despite a lot of the game's issues stemming from corporate meddling. That's what I meant by clearing his name. Critic scores don't entirely dictate a piece of media's image/reception by audiences and there are plenty of examples that attest to that. At the end of the day, I think Tabata still gets unfairly singled out as one of the main issues with the project and I want him to have a legitimate chance at silencing all that noise.

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
More data about sales, Final Fantasy XV is the 4° best selling of the FF Series, via ResteEra.
It's likely XV has already surpassed FFVIII and FFX's numbers by now but I don't think we'll ever get specific numbers for FFX because SE counts FFX/X-2 HD remaster sales as being sales for both.
Besides that XV is still the fastest selling FF, hitting 9.5m faster than any FF did.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/kingsglaive/4K.html

KINGSGLAIVE is getting a second 4KUHD release, Japan only, on February 09/2022.

Set comes with:
  • 2 Disca (4KUHD &BD)
  • New audio commentary from Director Takeshi Nozue and staff.
  • "SCENARIO BOOK" constructed from the original script.
  • File with CG art.
  • Making of scenes.
  • "KINGS GLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV File Fragments"
  • A bonus "What If?" art of KG cast in Galahd.

There will be also an interlocking event to celebrate the release, look forward to more information.

Feb 19, 2018
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/kingsglaive/4K.html

KINGSGLAIVE is getting a second 4KUHD release, Japan only, on February 09/2022.

Set comes with:
  • 2 Disca (4KUHD &BD)
  • New audio commentary from Director Takeshi Nozue and staff.
  • "SCENARIO BOOK" constructed from the original script.
  • File with CG art.
  • Making of scenes.
  • "KINGS GLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV File Fragments"
  • A bonus "What If?" art of KG cast in Galahd.

There will be also an interlocking event to celebrate the release, look forward to more information.

It's weird that the FFXV prequel movie is getting more fanfare than FFXV itself on its 5th anniversary.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
PSA: The Kingsglaive 4K re-release is 2 days away and here is a sneak peak at the KINGSGLAIVE FFXV File Fragments booklet:

I bought this though my order is still processing so not sure when I'll get it, but just from that pic there it already looks like a bunch of never before seen concept art and storyboards for Kingsglaive.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Having watched it I...felt underwhelmed, she had barely anything finished, nothing great was loss in the end.
Agree it's underwhelming overall, though nice fan service. But that swirling dodge was funny to see, and the "victory" pose was...oddly in character. Definitely feels like she would've been a ranged magic-heavy character. I wondered how they might make a playable Luna work without a total costume redesign (yes, what's been shown is very glitchy, but it's something).

Feb 19, 2018
Agree it's underwhelming overall, though nice fan service. But that swirling dodge was funny to see, and the "victory" pose was...oddly in character. Definitely feels like she would've been a ranged magic-heavy character. I wondered how they might make a playable Luna work without a total costume redesign (yes, what's been shown is very glitchy, but it's something).
Having her in the party doesn't make much sense at any point up until she dies and becomes a ghost anyways due to how the story is written so I think a workaround for the dress being clumsy to fight in could be to just have her float around as a ghost. The twirl animation for dodging still works in that context and they could avoid giving her too many animations that excessively clip through the dress. That's the only way I could personally see her being implemented as a party member because I don't know how they were gonna justify her physically being there if that is indeed the model they were gonna go with but then again it is also severely unfinished so I don't know what their end goal with her even entirely was either. Oh well, still cool to see I guess.