Final Fantasy XV Modding Discussion

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Wish I didn't have a toaster, though I'm gonna look into stuff like importing the Cloud model from Mobius, which I remember Kitase said was the model used for FF7 remake at the time.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Well I tried it by replacing Gladio with Cloud and it said it was a success but when I loaded it in the game there was no model at all, like Gladio was there but he was just invisible.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Hey guys! Just an update on my progress. A lot of people in the community are struggling with the models (hence why a lot are missing textures or are glowing white in the night). I've tried Blender, 3ds Max and then Blender again. But, I got some results finally!

I'll be posting a detailed look at the mod tool once I have everything sorted.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Hey guys! Just an update on my progress. A lot of people in the community are struggling with the models (hence why a lot are missing textures or are glowing white in the night). I've tried Blender, 3ds Max and then Blender again. But, I got some results finally!

I'll be posting a detailed look at the mod tool once I have everything sorted.
that looks great omg

matches real nice with that costume

edit:

Fusion sword from FFVII: AC

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1406322634&searchtext=

Hylian shield from Zelda

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1406368664&searchtext=

daggers from Persona V

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1406241098&searchtext=

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Any Nier/Darkengard mods yet? I would love to see Zero's sword in the game. Or Noctis wearing Emil's head.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Yes! I was just finishing up my article over on Nova Crystallis which you can see here: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2018/06/look-final-fantasy-xvs-mod-organizer/

There are definitely a lot of problems with the mod organizer, and I even had to edit Blender's FBX export script just to get the sword not to glow in dark areas (a problem you'll see a lot of mods on the workshop have).

For those interested here is the edit I made over on Github: https://gist.github.com/LeonBlade/3f59326b6afabf0ca7228f81ddf26dfb
By replacing the file in your Blender scripts folder and restarting, you'll be able to export FBX files without the light of a thousand suns emanating from your model.

For those interested in the technical details:
The problem is with how FFXV expects your FBX material to be set up and with Blender's lack of customization with their materials. The emission color shares the same as the diffuse and that emission color (normally just white) is why the model is pure white at night like that. A few other tweaks to not cut the specular factor in half for some stupid reason and some other things to get the file to most closely match what the sample files have. I will consider creating some other script for an easier Material editing process in the future, for now this will do.

I do have another model I spent a lot of time on that I originally planned on using for the article, but it's kind of lame and lacks detail so I decided not to do anything else with it.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Nice write up. I tried doing Cloud's model from Mobius and it showed up invisible even though it said it was a success, so I tried a different version of the model that I converted to FBX with blender and resaved the textures from .dds and .tga formats to .png, since .dds and .tga aren't supported by the tool, and then when I built that it worked and said it was a success, but when I go load a save file the game just crashes, so I don't know what's going on with that.

So then I tried doing Sora's KH2 model that I also converted to FBX with blender, and that loaded in just fine but the axis coordinations were all off so he appeared much further back than where the player model is supposed to be, and I still aren't too sure how to do the bone setup yet so he was still just in a T pose, I'd just have to reset his XYZ coordinates in blender to be centered between his feet to fix that though. Though this is the first time I've ever used blender so I'm still getting used to how things work in that too.

Edit: Ok I tried resetting his XYZ coordinates and that worked, but he's still really big so I need to change the scaling. Btw I'm playing on the lowest settings because I have a toaster.

Last edited: