Final Fantasy XV - Review Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
What I expected after reading the leaks if the story was alot better handled this wouldve gotten quite a few 10s and more 9s
Yeah, and if the game was even better and came with a new car it'd be getting 100s.

I seriously hope the big lesson you learn out of all of this is to not believe everything you read on the internet...

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
So what I'm getting from reading the reviews is:

• Gameplay is good, sans camera, summons, magic, and the final part of the game.
  • Bros are cool, but the rest of the cast is not.
  • The story is... messy? A lot of mentions of the second half of the game, Kingsglaive, Brotherhood, and events that don't happen on screen. But the ending is good.
  • The world is great, but the car is not.
  • Quests are of the fetch type, something I don't think I'm going to like, we'll see.
  • Photography, cooking, other minigames are good.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
So what I'm getting from reading the reviews is:

• Gameplay is good, sans camera, summons, magic, and the final part of the game.
  • Bros are cool, but the rest of the cast is not.
  • The story is... messy? A lot of mentions of the second half of the game, Kingsglaive, Brotherhood, and events that don't happen on screen. But the ending is good.
  • The world is great, but the car is not.
  • Quests are of the fetch type, something I don't think I'm going to like, we'll see.
  • Photography, cooking, other minigames are good.
Sounds about fair, yep. Though, I got the impression that it was more of a mixed back on the fetch-ness of the quests.

Gamplay - Ace
Story - eh
Overall - pretty damn good.

That's the gist of what I'm getting.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I wanted the story of this game be great so badly, really attached to the characters(not only main party ones)
I hope DLC's will help a bit to clear the vision.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Yeah, and if the game was even better and came with a new car it'd be getting 100s.

I seriously hope the big lesson you learn out of all of this is to not believe everything you read on the internet...
What I read on first impressions for the story seems to be what alot of reviwers are saying as well.
That the story is meh. Seems like alot of points were docked because of the story.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
From the reviews, the game sounds like the spiritual successor to FFXII, which it can potentially de-throne it from my number 2 spot.
That's always been my vibe. Like if FFVIII and FFXII made sweet sweet love and had a baby.

A baby who would be king!

Edit: With its dear old Uncle FFVII teaching it life lessons. Also some FFV and VI for cousins.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
No, FFXIII-2 got 40/40, which speaks volumes of Famitsu.
Aside: didn't Persona 5 get a 38 or 39 from Famitsu recently? I seem to recall that causing a meltdown in parts of the Internet. (FWIW, I've never played the Persona series)

But given that Famitsu thought FFXV ~= P5 -- and that game seems to be very well received -- this is a better indicator of quality than FFXIII-2.