Final Fantasy XV - Review Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Did you read the review? It doesn't nearly deserve your stupid comments. And forgive my harshness, but I just don't see why the review should be ignored because it comes from IGN.
Wow, relax man. I'm not ignoring anything. I was just saying why I was expecting them to be more glowing. I didn't, nor am I going to. nor do I care to, read any of them because none of it matters. I will at most skim some highlights. My mind has been made up about this game for a long time. People are just taking lighthearted free shots at IGN. Calm down.

The only one I'm ignoring (and apparently so are MC and opencritic at least so far) is that 6/10 from that french site because I always throw out the biggest outliers on both sides, and because that site has a history of rating things 14 points lower than average to begin with, making them serial outliers. And that's actually a normal thing to do with statistics. It's nothing nefarious. I was actually just expecting IGN's review to be the one that I'd be dismissing for being overly positive.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
With the reviews out of the way, now we need to know if Square-Enix can pull off successful sales.
I'm betting it's less of a boom and more of a steady trickle as players generate a buzz. We're all here looking at the reviews and whatnot, but I figure most people who are candidates for this game aren't. They'll get interested by word of mouth.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Considering Tabata and BD2 had about 2.5 years to take a failed project and demoralized team and deliver a game out of it -- I'd say 86 is a damn miracle.
Yeah, I'm reading people's impressions all day, I don't think too many people are upset about that score at all. I'm pretty happy with it anyway.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Im happy too, but still want it a bit higher for being closer to classics rather than XIII. :p
Probably the same reaction that many people have right now. Can't help but to look at those 90+ Metascores with nostalgia.
I don't think too many people are upset about that score at all.
Well, unless you thought the game would score higher...
FFXV will be the first 100 video game metascore.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Well, unless you thought the game would score higher...
I thought the game would score higher. Still not disappointed. And that's honestly the general vibe I'm getting here.

And consider who you just quoted there on that last one, lol.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Welp, so much for neogaf being peaceful about it. I thought the 86 would be in the middle enough that both sides would look at it and be like "hmm, not too bad" but that was short lived.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Welp, so much for neogaf being peaceful about it. I thought the 86 would be in the middle enough that both sides would look at it and be like "hmm, not too bad" but that was short lived.
Still the same people, most of them are P5 fanboys now taking 6\10 review as a gospel, holy shit.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Still the same people, most of them are P5 fanboys now taking 6\10 review as a gospel, holy shit.
Please, Stop bringing up other forums/boards to the discussion.

BTW, I find strage that the EDGE review is not up yet.