Hype of Final Fantasy 15 gone since FF7 Remake been Announced?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I see what you're saying. I am more hyped for FF7R, but my hype for 15 has never been that massive to begin with, so I don't think it's gone down for me - just stayed the same. I don't know if it's because I've generally avoided a lot of FF15 info/footage or because it doesn't actually look too exciting to me anyway - probably a mix of both - but I'm sure I'll be more interested when launch rolls around. I grew up on FF7, and it was a defining game for me, so it's natural it's generated far more hype than I have for 15.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
The hype isn't gone. I just got more excited for the Remake once they showed that gameplay trailer. On the other side, hype got down when they announced it was going to be multi part series.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
In this case, FFXV has yet to show off it's true colors to the world
While that´s partially true, if this generation (or the previous was) is any indication you can generate hype without showing the "true colors" or "reasons" to be hyped for a game. Prime example being an eye catching energetic trailer that doesn´t show too much if analysed critically.

Sep 26, 2013
Personally I feel that people are underestimating XV. I'm not sure I've ever seen hype for an upcoming FF title at such a low before in all my time as part of the fanbase, and I don't think that based on what we've seen and been told about the direction of the game that optimism should be this low. However, to be completely fair, we have never seen a Final Fantasy with a development quite like this. The changes, the shattering of what Versus was and marketing has managed to do a lot of damage to more fans than I'd like to admit. While I've been really pleased with the open way things have been conducted and with the smaller scale updates, I understand from the reactions of the rest of the fanbase that I may not be in the majority. This is a shame because I'd really like to see more stuff like this outside of the big presentations, but it doesn't seem to be an effective way of interesting most folks.

Just my two cents, but I think when XV starts strutting its stuff in a flashier fashion a lot of people are going to be shocked at how much they like what they see. I'm eagerly awaiting March for that very reason because I dearly miss the positivity. For the time being I try to look at the muted reaction of fans as a good thing. I've seen hype destroy impressions of an otherwise good game just because no game could ever meet such inflated expectations, so perhaps what's going on now will turn out healthy for XV after all is said and done. For those of you who may be feeling disenchanted I really do hope you join me again when there's more of substance to see.

Sep 26, 2013
I wouldn't say it's gone but perhaps a different vibe for some people now. These ATR's for example have no impact so it has probably been difficult for some to get super excited. It has been a while now since FFXV was presented to us in a very epic fashion. Something that gets a ton of people talking and pumped up really good.

zenobia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2015
Nope i want FFXV so much more because of prompto :) he is all kinds of amazing with that english voice (to me) and for FF7 i never played it because (don't want to) i did like the crisis core game and i do really like the movie reno is my favorite there, but i will give the FF7 remake a try but nothing will stop me from getting FFXV first :)

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
As always, I'm waiting for them both. But it was to be expected that the hype for FFVIIR would overflow the one for FFXV. There's just not comparison if we talk about the legacy and meaning of both games (specially because FFXV is yet to be released).

However, I'm confident of Tabata's team and FFXV. I hope that game can create a legacy of its own, so that in 20 years we're asking for a re-release or something... You know, after we end playing FFXXIX or something that year.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Well, I feel like the only chance I have of fairly judging FFXV is to go on blackout, so I can't really be hyped over something I try to avoid. If I let myself get excited over something, I might hold a grudge when it gets removed *cough* oooor I end up unfairly judging that it will be bad or the characters will be insufferable because a lot of the footage released so far (duscae) is a cringe compilation, even though that may be very different from/not at all reflective of the final product.

FFVII on the other hand, as long as they don't royally screw things up I already know I'm going to enjoy what I'm going to get, but I don't know if I'm "hyped" for it yet. I freaked when it was first announced, but I've mellowed out now. Maybe if I get to see scenes I liked from the game.