Hyrule Warriors

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Anyone interested in this? It's basically Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin. Seems like a very nice love letter to Zelda fans based on everything I've seen so far.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Simply because it's Zelda I'm very interested. With each new piece of info that's been coming out, the thing's looked far more appealing each time. It's about time the series had a fanservice game.

It's gonna be one of those that makes you wanna replay games in the series. Just looking at the new Ocarina of Time stuff is making me wanna go back to that game.

A bit of a shame you can't switch between multiple characters mid-battle, like in Warriors Orochi, though.

I just really want a voluptuous Malon confirmed playable and I'll be happy ;)

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I think the character picks are really interesting and for that reason alone I'm on board. I used to like DW and really fell out with it just because... well, after a while, you just start to get bored of those games. But now? Not so sure, frankly... the addition of Zelda might be enough to bring me back! I'm awful, I know...

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I've never been a fan of the Dynasty Warriors series, but I'm following the game because Zelda. Of course, I'd have to actually read some reviews before actually thinking on buying it.

Sep 26, 2013
It's gonna be one of those that makes you wanna replay games in the series. Just looking at the new Ocarina of Time stuff is making me wanna go back to that game.
Seeing Princess Ruto makes me want a Ocarina of Time console remake.

I'm personally hoping to see Agahnim from Link to the Past. Always thought he was awesome in both the game and Nintendo Power comic.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Seeing Princess Ruto makes me want a Ocarina of Time console remake.

I'm personally hoping to see Agahnim from Link to the Past. Always thought he was awesome in both the game and Nintendo Power comic.
I've yet to buy OOT3D because it's always full price, but it's really put me on the lookout for a copy now.

Agahnim, yeah, definitely. When you start thinking about it, there are so many characters you could pull from the various games and produce some cool battle styles. Agahnim would be great. I'm really hoping they start to pull from the various classic and 2D handheld games now. Would love a costume for ALTTP Zelda - one of my fave Zelda designs. Then you've got all sorts of quirky characters from the Oracles and items from older games. Imagine putting the ladder from Zelda 2 to use and whacking people with it lol.

Really hope they don't overlook Malon/Cremia... Marin might be an option too. It's great to see so many females so far, so I've got high hopes.

Sep 26, 2013
Wonder how many characters there will be? Game comes out August 14th in Japan so we should be learning about all these characters in the next few weeks. What's the average number of playable characters in a Dynasty Warrior game?

Would love a costume for ALTTP Zelda - one of my fave Zelda designs.
Which one? The royal dress (pink and white) or plain clothes (blue).

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Characters - not sure, but there's like 145 in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. Want to try that one out myself as it has Kasumi from DOA.

Forgot about Zelda's blue dress! So yeah, I mean her pink and white main princess dress. Think that's my fave Zelda design of the series. Lots of detail.

Sep 26, 2013
Geez... And we only know of 10 player characters and 8 enemies...

Makes me feel confident our favorite characters will make the roster.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
There is going to be a Hyrule Warriors Direct on August 4th/5th (depending on your time zone).

- Europe : 5AM (5/8)
- UK : 4AM (5/8)
- USA (East Coast): 11PM (4/8)
- USA (West Coast): 8PM (4/8)
- Japan : 12PM (5/8)

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I reckon there'll probably be between 15 and 20 playable characters and about the same number of enemy character. There's no way this game'll have the size of a regular Musou game, but on the flip side the things they're doing with the multiple weapon types (ie Zelda can equip a rapier or she can equip The Wind Waker, both with unique fighting styles and move sets) basically means she's two characters in one by DW standards anyway. Plus, the things like the large, non-player bosses, such as King Dodongo, or equippable weapons found on the battlefield, like bombs, aren't a DW-style thing at all and are a very new concept for these developers.

I wonder... will we get mounts? Regular DW has horses, and I'm surprised we haven't seen Epona.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
The character select screen shows room for three more characters.

So far they've only covered Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time and it seems like they're only going to cover console Zelda games but not all of them.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Ahh, that's a bit of a shame. Damn, I'm desperate for Malon to get some rep in this game. Malon on Epona would be perfect.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
If they went with a somewhat random character (Agitha from TP), I'm sure it's a tossup as for who could be revealed next. Please, no Tingle.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I imagine those last three spots aren't for villains and they'll be grouped together on a different character palette.

Have no idea who the last three characters could be though. Link's uncle from A Link to the Past? Someone from the Duku family in Majora's Mask? Tetra from The Wind Waker? Or maybe they're revisit Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword's cast of characters again.

Wonder if DLC is planned for this game?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I imagine those last three spots aren't for villains and they'll be grouped together on a different character palette.

Have no idea who the last three characters could be though. Link's uncle from A Link to the Past? Someone from the Duku family in Majora's Mask? Tetra from The Wind Waker? Or maybe they're revisit Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword's cast of characters again.

Wonder if DLC is planned for this game?
Welp, I hadn't really thought about the lack of diversity those games offered.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
There really isn't much that stand out from those three games when it comes to the hero side of things. Agitha, while random, is unique in someways I guess. She's got the whole bug thing going on.

Villain wise, Skull Kid and Agahnim.

I think Majora's Mask will have a hero and villain rep. The moon is in the game after all.