Kingdom Hearts II: Beyond the X Button (gameplay analysis)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I literally just saw the video before you posted it. It gave me a much needed insight on how the gameplay works and I'm willing to try and learn. You know, having played the Final Mix version that came with 2.5 HD, and after beating the Cave of Remembrance (no luck with those insane Organization XIII superbosses, though), I knew that there was more to the game than just the basic "Mash X, hit Triangle sometimes, and Cure", but the combos shown on the video just blew my mind. I didn't know they were possible at all! And he explains it very well: I never really needed them during the game. I didn't even know how to use the limits or how to level up the Drive forms until halfway through the game, because I never felt the need to really use them. The game felt really easy.

This is a great video. I just beat KH2 this month, but I think I'm going to give it another go to try and use these strategies.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I literally just saw the video before you posted it. It gave me a much needed insight on how the gameplay works and I'm willing to try and learn. You know, having played the Final Mix version that came with 2.5 HD, and after beating the Cave of Remembrance (no luck with those insane Organization XIII superbosses, though), I knew that there was more to the game than just the basic "Mash X, hit Triangle sometimes, and Cure", but the combos shown on the video just blew my mind. I didn't know they were possible at all! And he explains it very well: I never really needed them during the game. I didn't even know how to use the limits or how to level up the Drive forms until halfway through the game, because I never felt the need to really use them. The game felt really easy.

This is a great video. I just beat KH2 this month, but I think I'm going to give it another go to try and use these strategies.
Indeed it was really good look at KHII gameplay, gameplay more complex than you can see at first glance but, just like he said, the times when you actually will use the gameplay at its full potential (full potential available at that point in the game) are few and far between, which is really shame. Hopefuly it doesn´t happen again in KHIII.