KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV news & discussion thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Hey @Lulcielid, could you change the spoilers thread's title so that the word "spoilers" is in the beginning? Cause both threads appear the same in the Latest Replies and it's easy to mistake them (which happened to me a few times lol).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
How spoilery are the spoilers in there anyway? I have come so close to clicking that thread like 50 times, but not because the names are similar.

heartimecia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 2, 2016
Florida
How spoilery are the spoilers in there anyway? I have come so close to clicking that thread like 50 times, but not because the names are similar.
VERY spoilery. I've spoiled myself on a few (admittedly big) things and that's enough for me. Thread definitely has plenty of details, and Gamefaqs and NeoGaf have their threads filled to the brim with spoilers.

All the new art looks really fantastic...that this movie will look extremely beautiful, I have no doubt about. Makes me wish Insomnia would be fully explorable more than I ever already have.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Meh. I will stay out of them then.

I honestly can't believe how well they've been contained so far to be honest. Hopefully it stays that way. I still don't get what people see in spoilers, though. Just like negative people. I used to be a negative person and I used to look up spoilers. And I look back on both of those times and wonder why anyone would ever choose to do either.

But, anyway, as long as the spoilers don't spill out all over the place, it's all good.

heartimecia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 2, 2016
Florida
Meh. I will stay out of them then.

I honestly can't believe how well they've been contained so far to be honest. Hopefully it stays that way. I still don't get what people see in spoilers, though. Just like negative people. I used to be a negative person and I used to look up spoilers. And I look back on both of those times and wonder why anyone would ever choose to do either.

But, anyway, as long as the spoilers don't spill out all over the place, it's all good.
Some people don't mind getting spoiled, especially since they've waited 10 years for this so they are itching to just know things, at least from the movie and not the main game. Some people have waited 10 years for this, so they are doing everything possible to not get spoiled.

I spoiled myself on a few things, but that's as far as I'll go so that I don't know everything. I think some people don't mind knowing some of the things that happen as long as they don't know how they come to happen. And it's totally different to read a spoiler than it is to experience it, with the music and visuals and voice acting all present.

But yeah, people seem very respectful of these things so far as we have to wait at least a month to see the English version. As long as you stay away from the threads and from people who spoil things without thinking, you're good!

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Spoilers as a whole don´t bother me, knowing whatether "X" thing happens or not in the story doesn´t matter to much to me since I find more interesting and import the how things happen, which thanks to the interractive nature of games is hard to "spoil" for me.

heartimecia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 2, 2016
Florida
Spoilers as a whole don´t bother me, knowing whatether "X" thing happens or not in the story doesn´t matter to much to me since I find more interesting and import the how things happen, which thanks to the interractive nature of games is hard to "spoil" for me.
Yep, I'm pretty similar. I knew what would happen in FFX's ending before I played the game myself, but experiencing the journey up until that point made me end up crying over the ending for several hours. It's that combination of experiencing things yourself, the music playing, the voices, and the facial animation that really makes the moment. I'd prefer not to have a surprise spoiled for me, but sometimes I get curious and I know what I'm doing, and that it won't necessarily ruin the experience for me.

I'm only this way because it's just the movie though...the actual game, I will have no tolerance for any spoilers (besides what we already know) at all, haha.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
To each his own, I suppose. I was spoiled on about 75% of the happenings in GoT and none of them ended up bothering me, per se, but the ones I was not spoiled on had greater impact. I love a good teaser type spoiler. I just don't get it when people are basically sharing the script, or worse, someone's lame interpretation of it. I find that makes me involuntarily watch the full thing waiting for the next thing to pop up.

But, like I said, as long as they're mostly contained, it'll be OK. What I really want is the digital version to be out already. I intend to watch this movie like 5 times in a row on a loop at this point. I hate waiting for things! But reading the spoilers will mean I'm still waiting for things AND ruining the movie a little bit.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
To each his own, I suppose. I was spoiled on about 75% of the happenings in GoT and none of them ended up bothering me, per se, but the ones I was not spoiled on had greater impact. I love a good teaser type spoiler. I just don't get it when people are basically sharing the script, or worse, someone's lame interpretation of it. I find that makes me involuntarily watch the full thing waiting for the next thing to pop up.

But, like I said, as long as they're mostly contained, it'll be OK. What I really want is the digital version to be out already. I intend to watch this movie like 5 times in a row on a loop at this point. I hate waiting for things! But reading the spoilers will mean I'm still waiting for things AND ruining the movie a little bit.
Dont go in the spoiler thread, (or on gameFAQs) The full actual 100% plot synopsis is in both places there, don't risk it. I didn't see it, but I do know some things unfortunately that I wish I didn't. (Meaning I wanted to find out by watching the movie/playing the game). One thing that is quite unusual about this project is that Kinglsglaive really seems to be a (slight) re-imagining of the original intro to Versus and thus IS part of the game, even if its on a separate disk. So, it is possible that by watching it there may be things you will already know about XV the game as well.

I wanted to go in as fresh as possible, the problem is that I was so invested in Versus, that I really wanted to know what has remained of that vision in XV... especially the depiction of the lore of that world. Nomura was very outwardly open about that aspect of things, whereas Tabata is not. This is only frustrating because we DID know these things about Nomura's Versus and we do not about Tabata's XV. It may still be similar, it may have changed completely, I don't know yet. For some reason I really loved the original religous concept of Lucians but in modern day Insomnia, and I wonder if it still is depicted at all/ or has any importance to the redesigned story structure of XV.

At least what I have learned from this, is not to get too invested in any story concept I find interesting unless I am damn sure it it is near completion/will come to fruition more or less as depicted, lol!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Yeah, the full story synopsis has been leaked. I didn't want to read any of it, but I ended up reading it. There are actually a lot of questions I still have for the movie though, so even if you somehow read them, you still don't have all your questions answered unless you go digging deeper and start asking questions.

Great pictures, really awesome to see Lucis and I can't wait for the film to come out.

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
I'm really in love with Crowe's Kingsglaive attire... would have loved if she was someone playable in the game. :/ But it's too late to wish for such things, lol.

The Insomnia palace looks magnificent. I don't think it's in the photos above (saw it on Twitter), but they also showed the structure of the king's throne room inside and just wow.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
From Anime News Network: Kingsglaive has opened in Japanese theaters at No. 10 with sales of nearly 23,000 tickets. Takings in yen equivalent to just above $345,500 (about £262,507) in two days. Not takings to blow the mind, but it got into the top ten.
That's really damn impressive for something that was only announced three months ago and was only distributed to 44 screens!

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
I'm really in love with Crowe's Kingsglaive attire... would have loved if she was someone playable in the game. :/ But it's too late to wish for such things, lol.

The Insomnia palace looks magnificent. I don't think it's in the photos above (saw it on Twitter), but they also showed the structure of the king's throne room inside and just wow.
Yeah, the overall architecture is really awe-inspiring :jawdrop:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York