Last Movie You've Seen

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Finished re-watching Sen to Chihiro Kamikakushi for the 3rd time, and i found some pleasant surprises i haven´t seen before, definitely the Best movie from Studio Ghibli.

May 26, 2014
Finished re-watching Sen to Chihiro Kamikakushi for the 3rd time, and i found some pleasant surprises i haven´t seen before, definitely the Best movie from Studio Ghibli.
That's Spirited Away right? I really loved that movie. I should watch it again, I only remember the main outline of the plot at this point even though I've seen it many times. I remember always trying to hold my breath for as long as the main character (Chihiro? That was her name, right?) when she crossed the bridge.

Anyway, I think the last movie I watched was The Interview. Pretty big waste of time overall, not that I was expecting otherwise. Interesting running joke throughout the film, but almost everything else about it was pretty un-funny. It had its moments I guess. And it got somewhat funnier once they actually got to North Korea (which I suppose is to be expected).

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Of Studio Ghibli I've only watched Spirited Away, and I remember I liked it, even if I don't remember much. I watched Princess Mononoke a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I sort of wanted to go see Ant Man, but the "straight" boyfriend said Ant Man sounds like a wimp (he knows nothing about Super Heroes), so we went to see Trainwreck instead. I was pleasantly surprised by the, though simple and predictable, movie! It was genuine and funny but not in the stupid funny way. I was more shocked that Amy Schumer did an amazing job acting. I've watched her show before and also watched her stand-up on Netflix, but I wasn't expecting she were able to pull the more sensitive and touching scene. Not to mentioned the produced and wrote the movie, so I have a lot of respect for her after that.

A side note, the man said he liked it.

May 26, 2014
All three Matrix films in a row. NEVER AGAIN.

That frickin' car chase scene. That was painful. It wouldn't have even been so bad had it not come right off the heels of another long action sequence.

Anyway, this is my second time watching these movies and... well, I've always liked the first one, but I guess I was less disappointed by the second and third this time around. That of course has to do with the fact that I knew what I was getting into this time (and sort of tried to look for more of the thematic stuff I guess), but I also know a little more about the Wachowskis (and really the entire production of these films in general) now than I did back when I watched for the first time and I have a little more perspective about what they were trying to do with these, or... where they were coming from, I guess. Which isn't to say I think Revolutions is a good movie.

Also, going into it a second time I was able to follow the (in?)famous plot twist at the end of Reloaded a little bit better. Maybe the first time I was too caught up with trying to follow all of the confusing, techno jargon interlaced in the surprisingly-simple explanation there.

I still think the second and third films are a waste of time. They have some great moments, but there's so much there that serves only to convolute everything and so many boring side characters introduced that they're just not worth it.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Watched Blade Runner for the first time. For 1982, it's not bad. I was expecting more out of the plot, but I loved the cyberpunk setting. I can see why it's influenced games and films for decades since its release.

Is Deckard a replicant, though??
Yeah, he apparently is.

May 26, 2014
Watched Blade Runner for the first time. For 1982, it's not bad. I was expecting more out of the plot, but I loved the cyberpunk setting. I can see why it's influenced games and films for decades since it's release.

Is Deckard a replicant, though??
Yeah, he apparently is.
I keep meaning to see it, but I never get around to it. I've read the book though. Pretty good read. Dunno if you're a reader, but I'd recommend it. I hear the movie diverges from the book quite a bit midway through. It gets really weird and trippy near the end, which I loved.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Dragon Ball Z : Revival of F

This movie is fun and enjoyable, it has some nice use of characters and has the action that many where outcrying a yelling for in the previous movie.

Seeing old characters fighting can be something refreshing for some fans and surely they will like, just try to ignore anything related to powerlevels and you will avoid being distracted from the action.
There where some potential character developments for both Vegeta and Goku but the film at the end doesn´t try to make the risk of doing so.
While bringing back an old villan as the new threat seens a bit quetionable in whatever its a lazy move or not but the important fact here is that he at least represents a tread to our heroes as he manages to become stronger and is able to hold his own againts Goku´s new power... the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan... weird naming, i know. Everything is good and fancy up to the confrontation with the Saiyan and the revived tyrant in the last 30 mins of the film...
the main problem here is that the fight a bit long for its own good, it drags quite a bit and also its here when Freeza stops being threatening as a new weakness shows up, which ends up nerfing him to the point where he goes from being equal to SSGSS Goku to become his personal boxing bag and the plot tries to take out Goku by using the magical power of inconsisten powerlevel (which is something that i don´t care but many fans will post shit tons of rants about that particular scene).

So overall its a fun and enjoyable movie that probably most fans will like only for its inclusion of action with its obvious weakness being the last 30 mins, the inconsistency in powerlevels (which again i don´t mind but many other do) and certains events that happened off-screen that needed some explanation.

As a final note i still consider Battle of Gods to be the superior movie between these 2 (if not the best movie from the franchise), some of the reasons for that being the concept of Beerus, the subversion of the generic DBZ movie formula, the development of Goku and the expansion of the Dragon Ball universe and lore.

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I keep meaning to see it, but I never get around to it. I've read the book though. Pretty good read. Dunno if you're a reader, but I'd recommend it. I hear the movie diverges from the book quite a bit midway through. It gets really weird and trippy near the end, which I loved.
If I read books, I definitely would give it a read. I think I lack patience to sit down with them, though :/

I'm in a sci-fi movie mood after seeing Blade Runner now, so I wanna try and look into more. Want to watch the Alien, Predator and Terminator series (seen most of them, but not every single one in sequence). Perhaps Back to the Future, as well. Was flicking through this list for ideas, so might try some of them.

zenobia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2015
The last two movies i have to mention i watched are
Pefume: The story of a murderer. and The Pillars of the earth is actually a miniseries on dvd but it felt to me like a movie and it still does also it's my favorite out of the two. but i still loved the first one just not as much so yeah that it.

Last edited:
May 26, 2014
If I read books, I definitely would give it a read. I think I lack patience to sit down with them, though :/
Oh, that's a shame. But since you'll probably never read it, I'll just tell you that
in the book Deckard is actually human. So yeah, very different. I actually didn't know that in the movie he's a replicant - or android, as they (more generically) call them in the book. I knew they made major changes in the movie, but I'm surprised they changed something like that!

Perhaps Back to the Future, as well.
Y-you've seen Back to the Future before... haven't you? If not, watch it immediately. One of the best movies of all :cool: TIME.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Oh, that's a shame. But since you'll probably never read it, I'll just tell you that
in the book Deckard is actually human. So yeah, very different. I actually didn't know that in the movie he's a replicant - or android, as they (more generically) call them in the book. I knew they made major changes in the movie, but I'm surprised they changed something like that!
Yeah, I heard they really changed things a lot from the book. The movie was still pretty ambiguous, but there are hints throughout that he's a replicant/android. Even Harrison Ford himself never got a straight answer from Ridley Scott, and he wanted to believe he was human. But Scott has come out and said replicant.

Y-you've seen Back to the Future before... haven't you? If not, watch it immediately. One of the best movies of all :cool: TIME.
It would have been so many years ago that I don't remember a thing, so a rewatch is definitely in order.

Watched Alien last night, which is the one I'd seen a few times before, but gonna watch the whole series now. I think I'll watch these before I jump onto Back to the Future.