Last Movie You've Seen

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Watched Spiderman Homecoming today. Awesome movie. Great job by Tom Holland. Overall, the most enjoyable movie I've seen this year.
i was expecting to be a forgettable marvel movie experience, got out of the theater excited for the sequels and i actually want to watch it a second time (might be my second fav spider-man movie).

loved all the characters, vulture was great.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Finally watched Kimi no Na Wa.
The visuals and art direction is pretty gorgeous and at times unbelieveable and easily the best thing about the movie, unfortunately, for my test, the movie doesn't focus enough on the development and emotional bond between its two lead MCs, which is a key element of the second half and the ending, leaving me somewhat cold when the movie is over.

First Impression: 6/10 (good enough)

I may do a rewatch later to see if my first impressions change (or not).

The next film on my watching list is Koe no Katachi. I plan watching this sometime this weekend.

EDIT (9/Aug/2017): Rewatched Kimi no Na Wa and I'll bump my score to a 7/10, mainly because of the impressive craftmanship in animation and blending of new tech with traditional hand drawn animation, my stance on the underwhelming emotional bond still remains though.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Watched Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice). Man, it gave lots of feelings and touched my heart in many ways, all I can say is that the movie earned my feelings and emotions.
9/10

It makes me salty that it did not get as much as attention as Kimi no Na Wa did.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Watched Death Note (Netflix adaptation).

It was good. I liked the actors of Light, Mia (Misa), L, their characters were IMO a bit more interesting than their anime/manga counterpart. I'd have liked they had a bit more battle of wits but I like what we got regardless. Bonus point for coming up with creative ways of using the death note itself. Only thing I disliked was the romance subplot.

7.75/10

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Watched Death Note (Netflix adaptation).

It was good. I liked the actors of Light, Mia (Misa), L, their characters were IMO a bit more interesting than their anime/manga counterpart. I'd have liked they had a bit more battle of wits but I like what we got regardless. Bonus point for coming up with creative ways of using the death note itself. Only thing I disliked was the romance subplot.

7.75/10
Rewatched Death Note again, I say it's a better movie on second viewing and it a lot of other good qualities and quirks, like how westernized (in a good way) the concept was done combined with pretty good film making. I'll be bumping my score to a 8/10.

The GemiKnight

Clan Centurio Member
Nov 11, 2016
Durban, South Africa
I watched Kingsman The Golden Circle. A very solid action movie. It might not feature any Oscar winning performances but that's not why you go to watch a movie like this. If you're looking for something fun to watch while chilling out with friends, this would be a good choice.

Sioux

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Rosebud, SD
Guardian of the Galaxy 2: The Electric Boogaloo.

Man, talk about an ending. I haven't genuinely cried from a scene in a movie in a very long time.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I took my daughter to see the My Little Pony movie. To say it was insipid garbage would be insulting to garbage. Sure, the subject matter was so saccharine I needed an insulin injection, but that's no excuse for a nonsensical plot, pointless characters, and lack of any structure. If I'm forced to sit through a kid's movie, at least have the decency to make it good.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Last two films I saw this past week:

Black Panther
It was awesome, probably my favourite MARVEL movie of them all, Killmonger was easily the best villan the MCU has ever had, Wakanda also rocked. Looking forward to a sequel.

Score
: 5/5

Thor Ragnarok
Pretty fun, charming, endearing and true to its identity, easily in my top 5 MARVEL movies.

Score
:4.5/5

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Two days ago I saw Avengers Infinity War.
Semi-Coheren-Nonsensical-Review said:
Infinity Wars was everything it needed to be as a big loud party movie celbrating 10 years of fandom build up, doubling on the humour, the action, the emotions and the characters and doing everything Avengers did in 2012 but bigger.

As a standalone movie is pretty lackluster with little "substance" and lots of spectacle and funny characters but, looking the movie with these lens is missing the point of what Infinity War is and what it wants to say. Just like Avengers, this movie is a celebration of everything that Marvel has built on this franchise, the characters, its quirks and gimmicks, action, its cliches and tropes, emotional investment and more, this amalgamation of movie's substance IS its big and loud spectacle of crossover stravaganza.

That doesn't mean its inmature, here Marvel shows that they have heard its most common criticisms and you can see that they have been excercising on improving (most of) its shortcomings, and by doing so they delivered a thrilling opponent, surprsing developments (for their standards), many many emotions and an incredibly polished popcorn blockbuster like nobody's bussiness.

This is AVENGER: INFINITY WAR
Lots of great stuff.

I'd rank it as the fifth best MCU movie, behind Black Panther, Guardians 2, Winter Soldier and Guardians 1 respectively.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i wouldn't call it lackluster as a standalone movie either, i thought it was great entertainment.

personally it impressed me how they tied so many characters and story events without coming up as confusing.

the ending was awesome, finally the dramatic punch i wanted from marvel and im really pumped for the sequel.