Let´s replay Final Fantasy: FINAL FANTASY IX

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
@Azuardo: ahh thats right you modded your PSP, I forgot ;) Well but this is why I am careful with modding because it can seriously screw up your system for other things and the risk of the system breaking down is higher. Which is why I will never mod my PS3 ever.

@Stealth: well you are a little late to the game (no pun intended lol) but fortunately not too late. if you want to join in, please read the entire original post in this thread on page 1 and then tell me if you are in or not so I can put you on the official players list. And then you can dive right into it until you reach the 1st checkpoint (but really read the original post and the rules of it first, thats really important if you want to join in)

@Azuardo: ahh thats right you modded your PSP, I forgot ;) Well but this is why I am careful with modding because it can seriously screw up your system for other things and the risk of the system breaking down is higher. Which is why I will never mod my PS3 ever.

@Stealth: well you are a little late to the game (no pun intended lol) but fortunately not too late. if you want to join in, please read the entire original post in this thread on page 1 and then tell me if you are in or not so I can put you on the official players list. And then you can dive right into it until you reach the 1st checkpoint (but really read the original post and the rules of it first, thats really important if you want to join in)
I will let you know

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It can be dangerous, but only if you don't know what you're doing and and depending on what model you have. Mine is unlikely to ever permanently brick because of the model it is, and I did it about five or six years ago, and it's been sound. And I think only first model PS3s can be modded these days.

Anyway, made it to the first checkpoint!

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
@Azuardo how the heck did you take such in-game pictures??? Just from CFW? Nice quality! And congrats! I'm handling my PSP now starting right away!
It's awesome quality. It looks just like that when playing in-game, too. Love playing PS1 games in native res on PSP - look fantastic. I use prxshot.prx. If you need a download link, I can PM you it.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
@Azuardo Is there any risk? I'm not that rich to replace it! :D
Oh, are you running CFW on a modded PSP? If you are, it's safe, though I don't know for sure if it'll work on the CFW you have installed (if it won't work, it won't work; it won't break anything). I'm using 5.50 GEN-B, but it might work on other CFWs.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
@Azuardo no I don't run any CFW... I skipped this kind of classes. They only thing I got modded was my PSone back then... Since then I didn't actually need it... Hmm I'll try taking photos with my phone or sth else... Will see... Thank you though!

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
Ok here is the thing guys! And I'm so happy that something new happened to me during my 28th playthrough of this game!
First Battle vs Baku, on my first attempt to Steal him... I got the Mage Masher instantly with Blank. It had never happened before so quickly. I once stuck on this for almost 8 mins! And now it came as present! :D

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
@Azuardo no I don't run any CFW... I skipped this kind of classes. They only thing I got modded was my PSone back then... Since then I didn't actually need it... Hmm I'll try taking photos with my phone or sth else... Will see... Thank you though!
Ha, no worries. I assumed you were on CFW.
Ok here is the thing guys! And I'm so happy that something new happened to me during my 28th playthrough of this game!
First Battle vs Baku, on my first attempt to Steal him... I got the Mage Masher instantly with Blank. It had never happened before so quickly. I once stuck on this for almost 8 mins! And now it came as present! :D
Haha. Love that huge attack boost from that early Mage Masher.

Is anyone gonna try to steal all of the items from Hilgigars later on? I don't think it's even possible to get them all lol.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Guys, please avoid talking about CFW on this forum. Me no likey that stuff.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
you guys are lightning bolts :p I haven even started yet (kind of busy with PC stuff at the moment). Hm Azuardo did you just blaze through it or did you explore all corners of Alexandria? There are a couple of items to be found on the streets, in houses, in the clocktower, in the shops. I´d also recommend a bit of farming, stealing and levelling in the Evil Forest. 102 Minutes seems awfully short from the start to the worldmap and very fast to me.

Anyway guys, those of who who already play , tell us about your game so far. After all thats the point of it. Tell us about what you did, found, strategies, your thought on moments etc. I hope most of you dont just post "I reached checkpoint xy" from now on, that´d be boring....Lets get really into it :)

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
you guys are lightning bolts :p I haven even started yet (kind of busy with PC stuff at the moment). Hm Azuardo did you just blaze through it or did you explore all corners of Alexandria? There are a couple of items to be found on the streets, in houses, in the clocktower, in the shops. I´d also recommend a bit of farming, stealing and levelling in the Evil Forest. 102 Minutes seems awfully short from the start to the worldmap and very fast to me.

Anyway guys, those of who who already play , tell us about your game so far. After all thats the point of it. Tell us about what you did, found, strategies, your thought on moments etc. I hope most of you dont just post "I reached checkpoint xy" from now on, that´d be boring....Lets get really into it :)
I've played this game since I was a kid; I know about items on the floor lol. I'm not rushing; there's not much to explore at this point in the game. Now that I'm at the world map, I may do some levelling, but I still need to ensure I'm reaching checkpoints so I can do other stuff in my day lol.

Plus, you know, I know of the odd trick to speed up certain battles and such (kill Zidane at the start of the Plant Brain fight to trigger Blank entering, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.