Let´s Replay Final Fantasy: General Discussion & Voting (Poll)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which Final Fantasy game do you want us to play through together first?

• Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Final fantasy IX

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
I will be writing a couple reviews tonight, but I will get started tomorrow if that's the plan.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
Okay. I'll start playing tonight or tommorow then. I will be able to play around 2-3 hours per day due to lack of time since university lessons start on Monday here. I won't farm too much though just to make sure I'll keep up with the team. I suppose arriving at Cleyra for instance at lvl 12-15 is enouph...

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
I've read the first post about 10 times now, and I know this was all for the PSOne FF games, but is there any chance of it including the other ones? Just wondering, even though the only FF game I currently have in my possession is one of the ones with the most negative reactions to it.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Don't see why that would be a problem for the future. I'm sure many other people would want to do games other than the PS1 FFs.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
yeah this doesnt have to be limited to just the PSOne FFs but the idea for the project came to me because I wanted ro replay either VII or IX after I had replayed VIII so thats why in this first playthrough they were the candidates.

I definitely plan on a FF X/X-2 HD playthrough project once that is released (probably around January) since that is my most favorite game of all time. I dont know yet how to go once the IX playthrough is finished. If X/X-2 HD comes out at that time, that will definitely be the next one I want to do but if not then we could either automatically move on to VII (gaiages already told me he would like to join a VII playthrough as well) or we make another poll that includes VII, VIII and XIII (not much sense in doing a XIII-2 playthrough before doing a XIII-playthrough first).

games I will not include in polls for now are handheld games or the NES/SNES FFs though.

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
I'm not the kind who can get his hands on money easily, and all the money I can get (three cheers for only being fourteen) is going to LR, so neither is an option, I'm afraid. :(

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
Call me crazy but to me it wouldnt make much sense to play XIII-2 and LR if you havent played XIII. I know you get a recap of things in the sequels but its not really the same. It should be experienced from start to finish in the right order. But maybe thats just me.

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
Hey, another highschooler!
High-five for youth. :D
I hear you. I work at GameStop, and I don't get paid hardly squat. BUT I get a lot of good discounts, so...
This is really sad, but I plan on working there. Also, this is getting a bit off-topic, so I suggest we continue somewhere else, like say one of our profiles.

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
Call me crazy but to me it wouldnt make much sense to play XIII-2 and LR if you havent played XIII. I know you get a recap of things in the sequels but its not really the same. It should be experienced from start to finish in the right order. But maybe thats just me.
Oh, it's not crazy, but by no means am I suggesting you skip XIII. Hey, I could even do this independently for LR a week or two after it comes out so we insane fans can do it without a refresher course through the first two. The joys of playing single-player games together, right? ;)