Lightning Returns buried in SE's financial report - what does this mean for FF sequels?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Valefor@SF

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
It's obvious that LR would do very good. Direct sequels of JRPGs tend to sell much less than the first game and LR was the sequel of a sequel. Besides, reviews hurt it a lot. If I had to choese, I'd have all FF games as stand-alone titles without sequels, like the FFI-IX era.
I think lightning returns' strong point was how it's battle system had finally evolved closely to the original battle format of E3 2006. Its not really that close but way closer than 13 and 13-2.

Maybe they should have just applied the battle system to another, new ip?

Also, i love the battle system so I may be a bit biased in this post >_<

Nov 29, 2013
Battle system was good. I was able to make a practical build which used magic as the sole source of DPS, and it was amazing to watch the dragon (that one in Luxerion) just bouncing in the air from my onslaught of casts.

Also, here's a LR combo video (not by me).

I think a game which can result in something like this deserves at least some merit. If this battle system had been in a main numbered FF game and had been given both the time and resources for further development, I'm sure it could've been amazing.

Last edited:

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
The battle system was amazing,but the characters and story felt more like a low budget jrpg that wouldnt get localised,they really made everything more confusing than they should
Maybe if someone else handled the story and made it with fresh new characters it could be more successfull