Lightning Returns Equipment Collections List [Probably Spoilerific]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do equip type do you wish was most numerous in Lightning Returns?

• Accessories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Attachments (Visible Decorations)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
All right, added 2 new weapons and garb. Gonna go through some stuff since I have a few minutes on a decent computer, add some screenshots of the remaining missing garb in that video, and see if I can get ahold of my translator about some ability names.

Raitningz

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 18, 2013
raitningz.tumblr.com
I don't mean to violate the disclaimer again, but the LR Ultimania states that not counting DLC, the game has 72 different weapons, 42 different shields/armguards and 71 garbs you can collect (57 on first play, 13 on hard mode, 1 for getting platinum trophy).

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I don't mean to violate the disclaimer again, but the LR Ultimania states that not counting DLC, the game has 72 different weapons, 42 different shields/armguards and 71 garbs you can collect (57 on first play, 13 on hard mode, 1 for getting platinum trophy).
Well I just finished adding placeholder screenshots from that video you linked earlier, 5 new ones. The total right now is, in fact, 74 in-game garb. Unless the Ultimania doesn't actually count the XIII and XIII-2 outfits as being in-game and considers the default Garb to not be part of the numbers, that would seem to be a mistranslation or a misprint. If it does discount those three things, it would be helpful to know if their respective weapons and shields are also not counted.

EDIT: If you (or anyone else) could confirm which garb are Hard Mode exclusive for me, I would much appreciate it. None of my players have been for sure on what garb they just missed the first time through and what was actually Hard rewards. I'd like to get my sections re-organized by name.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Well I just finished adding placeholder screenshots from that video you linked earlier, 5 new ones. The total right now is, in fact, 74 in-game garb. Unless the Ultimania doesn't actually count the XIII and XIII-2 outfits as being in-game and considers the default Garb to not be part of the numbers, that would seem to be a mistranslation or a misprint. If it does discount those three things, it would be helpful to know if their respective weapons and shields are also not counted.

EDIT: If you (or anyone else) could confirm which garb are Hard Mode exclusive for me, I would much appreciate it. None of my players have been for sure on what garb they just missed the first time through and what was actually Hard rewards. I'd like to get my sections re-organized by name.
Hard Mode Garbs

Astral Lord
Blazing Mars
Duelist
Deep Uranus
Fading Saturn (Wading Saturn is Fading Saturn) :)
Frost Mercury
Heat Haze of Time
Helter Skelter
Rising Venus
Saint Damsel (A purple-colored Midnight Muave garb)
The Tower
Vanishing Pluto
Wanderer of the Unseen Realm

Siegfried must be one of the hard mode garbs (Exclusive for people who had played the demo)

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Hard Mode Garbs

Astral Lord
Blazing Mars
Duelist
Deep Uranus
Fading Saturn (Wading Saturn is Fading Saturn) :)
Frost Mercury
Heat Haze of Time
Helter Skelter
Rising Venus
Saint Damsel (A purple-colored Midnight Muave garb)
The Tower
Vanishing Pluto
Wanderer of the Unseen Realm

Siegfried must be one of the hard mode garbs (Exclusive for people who had played the demo)
Oh wow, Siegfried is the garb you get for playing the demo? Very nice. And all right, I'll change Saturn. I don't think I've seen a Saint Damsel yet though, hmm.

Alleo

Yevonite
Nov 25, 2013
So if there is a costume that you only get for playing the demo, then doesn´t that mean that we will also get a demo soon? (Or will this be a japan exclusive DLC?) :)
Even though I don´t like to wear dresses I love to watch female characters in them. They always look so beautiful :cool: I was so happy after I saw Lightning in her purple gown and even more happier that she seems to have more dresses. (Saw them in this thread for the first time :)) The only sad part is that they are looking too similar. At first I thought they were the same with different colors but at the second glance I noticed that they are a little different at the seam. Still wish that they would vary a little more. :(

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
So if there is a costume that you only get for playing the demo, then doesn´t that mean that we will also get a demo soon? (Or will this be a japan exclusive DLC?) :)
Even though I don´t like to wear dresses I love to watch female characters in them. They always look so beautiful :cool: I was so happy after I saw Lightning in her purple gown and even more happier that she seems to have more dresses. (Saw them in this thread for the first time :)) The only sad part is that they are looking too similar. At first I thought they were the same with different colors but at the second glance I noticed that they are a little different at the seam. Still wish that they would vary a little more. :(
They all are based on 12 garbs (except Samurai sub-types) I think some are really distinct. For example, Duelist, Sacred Knight, Siegfried, Ultimatum and White Mage.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
So I have been busy with work lately, and then I got disgustingly, mind-crushingly sick. I am still battling the nastiest flu I've had in years, so I'm actually going to start uploading a bunch of unstranslated weapons and shields. If you have a translation let me know: I won't be putting them into the front page until after we've got a name for them from now on. Expect this posted to be edited starting sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.

Alleo

Yevonite
Nov 25, 2013
First a Happy New Year everyone :D now it´s not long till Lightning returns arrives. :cool:

They all are based on 12 garbs (except Samurai sub-types) I think some are really distinct. For example, Duelist, Sacred Knight, Siegfried, Ultimatum and White Mage.
I know :) I just wished that her dresses would differ a little more. Maybe some different accessories on the dress itself. They (at least the upper parts) look too much alike. But it´s just something small that I noticed. I´m still really happy to see her in such clothes. :D

@Ehren: :eek: sickness at such time of the year is always horrible. I hope you´ll get well soon. :)

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
First a Happy New Year everyone :D now it´s not long till Lightning returns arrives. :cool:

I know :) I just wished that her dresses would differ a little more. Maybe some different accessories on the dress itself. They (at least the upper parts) look too much alike. But it´s just something small that I noticed. I´m still really happy to see her in such clothes. :D

@Ehren: :eek: sickness at such time of the year is always horrible. I hope you´ll get well soon. :)
Am I the only one who was annoyed by those revealing garbs? I hate that "Nightmare" garb. Such a disgrace. :/

Alleo

Yevonite
Nov 25, 2013
Some of them are really revealing but I´m not annoyed by them. I find them funny :)(always imagine how it would look to the other characters and what they would think) They may not be something that you could see on Lightning but it´s nice that the player gets the chance to make his/her own Lightning. :) (I don´t know if I will use them)

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Still clawing my way out of the land of sick, will hopefully be coherent enough to begin posting today. As for the more revealing designs, not really bothered by them. The games I play are full of such designs, but they don't really have any bearing on me personally. Sexy or silly costumes serve entertainment purposes regardless of the game or character, and if you want to be super serious then go ahead and use the more serious equipment.

I dunno, maybe it's just because I grew up with 'Tales of' games and their wide variety of costume types, or because of how many games I've played with character creators, but I really don't see options not suited to my tastes as being a problem. As long as there's something I like, it's all good.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
It will be, but there were circumstances again preventing me from being around regularly. While life has calmed down a little now, I decided to wait until I get my copy of the English game (should be very soon) so I can just put up the English names of everything.

andrew darby

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 9, 2014
i think that square enix not releasing lightning returns collectors edition is appalling and a slap in the face to all European fans...I have written to them but no reply.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
All right, so. I managed to get my English guide a bit early, and...

Garb: 72 (74 if you count XIII/XIII-2 set)
Weapons: 70 Weapons (72 with XIII/XIII-2 set)
Shields: 40 (42 with XIII/XIII-2 set)

Also, there are three special garb (not included in the numbers above) in the game that replace existing garbs. Your gift from Hope on the final day of your first playthrough are the garbs Dark Muse+, Mist Wizard+, and Equilibrium+. The guide has the Seven Samurai, Cloud Set, Aerith Set, Yuna X Set, Yuna X-2 Set, Tomb Raider Set, Moogle Set, Cosmocrator Set, and Celestial Body Set listed for stats and abilities as "DLC or pre-order bonus". That should be 15 DLC garb/weapons/shield, bringing the full game total to 87 (not counting the three garb+) garb, 85 Weapons, 55 Shields. I will update the front page when my copy of the game finally arrives and I can start matching English names to screenshots. Some garb retain their original names pretty much, while others seem like they are completely different.

Kaimi

Yevonite
Oct 10, 2013
Poland
If you're going to get garb images from the game, be sure to take the screenshots from Schema customization menu as each garb has its own pose.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
If I had a capture card I would do so, but my current materials come from an import player who was kind enough to send me shots they'd taken.

Kaimi

Yevonite
Oct 10, 2013
Poland
All right. Personally, I'm interested in seeing this "School Girl Uniform" thing. Will you also include information on how to acquire certain equipment pieces, please?

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I will transcribe the information I have available to me, yes. Passive abilities, stats, locked skills and spells, methods of obtaining, and gil cost when applicable. The school girl uniform is apparently called "School's Out" or something like that... Haven't got the guide with me at this moment.