New Character! ( A few Screenshots from Famitsu!)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
To point out: Prompto was introduced as Prompto, not a new character. Just redesigned.
Luna has been introduced as a new character and has a completely different synopsis. I really don't think they canned her:
“I wanted to make sure that characters, like Noctis, that are so important to Nomura, are maintained in the best possible way.”

Sisters so soon after the Farrons? I prefer a different flavour. One of them is a royally appointed body double of the other. It's something royalty/nobility would do, in case someone is out to assassinate a prominent family member.

Shyamalan twist: who is the real one and who is the body double seems apparent, but the game switches it around in the middle, culminating in Noctis slaying the woman he might have been close friends with in his childhood!

Orenji

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 15, 2013
Mataró
orenji-chan.blogspot.com
To point out: Prompto was introduced as Prompto, not a new character. Just redesigned.
Luna has been introduced as a new character and has a completely different synopsis. I really don't think they canned her:
I wish they haven't canned Stella too, but the name "Stella" hasn't appeared in any of the FFXV trailers they've shown so far. Prompto was in both of them, and his name was present in both of them, too (iirc). My point is that even if that girl was Stella, she could still be called a "new character"...

EDIT:

Okay, I just read this...

Tetsuya Nomura established last year that the blonde seen at E3 2013 was indeed Stella. His desire to alter her design was because he wanted to make her prettier than the original concept.
Now I'm confused... Still not buying the twin sisters theory, tho...

A bit odd for them to use an older profile shot of Prompto when they've redone his face again since.

Unless the boys stop by at a neighbouring kingdom 10 hours into the game and he gets out to get to his plastic surgery appointment.

EDIT: Or Square-Enix just haven't given them a new Prompto render yet.

Last edited:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I wish they haven't canned Stella too, but the name "Stella" hasn't appeared in any of the FFXV trailers they've shown so far. Prompto was in both of them, and his name was present in both of them, too (iirc). My point is that even if that girl was Stella, she could still be called a "new character"...
No I don't think so. Prompto has nothing to do with this in the first place. Tabata has been clear on whats changed and whats not and story, world, and characters are clear to remain.

Just because Stella wasn't in the demo trailer, doesn't mean she isn't there anymore. I think it's clear there are far more characters than just the one shown currently and last year. Also, Stella's first meeting with Noctis is at the party room iirc. This seems to imply Luna & Noctis know each other before. I'll concede if someone asks or its never confirmed though.

Sep 26, 2013
Sisters so soon after the Farrons? I prefer a different flavour. One of them is a royally appointed body double of the other. It's something royalty/nobility would do, in case someone is out to assassinate a prominent family member.

Shyamalan twist: who is the real one and who is the body double seems apparent, but the game switches it around in the middle, culminating in Noctis slaying the woman he might have been close friends with in his childhood!
Wouldn't surprised me if you just figured it out haha.

In the early trailers, Stella seems to be that warrior type (mage class). Luna is probably someone of authority. A princess or queen perhaps.

Or things could be flipped around. Noctis kills Luna who he thought was Stella.

Whatever it is, this will probably end up being one of the plot twists.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
"A new mysterious woman has been revealed. One can only wonder what her involvement is with Noct and gang (on their journey)."

hmmm

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
So then she meets him in Accordo. I'm going to say the city name is Altissia, lol.

I wonder if the negotiations are done in Accordo between Idola and Regis and the party happens in Lucis Kingdom?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Well damn. It's time for @LeonBlade to wear the cone of shame.

Post--related: Finally! New info! Even though it's in Japanese and I can't understand crap.
Yeah yeah...

This Picture here:

View attachment 154

Looks like the same room as the new Luna picture o.o.
...that's what I've been saying all this time... She's not in Altissia, that's Accordo, which is why none of this made any sense to me... Go back and look at my rantings about why I thought this was Stella and not Luna and you will see that I mention that Luna is shown in Accordo.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
...that's what I've been saying all this time... She's not in Altissia, that's Accordo, which is why none of this made any sense to me... Go back and look at my rantings about why I thought this was Stella and not Luna and you will see that I mention that Luna is shown in Accordo.
While at first I think Altissia might be the city or district, I guess it is just the trailer misleading with the line and scene at hand.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
While at first I think Altissia might be the city or district, I guess it is just the trailer misleading with the line and scene at hand.
Yes, this is why I was so reluctant to assume that this was related in any way, but obviously now I must admit defeat! This character is in fact Luna, and does closely resemble that of Stella... but why?

Once we get a translation of the scans maybe we can get a better insight.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Yeah. I guess this also confirms that the party at Lucis Kingdom where he meets Stella is on a completely different note and likely Luna has no relation to Tenebrae.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Yes, this is why I was so reluctant to assume that this was related in any way, but obviously now I must admit defeat! This character is in fact Luna, and does closely resemble that of Stella... but why?

Once we get a translation of the scans maybe we can get a better insight.
Either Twin sister or Alternate Reality. That's what I'm calling! ( Twin sister is my guess though LOL!)

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Since she's in Accordo during the negotiations then meybe she's representing one of the nations (Niflheim? Tenebrae?). She looks like a royalty after all.
Also her gestures in the trailer suggest she's having some kind of a dilemma, so maybe she knows about Idola's plan to break the negotitations and decides to do something about it.