PERSONA 5 Releases on September 15th in Japan (and more info)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
I'm currently playing Persona 4 Golden. I'm not that far in, and I wasn't planning to get Persona 5 until after I'm finished with it, so I've got plenty of time to get through it!

Still not a peep about when Europe's getting it.
At least there's hope now that we'll be getting it (and other ATLUS games) in the future:

Deep Silver, Sega of America, and Atlus USA are entering a collaboration to publish multiple Atlus and Sega-brand titles on consoles and handheld devices across European & Pal territories, Atlus announced in a press release this morning.

The publishing deal will cover the wide array of future titles for both physical and digital versions across PAL territories. This includes Sega title 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, and Atlus titles in Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and Persona 5.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/06/deep-silver-will-begin-publishing-atlus-sega-titles-europe/#3wOE0Iq0ovvVcuKZ.99

Deep Silver also already published Catherine for Atlus in Europe, so this seemed to be a foregone conclusion after Atlus suddenly dropping NISA as their EU partner.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Digital pre-order and purchase available through the Japanese PlayStation Network (Japanese account required, of course).

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Main character talks?

Anyway, why do I get the feeling the lip flaps will be crappily synced in the English version?
Unless Atlus itself has taken a nosedive, I'd say they'll be careful about localizing one of their own products. Plus, it's their own IP and it's not on a Nintendo platform, so no interference (that's what slightly spoiled Tokyo Mirage Sessions).

They managed lip syncing alright for the anime cutscenes in P3/P4, so I don't think they'll do too badly. As for real-time cutscenes, they may decide to do something like Square Enix did with the XIII games and do rough lip syncing to English dialogue.

It would be optimal if they also managed to offer the game in more languages than just English in Europe and add the original dub to western releases before that. But hey... baby steps and I for one am actually glad they managed to find a distribution partner so quickly, seeing how little Atlus (USA) cares about the European market.