Pleague of the Stars / Bloodmoon Storyline

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Another interesting read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5i4teu/pleague_of_the_stars_bloodmoon_storyline/

So i had a random conversation with a girl who has done alot of research about Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy XV , and she had alot of intresting information to share ( at least in my opinion). but due to the lack of english skills i have , i couldnt discuss things the way i wished i could. ( because english is not my native language) The thing is when i read in english i totally understand like 95% of it but i cant talk :D so i copy and paste what she said . WORTH THE READ (i guess?)

I have written, personally, the longest post possibly in Youtube history lol, just for you. It is not bad. This is actually a post I wanted to get out there that contains a lot of very important, 100% accurate information about the game, its real story, and something I NEED to get out there for the FF community as a whole. It would be wrong if I didn't. In the future I am simply making videos where I just talk to explain what I want to say. With that being said, go ahead and read all of this, because it will probably answer any question you will ever have regarding the latest FF, and basically FF in general. On with it then: Let me say this directly to you, for you: This is all truth, so you don't have to worry about opinion or fan interpretation or any of that, this is just straight from the original story. OK here it is:

It was called The Plague of the Star, and what it originally was written as is that what they call the star is actually the moon. I don't really know why they call it the Plague of the Star, but I think they are talking about a disease or great scourge or sickness that "came down from the heavens" and was punishing their world. What would happen originally is that people would become infected by weird gray looking blotches on their skin, and then slowly lose their memories of everyone they loved and become more aggressive and more animal like, then the final stage is that their 'soul' would be 'sucked' into the Void (also called the World Beyond in FFXV) and their bodies would then be inhabited by demons (lets call them what they really are, not daemons or whatever they used due to sensitivity. They are straight up Demons.) Well, anyway, back on track. The original story is that when the Plague of the Star reached its final stages or peak, after a certain amount of time, the moon began to grow in size and color every day, until finally, the star or sun itself would literally be sucked into the Void and vanish and be replaced by this huge Red Moon that was more like somekind of gate for all the monsters and demons from the Void to pour into the world and completely take it over, kind of like the Legion from World of Warcraft. This exact story is actually explained a lot, but in a slightly different way, in a wonderful game I highly recommend called Final Fantasy TYPE-0 HD for PS4 (they took the handheld game and redid it for PS4 and updated the graphics, music, etc.) It is one of my favorite FF's and has this great story that was originally going to be a part of FFXV, back when it was called FFXIII Versus. I am so sorry I had to type such a long post, it is just A LOT TO EXPLAIN! lol Anyway, the Scourge of the Star was pretty much the main overreaching theme that was used as a plot device to carry on what was to be the final invasion of the world. For example, if you watch even some of the slightly older FFXV videos on Youtube, even close to release, you will see scenes where the sky is blood red, the huge moon that is blood red, and gigantic flying demons in the sky. It is shown quickly for a second, because you could tell it was near the end of the game and they didn't want to spoil anything. As for the story of Ardyn being a great healer and Oracle or whatever, all of that was actually new content that was changed. The original story was that Ardyn was simply a person that was the arbiter from the Void, who speaks on behalf of the Power behind the Void (we don't know what it is, or who) just like the Oracle was an arbiter or liaison between humans and the huge Espers, which they call Astrals or Astral gods or whatever now.

So to sum it up, it was originally the Astrals and humans VS the darkness, which was the power of the Void. There was a good Crystal, that shined white and gave humans our power, and the Crystal of the Void was actually called, well, a Void Crystal, which is simply an evil Crystal that gives all the Void and demons their power and allows them the born gift of magic, and that black burning sulfur you would see in Kingsglaive whenever Nyx or any other member of the Kingsglaive was warping, you would see that black cloud of ash and smoke for a second, and they would cough. Do you know why? Because the secret was going to be that the Crystal that Insomnia has was actually meant to be a Void Crystal! That is the truth, the big secret, and that was that Insomnia was always meant to be shrouded in night forever and actually more of a city of Chaos, only at a truce with only one line of humans, which was known as the Lucius (yes, it was originally called Lucius, like Lucifer) family. They were allowed to use the power of the Void Crystal that was gifted to them (we don't know when, how, or why) in a Pact, also known as a Covenant, where the agreement was the life of every King as a sacrifice after that King used as much of the Void power as long as his body would withstand it. Do you know why? Because humans were never meant to use magic, and it actually prematurely ages us and you can even see pictures of King Regis growing a horn out of his head. You finally end up becoming a demon at the very end and your soul becomes a part of the Void, which was the agreement. It was pretty much a deal with the Devil, metaphorically speaking, "unlimited power" with the only price being, well, your soul.....which was everything. So yes, the original story was meant to be very, very deep, dark, mature, way more interesting and coherent (because of its connection with Fabula Nova Crystallis). Also, lastly, I want to say that the original design was that the House of Lucius worshiped a shunned and feared 'goddess' who was considered evil. Her name was Etro, and that is why the world itself is called Eos, because the originally story is that Etro created man in her image, and Insomnia and the Lucius line was her chosen, royal family, or leading family that she bestowed the Ring to. And to blow your mind even more, do you know the ring that Noctis wears is actually based on the so-called real life biblical Ring of Solomon (type in Seal of Solomon in Google and read the Wiki on it, it will blow your mind). This ring gave whoever wore it direct power to the Chaos Crystal's full power, the power to CONTROL and summon demons to do your will, and all sorts of incredible super-human abilities.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I thought this got posted here already. Just in case it didn't, this girl who posted all her fragmented stuff on various random YouTube videos like some weird serial killer is full of shit. The name of Lucis was always Lucis, Regis' crown is a crown (not a fucking horn), this girl is just making shit up and she's probably legitimately crazy given how crazy she is posting on random videos this stuff.

MercilessV

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 31, 2016
Crazy huh? lol, is that why the assets are within the actual game? I am not full of shit, and I have posted no disinformation. More and more of the things I said are now being found within the game, and Ultimania actually proved many of the points as stated as being removed from earlier drafts. Perfectly sane, perfectly legit. I'd revise your post.

Another fascinating tidbit is Ifrit was in fact supposed to represent Chaos/The Devil in he earlier drafts, said in Ultimania. Him betraying the original Astrals, as they are called in the English version, is in direct parallel of Lucifer's fall from grace and The War of the Magi that ensued. Scarring the earth. Why are people so unwilling to accept things unless they are spoonfed?

Original Solomon Ring/Lucius Ring introduced in FFVIII:

Peasant agreed with this information and added it into his videos long ago for a reason, you know. And no, I am not posting on "random videos".

Anything else?

MercilessV

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
there was never a lucius name in versus, let alone xv

ifrit represents the devil, that's clear for anyone that played it, they dont need to read fanfics to know that.

MercilessV

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 31, 2016
there was never a lucius name in versus, let alone xv

ifrit represents the devil, that's clear for anyone that played it, they dont need to read fanfics to know that.
Then there is absolutely no arguement? I don't write fanfiction and hate that crap. It's for people with no lives. Lucis, Lucii, Lucius, any latin variation of is simply "Light Bringer". There is not even an argument here. A mod just made a smartass post and I corrected it. That's all.

MercilessV

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 31, 2016
Then there is absolutely no arguement? I don't write fanfiction and hate that crap. It's for people with no lives. Lucis, Lucii, Lucius, any latin variation of is simply "Light Bringer". There is not even an argument here. A mod just made a smartass post and I corrected it. That's all.
The only truth, as explained in Ultimania, is Ifrit was originally going to represent Chaos sitting on his throne. Have you ever heard of Ifrit looking like a human, with a sword, sitting on a throne of skulls...? No, of course not. Tabata just went with it as Ifrit.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
"Sorry, but I am not good enough to write this kind of fan fiction, and I actually hate fan fiction. I hope the ex-Square employee from 4chan releases as much story knowledge he has regarding Versus, because then I am positive most of what was passed on to me will be revealed in much further, more accurate detail. I have said everything I was told.

4chan Square employee, if you are out there, please post as much about the original Versus story as possible, all the way down to the original Insomnia logo being the golden skull of Etro, which you can still see on the license plate of Regalia, mind you. The only place, even.

A golden skull with a single wing."
so that's the origin of this; why are you telling ppl this is the truth if there's no way to verify if he's an ex-employee?

"The only truth, as explained in Ultimania, is Ifrit was originally going to represent Chaos sitting on his throne. Have you ever heard of Ifrit looking like a human, with a sword, sitting on a throne of skulls...? No, of course not. Tabata just went with it as Ifrit."
maybe he wanted to pay a homage; simple like that

MercilessV

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 31, 2016
"Sorry, but I am not good enough to write this kind of fan fiction, and I actually hate fan fiction. I hope the ex-Square employee from 4chan releases as much story knowledge he has regarding Versus, because then I am positive most of what was passed on to me will be revealed in much further, more accurate detail. I have said everything I was told.

4chan Square employee, if you are out there, please post as much about the original Versus story as possible, all the way down to the original Insomnia logo being the golden skull of Etro, which you can still see on the license plate of Regalia, mind you. The only place, even.

A golden skull with a single wing."

so that's the origin of this; why are you assuming he told you the truth?
I have to go, but I'll answer this before I do. It was revealed by Ferrari, and the employee leak, that Ardyn originally had a second and final form that took place after you defeated him the first time. Do you remember the original Insomnia logo of the Golden Skull with the wing in it? It can be seen in early picture of Versus as the logo of the city. Ferrari revealed his original design for Ardyn was supposed to be a three or four tier abomination of a monster that very closely resembled this design, with the golden skull being at the top (his head) with two wings coming out of the waist. I am sure you can find him saying this if you search for it. I asked the Square employee if he could leak a picture of this or if he saw it, as it was cut right before release. That is why the final battle was so boring and lacking. It was meant to be much more like the FFVI Kefka dancing mad battle and would probably have been cool as hell.

Anyway, that's why I asked if the employee had heard anything about this. Regarding the logo, you can still get it at the lighthouse in FFXV as a decal that can be used on the Regalia.

Here ya go:

PS- It was later confirmed he was an ex-employee by posting things that came true without having any prior knowledge. There is no way that he couldn't have been.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I have to go, but I'll answer this before I do. It was revealed by Ferrari, and the employee leak, that
Ardyn originally had a second and final form that took place after you defeated him the first time. Do you remember the original Insomnia logo of the Golden Skull with the wing in it? It can be seen in early picture of Versus as the logo of the city. Ferrari revealed his original design for Ardyn was supposed to be a three or four tier abomination of a monster that very closely resembled this design, with the golden skull being at the top (his head) with two wings coming out of the waist. I am sure you can find him saying this if you search for it. I asked the Square employee if he could leak a picture of this or if he saw it, as it was cut right before release. That is why the final battle was so boring and lacking. It was meant to be much more like the FFVI Kefka dancing mad battle and would probably have been cool as hell.

Anyway, that's why I asked if the employee had heard anything about this. Regarding the logo, you can still get it at the lighthouse in FFXV as a decal that can be used on the Regalia.

Here ya go:

PS- It was later confirmed he was an ex-employee by posting things that came true without having any prior knowledge. There is no way that he couldn't have been.
Where to even begin with this. -_-

Ferrari didn't say anything about Ardyn having a transformation except that, when asked by Nomura to add something to the original design, he added a wing as a nod to a potential transformation. It's not clear whether a transformation had been designed at that point and, even if it had, there's no saying whether a transformation designed in 2011 prior to the name change and Nomura's own revisions would have been relevant to Tabata's take on the game.

The only one who described a monster transformation for Ardyn was a 4chan poster who never posted anything until after the game had already released, so there's no real way to verify that he had inside information. The NeoGAF thread on the matter certainly didn't result in any conclusive reason to believe the guy.

There was another 4chan poster who posted stuff about the game before it came out that turned out to be true, but he also made up crud, made the sort of mistakes expected of someone who'd seen parts of the game without knowing the behind-the-scenes mythos, and flubbed Noct's fate so badly that even the people who read the spoilers didn't expect Noct to die. Falk, a NeoGAF member who worked on the game's music, specifically confirmed that those leaks weren't 100% accurate after the game came out. And all that guy said about a monster transformation was that one existed.

And, in any case, considering the nature of Ardyn as he exists in the game, it makes perfect sense that they'd choose to end with a much more personal mirror battle and a sequence where you finish him off as a human being rather than turning him into a monster and losing all audience empathy for him.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
Peasant agreed with this information and added it into his videos long ago for a reason, you know. And no, I am not posting on "random videos".
Im sorry..Couldnt resist, and after a year of being here as a silent watcher and reading news and forum from time to time, your post seduced me to sign up here. When did it become, that a simple youtuber has a such an influence that his words should be taken for the truth. He is a simple fanboy, who is making different kind of videos about ff. Some of them came true about ffxv, some not. I dont even want to start how did he get information, cause a lot of st will pop up. And the last his video about engine showed clearly that he doesnt have clue about this theme, and how things working.

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Crazy huh? lol, is that why the assets are within the actual game? I am not full of shit, and I have posted no disinformation. More and more of the things I said are now being found within the game, and Ultimania actually proved many of the points as stated as being removed from earlier drafts. Perfectly sane, perfectly legit. I'd revise your post.

Another fascinating tidbit is Ifrit was in fact supposed to represent Chaos/The Devil in he earlier drafts, said in Ultimania. Him betraying the original Astrals, as they are called in the English version, is in direct parallel of Lucifer's fall from grace and The War of the Magi that ensued. Scarring the earth. Why are people so unwilling to accept things unless they are spoonfed?

Original Solomon Ring/Lucius Ring introduced in FFVIII:

¨

Anything else?

MercilessV
Hee Merciless Your a true Versus fan, remember those words from anywhere :p?

Haha so they call you crazy chick lol....People here are so focused in protecting FFXV that they even can`t see the true anymore

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
Hee Merciless Your a true Versus fan, remember those words from anywhere :p?

Haha so they call you crazy chick lol....People here are so focused in protecting FFXV that they even can`t see the true anymore
Pardon me, but what are you talking? You are the one here, who is trolling and trying to provoke ppl here. Most of them here not focused on protecting the game, but, fist of all, the opportunity to share opinion about game. But here is a problem with XV. Most of ppl from both sides, but especially from negative side, when starting to discuss\ complain about the game, they bringing ash of Versus and God Nomura. Nad you, OP, one of those ppl, who are living in the past, and cant let go it. You dont like this game? Fine by me. But dont spread out information in bad light.
But you know..Yeah, why not. Let final fantasy to fc up hard. Really hard. Like what did happen with mgs and re. The more ppl like you popping up, the more, deep inside of me, desire of failing VII remake rising. Its not my favourite game, but i like it much, but really..Let just it fc up hard, so hard, that even company would blow. God...Fans of ff even worse than fans of mgs.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Where to even begin with this. -_-

Ferrari didn't say anything about Ardyn having a transformation except that, when asked by Nomura to add something to the original design, he added a wing as a nod to a potential transformation. It's not clear whether a transformation had been designed at that point and, even if it had, there's no saying whether a transformation designed in 2011 prior to the name change and Nomura's own revisions would have been relevant to Tabata's take on the game.

The only one who described a monster transformation for Ardyn was a 4chan poster who never posted anything until after the game had already released, so there's no real way to verify that he had inside information. The NeoGAF thread on the matter certainly didn't result in any conclusive reason to believe the guy.

There was another 4chan poster who posted stuff about the game before it came out that turned out to be true, but he also made up crud, made the sort of mistakes expected of someone who'd seen parts of the game without knowing the behind-the-scenes mythos, and flubbed Noct's fate so badly that even the people who read the spoilers didn't expect Noct to die. Falk, a NeoGAF member who worked on the game's music, specifically confirmed that those leaks weren't 100% accurate after the game came out. And all that guy said about a monster transformation was that one existed.

And, in any case, considering the nature of Ardyn as he exists in the game, it makes perfect sense that they'd choose to end with a much more personal mirror battle and a sequence where you finish him off as a human being rather than turning him into a monster and losing all audience empathy for him.
TBH the only monster form I could see for Ardyn is practically him transformed into a being looking like the Kings of Lucis that's it though, I wouldn't expect Exdeath, or Safer.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
People here are so focused in protecting FFXV that they even can`t see the true anymore
Your blatant attempts at trying to sound confrontational and rude is truly distasteful.

Most posters here are quite level headed and are perfectly fine with giving criticism where it is due, as well as pointing out areas that the game can greatly improve upon.

Middle ground and objective posters do exist if you haven't noticed.

Perhaps we could reverse your statement and say that "some people are so focused on shitting on FFXV that they can't even see the truth anymore?"

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Your blatant attempts at trying to sound confrontational and rude is truly distasteful.

Most posters here are quite level headed and are perfectly fine with giving criticism where it is due, as well as pointing out areas that the game can greatly improve upon.

Middle ground and objective posters do exist if you haven't noticed.

Perhaps we could reverse your statement and say that "some people are so focused on shitting on FFXV that they can't even see the truth anymore?"
More like he's soo blinded by nostalgia for FF Versus XIII he can't see the truth anymore, I never really understood why people shit on FFXV like Versus XIII, and sometimes the reverse. Me I'm good with both yeah there are somethings I would have liked to see from Versus XIII like the more KH esque magic system, and the Leviathan fight in 2013, but that doesn't make me shit all over FFXV or the people that like it, which is why even though I would want a Versus XV, it's not something I say needs to happen.

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Pardon me, but what are you talking? You are the one here, who is trolling and trying to provoke ppl here. Most of them here not focused on protecting the game, but, fist of all, the opportunity to share opinion about game. But here is a problem with XV. Most of ppl from both sides, but especially from negative side, when starting to discuss\ complain about the game, they bringing ash of Versus and God Nomura. Nad you, OP, one of those ppl, who are living in the past, and cant let go it. You dont like this game? Fine by me. But dont spread out information in bad light.
But you know..Yeah, why not. Let final fantasy to fc up hard. Really hard. Like what did happen with mgs and re. The more ppl like you popping up, the more, deep inside of me, desire of failing VII remake rising. Its not my favourite game, but i like it much, but really..Let just it fc up hard, so hard, that even company would blow. God...Fans of ff even worse than fans of mgs.
Nope I want 7 remake to succeed