Reboot FINAL FANTASY Versus (Petition)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
This is a waste of time of resources, "fixing" the base XV is far more cheaper than what the petition ask for.
Well yeah....but they have the whole assets created. o they just have to tell the story right.

And they could reboot this game as an spin off. So no FF fan should be upset

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Yes, this is totally waste of time. 900~ people is nothing in the bigger picture.

For me personally, the plot and story content of XV is good enough, they just need to fill the blanks with certain key characters. Which they working on now i think.

Also, not everyone has died as you stated. Noctis friends are alive. And this game always been about sacrifice, so appreciate your MC, and what he did!

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
Yes, this is totally waste of time. 900~ people is nothing in the bigger picture.

For me personally, the plot and story content of XV is good enough, they just need to fill the blanks with certain key characters. Which they working on now i think.

Also, not everyone has died as you stated. Noctis friends are alive. And this game always been about sacrifice, so appreciate your MC, and what he did!

Well its there if you like it or not.....growing stronger erriday

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
There is a rumor floating around there that it is coming. With FF7 Remake mostly being done by CC2 and KH3 mostly being done by Tai Yasune's team, Nomura may be doing something else in the background.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
There is a rumor floating around there that it is coming. With FF7 Remake mostly being done by CC2 and KH3 mostly being done by Tai Yasune's team, Nomura may be doing something else in the background.
man, if they did a remaster for every game that had changes/cut content in the development...

it's not happening, they may reuse ideas and concepts for a future game and that's it.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, I'm sure Nomura would want to return to something he had been working for almost ten years (in very hell-ish conditions sometimes) and that has made him and his company the laughing stock of the industry. S-E would certainly want that too, so that they can drag this whole mess for ten more years and admit the mistake that was releasing Tabata's version in 2016.

EDIT: seriously, why the hell would they want to go back to this? It makes no fucking sense. Let it go: as much as we all wanted certain things for this game, it has already released and has gotten a more than good reception. That's it, they should be happy things have gone relatively well considering what as shitshow this has been.

This mentality is one of the things that has kept S-E as a fucking joke (in my opinion) for so long. Let them create something new. They have NOW, finally, the chance to do so, without having to recoup for XIII and XIV's fiascos and having to release games announced a decade ago.

Last edited:

XvoltaireX

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 28, 2014
I always find it hilarious how people seriously think if they make petitions like this, then a gaming company is just going to magically drop their business flow, and bend over for the demands of a few whiney people that didn't like a product they were not obligated to buy. The game was actually really good despite its flaws, and it sold really well world wide. 800 people do not in any way represent the FF fanbase. If you don't like the game, that's your problem.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I mean, it's fun to speculate and learn things that got cut/scrapped/changed during Nomura's day (and also Tabata's). But expecting S-E to do something about it (beyond the so promised patches to the base game) is very unhealthy and, above all, delusional.

And we also have to take something into account, and that's Nomura. Despite, I think, him understanding what happened and why, I don't really believe he would want to go back to this world and characters. We've already seen Noctis' journey, and that's the one that's gonna be final: everything that comes after would feel weird as fuck, even if I do understand what a reimagination is. Also, have in mind that, while I guess many important things were scrapped or changed (that much is obvious), some broad events or story beats might have stayed the same, so it would feel redundant (or they would have to change it, which would go against Nomura's vision!).

And lastly, there's a Gaf thread of some of Ferrari's comments on his characters and, very vaguely, FF Versus and XV. It seems like even during Nomura's director days the story was constantly morphing (which is totally logical, but the way it's worded makes me think that the changes were substantial enough to not just be some sort of natural process of story-crafting).

I'd rather see XVI as soon as possible. FF VII-Remake too, as I'm incredibly curious about that one and, well, hyped. I want to see Tabata's supposedly new IP. And I want to see new talent and already known talent (Nomura included) doing different stuff than just rehashing some project (which is different than a remake) and admitting a defeat.

PS: that doesn't mean many of the assets and know-how achieved during XV's development is going to waste. I hope they can repurpose them and, hell, continue using Luminous (or features/parts of it) for future games. Its development was messy as fuck and it's not without flaws, but I find it very impressive for the most part (imagine a more linear and slower game than FF XV with that potential).

This was a long post.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
the game ended up having

same characters / worldview / OST / themes / battle system / locations / plot points from Versus

there's a lot of the previous game in XV, just enjoy it.